Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Brownhair798's Many Campaigns! (July 17th, 2020 - Campaign 2, Red Frost)

So, in order to acclimate my buddies to the world of Urealms, I've decided that rather than throwing them without rhyme nor reason into my Murderer at Sea campaign, I'm gonna throw them first without rhyme nor reason into an early campaign from the show - Zarlin Catacombs. So I'm going about updating the health pools and abilities of the NPCs to see if I can make it balanced.

Big problem tho

I am not good at this stuff. Are there any tips ya'll think I need to properly balance things and update it for the current mod?

Comments

• IT HAPPENED! I haven't DM'd a game like this in years- But it was SUPER fun and it looks like they all loved it! They're askin' for another campaign! *FLAILS AROUND EXCITEDLY*

I'll post a recap of what happened in our admittedly *very different experinece* in the Zarlin Catacombs soon.
  • I'm very interested! I've been doing my own campaigns for friends recently so I love hearing these stories
  • Alright. So here we go.

We start off with familiar face Raynel leading/not leading in our four silly fellows.
    Kobold Thane 'Bruf', who has amnesia and a strange affinity for ice magic.
    Black boar beserker Bronk, so yes that's a 2x2 tile who has bearserk to turn him into a 3x3 tile.
    Porc monk 'Porcio' who is obsessed with his desire to eat people, being a cannibal.
    Christian, the keen bandito and party leader - Who was an escaped uhm... Let's say 'servant' from the halls of House Barringster.(I gave the player a brief outline on Barringster antics. It was only afer this that they decided the character needed to be dressed in a maid outfit for the campaign. Goodness...)

Oh, also, Reynell is wearing bold scalemail for this, as a random piece of gear I gave her. She's still a lil' racist towards kobolds, and now porcs as well, though she did seem to bond with Bronk mainly because he turned out to be kind of the straight-man of the party.

The man has an exotic nose, what can I say.

So. Let's run down a few of the big set pieces from Zarlin and how these four goofballs mucked it up.

1. The first hallway.

So, as we know, the traps in the first hallway aren't supposed to do anything, right? This did not stop the group from being TERRIFIED of them. Christian decides that, being a coward, they'd do their best to fully avoid the pressure plates by using Petal Pathway to jump over top of them and to the end of the hall... To the end that has the door and the skeleton. They then proceed to roll a 20 on an investigation, so - I have to give them goodies. Goodies that are neither worth the inventory space so, there's now some extra armor and a QUAKE-MAKER laying on the floor. This will come into play later.

Or at least I tried to make it come into play later.

The team then proceeded to try to tiptoe around all the traps- Followed by the Black Boar just flat out tripping and landing on one and nothing happening. JUST AS INTENDED, NOT A BUG, BUT A FEATURE, BEENU TRAPMAKING.

2. Robot guards and the treasury

The fight went pretty much the same as it did on the show, but for one major difference. Christian was all over the map, getting her ass handed to her not by the robots, but by gravity as she continuously tripped, and fell from whatever she was attempting. But then she got to the big pink robot (We named him Jerry) and of course, falling for the bait that Jerry was deadlier than the the trio, focused her efforts on him.

By charming him.

I said no, that won't work-
    Then they got a 19.

....Welp. I guess they have a useless robot friend now.

Jerry promptly proves his worthlessness, and the fight ends as normal. They find a secret passage when Porcio, eager to see if there was any meat left on the skeleton by the wall, stumbles upon the secret path (with a 20 to boot. They hadnt even -looked- at the door yet, this guy just wanted a bone to chew on.)

They enter the treasury, Porcio gets a pot puppy, they find some new armor to give Raynel (downgrading her by 5 stamina points, well done lads) and we get our first LEGENDARY ROLL!

Our black boar berserker? Who can bearserk to turn into a 3x3 tile? Yeah he got his.

So now we've got a 3x3 tile that can turn into a 4x4 tile walking around. He's super strong...

...And that's when Bronk gets an idea.

3. South? I thought you said WEAST!!

So they exit the treasury, and i make the mistake of saying 'So, where to now' to the party. I mean there's only one path right? Go south, towards the rest of the story-

"Actually let's go back to that door we couldn't open at the start!"

Oh god.

Oh god no what have I done.

I tried... Setting off the traps. That didn't deter them.

I tried... Having Bronk slip and step on the quakemaker from earlier,, collapsing the tunnel. That didn't work, they rolled a 20 on evasion. What the hell, dice.

And I tried to stop them by the door just being TOO DAMN BIG to move- Aaaaaaaaaand Bronk got a 19 on it.

So here I am, slamming my head into the desk because there's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ANYTHING THERE. They were essentially trying to bash through the backdrop and walk out into the backstage of the set. I was gonna say NNNNO, THAT JUST DOESNT WORK... But. What are you gonna do, I didn't wanna displease these guys. So.... I made something up.

Y'know how usually in Zarlin, after the robot fight, the players would go south into that room with the bookshelf and the gemling, and get fruit thrown at them by Rosebud? Well, first off, no rosebud in this version, I felt that with the upcoming promise of gender-changing laser robots, sharks that can noclip, and ten story tall warmachines, a talking bear that sells fruit might be a little much for these guys. So, I replaced them...

They knock down that huge ass door in the first hallway - And who comes slowly stepping out from the northmost of the two rooms back there, than Cherrybomb - A bespectacled kobold fruitseller/war profiteer.

Dressed in naught but a bath robe, slippers, and holding a coffee. He looks over his shoulder, breaks the fourth wall and states 'I'm pretty sure we were supposed to meet somewhere else in this campaign.'

I figured okay, we can do the selling thing here! NO big deal- Then Porcio jumped up and tried to eat him.

Long story short, the irate elemech never showed up, there was a big thing of the group trying to bash down the door of Cherrybomb's digs, there were some charisma checks to stop Porcio from cannibalising the Kobold, and the group walked away with a free rotten apple each, and an explaination as to the stun mechanic they provided. I figured that was their reward for completely taking me for a ride, and getting such good rolls - They didn't need the mechanic to be obscured.

4. NOW they're going the right path.

Since they had a 'monstrous' tile porc on their side, I let them take the second of the two paths heading down towards the second half of hte dungeon. The one that the crew didnt take - With the big boulder? Hugeboi just smashed the boulder away. They also passed Jeff the Elemech on the way down, who I had written up a big dialogue thing for explaining why they wanted the fruit blah dee blah dee blah- Point is this was Jeff's momentary cameo before the group got into the 'archive' room, to find the gemling.

During this time, both Porcio and Christian tried to loot the beenu skeletons. Both of the beenu skeleton heads fell off and dealt 1 damage to each of them because they both got like sub-3 rolls on the investigation. (And Christian was asking for it with how snarky she was being about the porc 'being careless'.)

I also gave them another legendary roll because I was feeling nice. Nobody got a 20.

5. The Transverse arena

So this was the part I was looking forwards to. None of them knew what was going to happen, nobody was prepared for the transverse robots. The reaction to them hoever was honestly much the same as the group. Abilities got replaced, treasures were lost, and Christian, who was feeling a lot like Morganna Marie from the guys run, was highly upset not at a gender change but at a race change. She must have gone through three race switches before it occured to someone to use an apple and stun the robot. 

So yeah. After that, Christian is a dwelf.
    They probably dispatched the robots a bit too quickly, so, I'll have to take that into account for whatever the campaign is that i do next.

Now at this point, one of our players said that he had work in the morning so, we had to either pause or finish up in the next little while. I figured, whatever, there isnt a whole ton left, and to be honest - The Glamorshark and Gorgon thing felt really out of place in the original run - So I decided to just skip past it and head on to the Warmachine encounter.

I gave them their final legendary roll - And Christian got a 20.

Petal Pathway felt like the ability they were most excited to make use of during character creations, in addition to it having been their means of escape from the Barringsters, so. I felt it was natural that thier legendary be an upgraded Petal Pathway.

So yeah, the same thing happens. They find the chasm, they see what looks like Cherrybomb's home on the far side of the pit (Evidenced by the massive iron door laying against the wall), and they start preparing ways to get across. What do they settle on?

Using the Lotuswalk ability to hop across the chasm! Excellent!

...One problem.

6. The Final Encounter

The Beenu Warmachine rose up - In all of his Yellow-Orange-Red glory. About the same time, Raynel and Cherrybomb appeared on the far side, looking on in horror as the killer robot appeared.

But before this thing could even strike, Christian launched herself across to the other side with lotuswalk, and used the bonus action to fire off her apple, stunning the thing long enough for everyone to hop across the path of petals and start making a mad dash for the exit.

Now given that the official run of Zarlin had the fight against hte warmachine take place in the statue room, I took their fleeing as a chance to enjoy some artistic liberties with the mechanics and, indeed, the limitations of the warmachines movement.

The fight spilled out into Cherrybomb's lobby, into the first hall, and into the entrance room, where the Warmachine continuously destroyed the structure around him, while fighting against Bronk, Porcio, Bruf, Raynel, and Cherrybomb.

Why didn't I say fighting Christian as well? Because Christian decided to take my earlier warnings to heart about your character not nessecarily having to survive, or even win this campaign for the story to finish - And warped out using Lotuswalk. By the time the others caught up to the entrance hall, Warmachine had smashed down the walls, broken part of the floor, and was now leaning into the room, preventing safe egress to the surface.

The fighting is fierce, spells going off, attacks being made- Cherrybomb being squished beneath the warmachines hand. It was a pretty epic fight, though again, admittedly, it didn't last nearly long enough for my tastes.

There was however a very surprising occurrence...

Bronk pulled out one of his treaures to try and get a hit on the yellow hand - A convoluted composite crossbow... ANd he got a critical fail. The shot instead hit the person between him and the hand. I went to do the damage calculation, and realized *after* I had said it what I had done.

Porcio.

He only had 37 maximum stamina.

The crossbow does 99 damage.

Oooooh boy.

One brutal death roll later, and I proceed to describe the horrifying sight of Porcio spiralling out into the darkness of the chasm, carried by a 3 foot long metal spike impaled through his leg. Halfway over the chasm, his bag opens, and the pot puppy from the treasury room slides out, looking back to the group with silent disapproval, and waving its tiny adorable paw... While Porcio gets skewered and hangs from the far, FAR wall of the chasm, hundreds of feet away.

Bronk promptly discarded the crossbow, too little too late.

The fight continues, they go through the mechanics, the beams come out, start dealing damage, but it's not enough to deter them. They eventually manage to stun and defeat the warmachine, and it falls back into the chasm.

As a bit of a post credit scenes, I pointed out to people that when Porcio rolled his porc companion passives, one that he got was the Arcane Spirit - meaning that should he die, he'd be reborn as an earth spirit.

So earth spirit Porcio is floating along, happy as larry, and is promptly smushed by the falling warmachine.

What has come of all this? Well, Bruf, Raynel, and Christian have survived the Zarlin Catacombs - And Bronk not only has survived, but will live on in a future campaign as a boss fight!

All in all, it was a lot of fun. They managed to mess me up repeatedly on what I had planned out, and so the story didn't go at all as I was anticipating. But, I loved every minute of it - And they all say they had a lot of fun too, and are eager to have another campaign of Urealms at some point in the future.

DM's Ramblings - The future for my campaigns?

I'm taking what they used to do in the shows to heart. The idea that if it's involved in a game, it becomes canon - Well for my own campaigns, they've got their own growing canon to build on the canon of Urealms (Such as there are apparently a species of Seagull that live exclusively in caves), and this goes all the way back to one of my older campaigns. Some of you that know me here know that I've made a few customs in the past, and that most of them took place before the official mod was released - There were four that I had done.

The first was a basic adventure that involved the introduction of a villain.

The second was further establishment of the villains plans and the growing of her armies.

The third took place apart from them, but introduced a creature in an abyss at the bottom of the ocean, that was awoken and started to consume the world (Murderer at Sea)

And then the final campaign was going to bridge the unofficial mod mechanics, whch I believe were from season 2, to the official release of the mod for season 3. I called it the Exodus - A magical rift had been opened up by Qintara Lotus, to let the surviving mortals hop from this world to the next - Not in body, but in consciousness. Whoever walks through this portal would appear in a new world, untouched by the sea beasts reign, in the body of someone who was already there, but with full knowledge of the Sea Beast and what it could do to the world.

Those who made it through in that campaign were a number of NPCs and player characters from the first three campaigns - As well as the villain and her associate henchman.

I planned to just jump into the deep end and play through Murderer at Sea properly with the guys... But now that I think about it - Maybe it's time to bring back the cast and use them as a way to give a new set of characters a purpose. To eventually go under the sea and fight this devil-god of the abyss.

Well. It's a thought. I'll post more on the forums if I do anything with it.
  • Awesome read! It sound like you did a great job interpreting the dice rolls and the custom legendaries were cool as well. I hope you continue posting your future campaigns.
  • edited June 12
    OH, also - Just so you get to know what i had set up for the other legendaries...

Porcio's legendary was based off of his previous character in a dnd-like game we had been playing before this. His character was a sort of cyborg priest of a mechanical god known as the Singularity - And near the end of the game, he obtained a weapon that was representative of the gods desire to sacrifice living flesh in exchange for power. This felt appropriate because much like the Porcio of this game, his other character was a ravenous cannibal, and when he died, he came back in another body a short time later. These parallels came out of RNG in character creation, it was not planned at all - So I felt I had to roll with this continuing comparison.

Bruf's legendary was a replacement cornerstone that would override his 'Lost' cornerstone. As it goes, Bruf wasn't really a kobold at all. He was a gnome wizard out of Abracadab, a genius of multiple schools of magic, but then a rival magician family with some very deep pockets decided they wanted to get rid of him. To keep his knowledge and himself safe, he transformed himself into a kobold, sealed away his memories, and fled Abracadab. If he got this legendary, then it'd mean that the mind-seal spell finally wore off.
  • It's thursday! It's game night! Another story is about to take place - The first of my proper tales! Let's pray things go well... Recap to follow!

• So the game just finished. I am exhausted right now. They lit a -lot of stuff- on fire, and revived a character who died in Zarlin, Porcio, back to life using the bloody goblet of mysteries...

This is gonna take me a few days to work through and post a synopsis of.
  • So.

In the interest of getting my old prime storyline in center focus, I'm running a series of campaigns revolving around characters being chosen by the 'remnants' of the characters who survived my Exodus Rift campaign - Which was done to signify the change from the unofficial season 2 build of the game to the official season 3 build. Ten characters will be finding new 'host' bodies for their knowledge and ambitions.

And each one has its own campaign to get them started in the new world.

This campaign - Red Frost - follows the fate of my old primary antagonist, Lokeeda, Mistress of the Cult of the Iron Sky. Each one of these campaigns is gonna follow the same basic layout. The main character (The host) will be in the middle of an even that goes awry, in which their own personality, abilities, or equipment are not sufficient to properly deal with what they're up against. Then, they fuse with the remnant of the other character, unlock abilities, as well as a knowledge of what happened in the other world.

The main character will then be faced with three veiled options.

A. They ignore the call to action the memories of the apocalypse bring, and focus on their own situation.
    B. They follow the call to action and abandon their current situation and allow any consequences to play out.
    C. They find a way to take advantage of the situation, giving them a leg up, and possibly allies in the coming trials of preventing another apocalypse.

So with that out of the way.

Red Frost
    Three characters.
    We've got Tasha Vallingstein, elf female cabalist, the daughter of a pair of national heroes. She's been raised rich, but she's still smart enough to smell when something is fishy.
    Next up is Tasha's friend, the mischevious gnome female wizard, Pixie 'Rooster' Manche. She talks to her skull staff a lot. She might be crazy, but, for some reason Tasha trusts her.
    Lastly we have a soldier of the nation, the male elf swashbuckler, Felix Dewshadow. A guardsman of A'talar.

On that note, let's talk setting.

The campaign took place on the southernmost border of the massive empire of A'talar, overlooking the frozen southern wildlands of Fjolren. A'talar's expansion in all directions has been ceaseless, if slow, and for over a decade now, Fjolren has been cornered into their land, with no way to travel north except to go through A'talar - And given that most of the Fjolri are the beast races or lesser races like porcs, kobolds, gnolls, and goblins, they don't usually last long in the A'talar empire.

The people of A'talar really don't look kindly anyone who isn't an elf. And they only really tolerate dwarves, and gnomes.

Along this border is one of A'talars many forts, which is currently hosting two national heroes, their daughter, as well as one of A'talar's high councilors, Tucker Bergan, the military mastermind of the empire.

It's something of a rally to inspire border settlements to throw their lot in with the military and help to stock the forts with soldiers. But midway through Bergan's speech to the crowd, the wind picks up, a snowstorm rolls in, and Felix spots too many figures on the wall for the schedule. No sooner does he notice this...

...Than the entire fort is besieged by the enraged Fjolri natives.

Almost on que, Bergan, and Tasha's parents retreat into the large chapel built into the southeastern wall. One of the guard captains instructs Felix to protect Tasha, then goes off with the other guards to evacuate the nobles, all of whom but one leaves- A dwarf who was deep in his cups, and, somehow, managed to survive the entire siege while drunk off his ass, and as such will be returning for a future campaign.

The enemies are more dangerous this time than the ones I brought in for Zarlin 2.0. Higher health, more unpredictable abilities, and in greater numbers. However, they didn't have fancy puzzle mechanics like Zarlin enemies did, so the first encounter went by quite quickly.

Rather than going after her parents, Tasha chose to assist the troops on the wall, and rushed off ahead up the stairs to a watch tower that would lead to the conflicts. The door was blocked.

So. Rooster stepped up and arcane-beamed the door, managing to in the process vaporize one of the friendly NPCs inside the room, and gravely injure the other. Again, I thought that the enemies were gonna be enough to prove a challenge, but, what I was not anticipating is Felix's ongoing relationship with nat 20's - Specifically while using what wound up being his favored ability, the Old Handcannon.

Twice during the second encounter, and then again on the third encounter, he got critical hits that resulted in him blasting enemies out of the map with a hyper knockback, leaving looney-toons style silhouette shaped holes in the walls. But in addition to this, a fire broke out inside the tower - Where some of the fort's artillery ordnance was being kept. It seemed like the fire was gonna stay contained.

Then Felix used Swish Swash to drop a keg, which started leaking after a stray arrow went through its shell, and the flamable booze started splashing out across the floor.

A quick legendary roll later, and Tasha wound up getting her personal legendary.

In hindsight, this was very underpowered compared to the other players personal legendaries, and although having a garunteed 15 damage a turn output plus a 1 in 4 chance of getting a stun was helpful, it was underwhelming compared to the god-tier level personal legendaries I had set up for the other two characters.

Now - I'd like to take a moment here to point out that this was a very legendary heavy campaign. Not nessecarily in that players got their personals, but that a lot of attention was paid to both the aquisition of legendaries, as well as legendaries that the players started off with. Felix started out with the legendary spell 'Soulattire' which he can pretty much use to end a fight by turning his target into a piece of clothing and gaining their skills.

And then Pixie had not one, but two legendaries to start off with that she got out of some crazy RNG during creation. First off, Siggneos, the spell of multiplication. Add that to the fact that she was a wizard, and you understand how frightening this prospect was. Then, Pixie purchased the Bloody Goblet of Mysteries and, believe me, I think she spent more actions looking into the goblet than she did actually attacking. The reason? Pixie wanted to revive a character that the player knew was dead - Porcio, from the Zarlin campaign. Lots of failed rolls, but only 1 failure that mattered.

See, Pixie had made mention of the idea of using siggneos to multiply the spell 'Enlarge'. Seeing as how in our last campaign we had a 4x4 tile size Porc, I was all in on outdoing that this time. And just as they promised they would, Pixie tried casting it at the end of the second encounter in the tower, where the players were faced down with a fairly dangerous set of melee fighters. 

Pixie rolled a 1. And so she spent the rest of this encounter, as well as the next encounter after this as a 0.7 inch tall micrognome sitting inside the goblet of mysteries, which was then carried by Tasha.

Around the third encounter, too, the booze from the barrel bridged the gap between fire and ammunition, and the entire tower exploded in a fireball, dealing massive damage to both the players and the enemies.

Not much happened between then and the final encounter. Two more minor skirmishes, Pixie found out that she could just cast regular enlarge on herself to try and grow back to a relatively functional size, although she had a lot of trouble actually casting the damn thing properly.

Also Pixie broke one of the Trebu-Cata-balli-wachas on the wall. The entire joke of these wierdly designed siege weapon is that they all looked 'almost like a familiar siege weapon but not quite like another' and nobody there would know how to use the damn things. So, that was fun.

Oh, and, Felix dropped one of his kegs over the ledge, it lit on fire, rolled down the hill, and caught the nearby forest that the Fjolri were pouring out of on fire. Well done, sir.

Now the party eventually makes it into the great hall, they enter in unnoticed due to the general madness going on around them. So, Mother, Father, and Bergan don't recognize that they're not alone anymore - Their conversation continues, and the bomb is dropped.

As it turns out, Tasha's parents were not in the room. Infact, they had been dead for some years. The government of A'talar, you see, is content the nation being 'collectivist' in its organization. No one tries to outdo the other, they just work in their little slots for the sake of efficency. But this all changed about 20 years ago when the ageless started hitting the shores from Deadlantis, and people were forced to defend otherwise undefended areas on their own - Giving rise to the concept of 'Heroes'.

But heroes inspired people. It made them unpredictable, and inefficient - So the high councilors set about trying to transform these heroes of the people into icons of the government. Most of them were pretty easy, but Tasha's family proved resistant - So a little situation was set up to get rid of the actual heroes, and replace them with disguised imposters, trying to both create the image that these heroes also now submitted to the government like good little drones, while also trying to raise Tasha to be a less recognizable face in the empire.

The plan was that tonight, they'd shock their own populace and further support their own invasion of Fjolren, by staging the 'death' of the heroes, as well as the very real death of Tasha. The Fjolren killing these three people would bring more support to the military, the people would want revenge for their heroes dying!

While all this information is being learned, Tasha's getting angrier. And there's like another voice in her head, telling her that she -should- be angry. That she should take revenge.

Lokeeda, the spirit, had merged with her. And she was telling her to take vengance, and give herself over in her entirety to the influence of the cultist.

She gains access to one of her locked off abilities, Lascene, which she uses to pretty much throw Bergan in a nearby firepit, while she takes his place in front of her 'parents'. Fighting broke out, Pixie managed to get her crit for the goblet, summoning Porcio back to the world - ANd thankfully, his player was on hand to join in, so suddenly the 3-man group turned into a 4-man group. Pixie also manages to finally succeed at using enlrage, choses Porcio as the target, and Porcio, being a cannibal, bites father's head off in the scuffle.

They're about to all face off against Tucker Bergan, swords are drawn, spells are readied, and Tucker charges forwards... Only for him to suddenly poof out of existance and be replaced by a golden helmet.

Felix opened the fight by using Soulattire, turning the military leader of A'talar into a piece of headgear, which gives him access to Divinity Slash.

Now here's the other thing - On the goblet card, it says that ressurecting someone is 'breaking the rules of the game'. And you know what that sounds like to me? Sin of the Unforgotten, and insanity that comes from the sudden realization of the fourth wall and all that was past it. Pixie tried to convince the others of some of this information, she was shushed for it - But it did allow her to listen in to the things I said to the players out of character, allowing her to warn the party that they weren't done here yet.

Out of the woods, leaping into the center of the fortress courtyard, was one of the leaders of the Fjolri - One of their legendary Wild Gods, divine beings that keep the balance of magic, nature, and civilization in the wastes of Fjolren. This one was very much a foil to Tucker Bergan - A war leader. Garfoul the Vengeful.

Porcio, now alive, decides now is the time to beat feet. He thanks the group for their help, breaks a window, climbs out and says that if any of them wanna find him again, he's headed for New Porc City.

The remaining group weighed their options. Through a bit more fourth wall breaking, they learned that Felix's new hat actually gave him an ability that could possibly fight of Garfoul - Tucker Bergan's Divinity Slash. But through this as well, I had Tasha take a roll to try and resist the influence of the raging spirit, and she was able to cast Lokeeda out.  In that same moment, the memories of the Exodus Rift, the cult of the Iron Sky, and the rise of the Beast and the end of the world all came flooding into her mind. But, she was at least in control again - Clear of corruption.

With her mind focused, Tasha exited the chapel, laid down her arms, and explained all that had transpired.

Now, Garfoul might be a god of vengence, but that means he understands it better than most. He sees someone before him who's been broken by betrayal and deceit. He sees someone who has already dispatched the very fiend he sought to destroy. And he knows that she won't be able to return to A'talar herself. He offers her the chance to take vengance against the corruption by siding with him and his 'pack'. The group departed from the fort soon after, Pixie did however rush out and track down Porcio, and invite him to follow the group as well, so SOMEHOW.

THE TAKEAWAY.

THREE PEOPLE WENT IN... and we had -four- survivors of the campaign.

Lokeeda's spirit was expelled, but quickly found another host in one of the Fjolri troops who's kin had been slain in the attack. So, Lokeeda is also on the loose now, and the players have no way of knowing where she is, or what she's doing.

The dwarf I mentioned earlier returned to A'talar with news of the fate of the heroes, Tucker Bergan, and Tasha. So, Bergan's plan goes ahead unhindered - A'talar as a nation will soon rise up and present a unified crushing force to try and destroy Fjolren and all those who ally with it.

Porcio and Pixie were offered passage across 'The Leap', the dangerous sea that seperates this continent, and the one that 'prime canon' stories and locations are on (Anything from official urealms). Next time we see them, they'll probably be in New Port City.

Meanwhile, Tasha and Felix (of which there appears to be a budding relationship between) stayed with the Fjolri, and are now taking refuge in a place called 'The Land that Sky Forgot' - A huge steampunk fortress city, home of the technologically advanced Snobolds (Visually, think the Fluffbolds that Sixelona drew), which is located in a cave under a crawling ice sheet. Depending on what Tasha's player decides, they may stay there to try and fight back against A'talar, or they'll depart north and try to track down others who know of the Beast, and the coming apocalypse.

WELL THAT WAS A LOT OF TEXT.

Next campaign on the list is involving the second of the two antagonist spirits - Lokeeda's lieutenant, Strone, who will be possessing the body of Bronk, the super-massive black boar from the zarlin campaign. The plan is for it to be a campaign that takes place on the 'mainland' with Bronk leading a group of mercenaries to clear out a fishing village that's been taken over by the ageless.

It's gonna be very silly compared to the stuff that took place in this campaign.
  • Oh, and, because I forgot to mention it, the legendaries that the others would've gotten - I'm adding in mechanics where if certain conditions are met, then the players will automatically recieve their legendaries.

Felix's legendary was the A'talar Councilor's Regalia - If he had found it with his legendary roll, he'd recognize it as Tucker Bergan's legendary armor, and stolen it, depriving Bergan of certain stats in his encounter. The secret condition was pretty simple - Kill Bergan.

However, Bergan was turned into a hat, so this legendary never appeared, and sadly, never will.

Pixie's legendary was based off of their player's desire to use Siggneos on Enlarge, and that was the condition for getting it - If they successfully pulled off that move, they wouldn't have gotten stacking enlarges like I said, but rather, would've lost their Ytt Transfersing Armor, and gained this card in its place, allowing them to pretty much shapeshift into monsters, or even just being a super giant gnome, at will, which I intended to have as pretty important point since they were about to fight a god.

Tasha's legendary was supposed to be earned when she accidentally breaks her crystal ball weapon, which shatters upon meleeing with it. Instead, it'd just crack, and turn into the earlier linked Ferrous Ward. My idea was that since this character was going to be posessed by Lokeeda, and she's the iron sky lady, having a sentient ball of iron following you around felt thematic, and i wanted it to be 'upgradable' as missions went by, with each encounter with Lokeeda having a stronger and stronger Ferrous Ward to contend with, but - It wound up just being a fairly underwhelming legendary.

In addition to all this, I gave Porcio -one- legendary roll to try and earn the one he didn't get in Zarlin, the Staff of Singar'lar-tee, which I showed off in the first campaign rundown. And wouldn't you know it, he got it and didn't even get to fight with it - It just means that when we revisit Porcio, he's gonna have access to the staff.

Anyways. Uh... Yeah. Everyone involved seemed to love the campaign, and I've already got some volunteers from my group for the next campaign. Eager to see where it goes.
  • Another great read!
  • edited July 27
    So in addition to my current campaign, which I'm not gonna spoil on the off chance one of my players comes to read this (its gonna be a funny one), i've been bumping around various ideas for future campaigns - And one that i've thrown out to the guys and they seem receptive to?

An all Nisovin campaign taking place on the isle of Nisovale, where I'm saying this mythical Nisovin-City is. Everyone gets a bunch of random legendaries, everyone has a super overpowering personality trait to make each Nisovin unique, and we fight some absurd strong bosses for chaotic fun times.

...ALSO. Just finished rolling up the returning character sheet for 'Bronk' in this next campaign.

He got chivalry pledge.
    And Midas fists.

HE HAS ALMOST 700 HEALTH AND WILL DEAL THAT MUCH EACH TIME HE CRITS WITH A BASIC ATTACK.
  • Got something to show off. Tokens i've created for my upcoming campaign, which is now in the final stages of prep.

One of them has Dwayne Johnson's face superimposed over the head.

For reasons.
  • Those are glorious tiles

• Bit of a sidething but, I'm panicking about prime story campaign 2 happening in the next like, week, so I'm posting random stuff to try and calm myself down.

In my ravings to my friends about the future of the campaigns, I've been taking random inspiration (mostly from late night shows and youtube) and been leaving ideas for enemies, storylines, and for those little fun bits of 'wierd canon' that Urealms has, that I will later involve in my campaigns.

I'd like to share some.

Depression pizza - Made by the elves to poison their enemies with a delicious looking gift that leaves one feeling worn out and sad.
    The O'bannar - A race of rabbit-like warmongers who are all very small, but are played as groups of 1 to 3 characters representing siblings.
    A two-headed porc cabalist/warrior who is his own worst enemy - One head is Darth Vader, the other is Kronk from emperor's new groove.
    The Gun Dragon - A dragon that sits on a hoard not of gold, but of firearms. No, it can't use them, it's a dragon. It can, however, and will, explain to you the exact details of each individual firearms uses and manufacturing dates, and this obsession with detail will play into defeating the dragon.
    Which is otherwise just a normal dragon.
    Windex Chuckroast - A dwarf parody of Winston Churchill.
    Mouse-land - To end the hat-rat war in Abracadab, the council of YES banished 98% of Abracadab's hat rat population to an upside-down like parallel universe. Though the north was saved, the Hat-rats have not died, and have infact, made a palette-swapped disney-land looking magical kingdom that is waiting to re-invade the main universe, on the exact spot of the capital of Abracadab, Kadabridelle.