Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Australian Community Members?

Hey! Been playing a few games of Urealms but it's always awkward because of the timezones. Wanted to know how many other Australian members of this community there were, sometimes I feel like the only one, heh.

Comments

• Hello, I am a fellow Aussie. Yeah games are hard to play sometimes but they are so worth it.
  • edited June 2017
    I guess I've been holding off on buying the tabletop simulator until the mod comes out. Now that it's out I gotta go to EB games to buy Steam voutchers. Haven't really tried looking for a game yet.

Also fucking Kiwis. I stayed up till 3:30 in the morning, waiting till the first stream started. AND THEN THEY HAVE TO SHOW with their "It's 5:30 am over here". Like, I am trying to brag about how committed I am to watching the show so early in the morning, and then they show up in their fancy island that exists 2 hours into the future.

Man, I gotta save for a less angry avatar. I just wanted the goatee.

edit: Also it looks like this thread may be in the wrong category since most of y'all are talking about the game and not the show.
  • Australian reporting for duty.
  • edited June 2017
    I dont find it too awkward, a normal sleep schedule is in sync with the US hardcore gamer sleep schedule of going to 3am in the morning so I can always play with them.

Streams are a slight problem though but nothing going to bed early on Saturday cant fix.
  • edited June 2017
    For last New Years stream I ended up buying two seperate six-packs of Strongbow Applecider. I fell asleep an hour before the stream started. When I woke up, I thought to myself "No biggy. I'll just get drunk on the vod".

*Sigh* I guess it's only fitting that my Strongbow go to my drunken son, and that sad ranger lady.

edit: For posterity's sake, I don't actually have a son, and I'm just making a joke on my avatar... which is Michael Langstrom at the time.
  • edited June 2017
    *Raises hand* :3 Hoi hoi  :)

Edit: I've been wanting to play a game of URealms, but I haven't found anyone to play with, not that I've tried very hard. Much love <3
  • Australian here.
  • Australian here too.
  • last time i checked i was an Aussie, bit more of a westie (sydney that is)
  • Woo, gotta love the commitment of getting up at 3am :dank: 
  • @Sixfeatunder
    Wait, You mean *yawn*, you actually *Yodels^ like an Indian* get up at 3 am? Shizzle, here I've been relying on *yawn/stretch*, my insomnia to get me through the first hour and a *ow my jaw from stretching* - hour and a half of the programme

^Or whatever you call it when you put your hand off an on your mouth while sounds come out.

Also, now that's a really dank emoji. The epitomophy or pitame, or-whatever, of dankyness.
  • You Aussies must be really committed. Not only do you have to stay up late as hell to view Urealms, but you also live in The Land of Death
  • @AlternateWraph Yeah i have an early night going to bed at like 9 get some decent sleep then get up at 3am and watch the campaign with breakfast.
  • @Sixfeatunder I always try to go to sleep early for Urealms but it never works out, so most of the time I watch 50-75% of the campaign, go to sleep and finish on the vod.
  • The show starts at 1am for me so I'd have to stay up the whole night watching it. I just watch the VODS in the morning and have a nice lazy Sunday
  • Fun fact: Aussies make up around 2% of the fanbase.
  • @Rob whats that in people?
  • @Vongeo About 3000 people, going by his 150k subscribers.
  • Gday, another Aussie here *tips corked hat while sculling a VB*
  • I guess I'm who you would call an "Aussie", to solve timezone issues, have you thought about getting a campaign together with other Australians?