Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

What is your favorite scene from the show?

The title says is it all. Whether it be epic, funny, sad or emotional scene. Please tell me yours!

Mine would be the end sequence of The Purge from when Lance turns into an ageless to when Percy just goes buck wild against Bopen. Both of them are such character defining moments, I just love them.

Comments

• The final scene from the silvermine mountains where Kallark is trying to save Gwenyth
  • I'd say the Bopen introduction animation is incredible. I showed my friend, who had never heard of URealms, and showed it to him. He fell in love and has now watched through S1 and part of S2, its awesome!
  • Season 2 ending. Bopen revealed as an unkillable being. Taking the skull of the grandpaladin virgo sunsword. The entire animatic. So hype. Massively exceeding my expectations I had for the show. I thought that was the most awesome thing I may have ever seen. And it might of been.

off topic a bit. I really don’t like the end of the purge. A random gnome smashes virgos skull for no reason. A nobody Taking away bopen’s greatest sign of power thus far. Very disrespectful to bopen’s achievement and belittles the season 2 ending.
    though lance turning ageless was incredibly interesting and I can’t wait to see what happens to him.
  • off topic a bit. I really don’t like the end of the purge. A random gnome smashes virgos skull for no reason. A nobody Taking away bopen’s greatest sign of power thus far. Very disrespectful to bopen’s achievement and belittles the season 2 ending.

@kreeperkiller63

I feel pretty much the exact opposite about that scene with Percy. The motivation feels justified, he was upset about his mom dying and didn't want to join Bopen either. Bopen hadn't helped any of them with that encounter, he just walked in after they killed Lance, offering them a place in his ranks. So it's understandable that Percy didn't want to join him, he didn't owe Bopen anything. He just attacked Bopen with his Legendary weapon as revenge for Bopen killing him first.

So it's justified, but does that mean it makes sense? Does it take away some merit of the story? No. I feel like it adds to it Quite a lot. Bopen has, what I like to call, bullshit plot power immunities that aren't really fair. To me, it's fitting that a player took away something cool that an NPC was always meant to get. No matter how well or bad the players fought or how much the audience donated in the Skeleton King finale, Bopen was always meant to get Virgo's Skull. So seeing Virgo's skull, the one "cool" thing Bopen had "earned", get broken in such an unplanned manner, forcing him to take a teenager giant keen peasant skull instead, is insanely satisfying.

I get that Rawb needs to have some control over the show to make sure the Donation events can go off, otherwise it'll just be a lot of work from the animators that get wasted. But it's a lot more exciting to see an event unfold from a dice being rolled a 20 and then explained by Rawb on the fly rather than just seeing something happen because it was pre-written like that.

• Band of Thieves (S1E1) will always hold a special place in my heart. I both enjoyed Philhipe joining the party because it was SO unexpected and it showed that random NPCs could join the group, which was unheard of iirc. The second would be Deadbones later betraying his group in his disguise, because again, it showed that the players could go anti-party which was a curve ball, and I loved that. The more serious parts of the lore don't interest me too much besides the sins of the unforgotten.
  • edited March 16
    Den of Devils 
    Duke Daring saving Lunk from Michael Langstrom kicking him into the lava while shouting his signature catchphrase I found Duke Daring to be one of my all time favorite characters after Deadbones fleshed him out from more than just an NPC.
    edit: Still waiting for that avatar