Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Just... Keep doin your thing, Rob. We love you. Please lock this thread.

2»

Comments

• @Viizko Nope, just your friendly neighborhood username, here!

but i wish i were rob and had all dat talent and amazing game-making skills
  • i can see that being annoying, @brownhair798 ;
  • edited June 2017
    <Message removed because Brown realizes he sounds like a dick.>
  • edited June 2017
    So as of 11:00 PM EST on May 25th, what is to my knowledge the final game of the season 2 rules to ever be played before the release of season 3 was concluded. The girlfriend and I gathered up a party of no less than 19 characters that we either had played as, or interacted with over the past 4 campaigns (Kobold Kontraptions, The Brightstone Caper, The Story So Far of Solomon Parr, and Murderer at Sea) and had them all team up for one final challenge - Getting past the Cult of the Iron Sky, defeating their leader, Lokeeda, all while trying to stay safe from 'The Beast', an old-god-esque entity that was destroying the world as the heroes made their way towards their goal - The Exodus Rift. A portal to another dimension (Aka, a switch to season 3 rules and mechanics) that would transfer not their bodies, but their skill, memories, and personalities, to merge with those of their counterparts on the other side.

During this, the heroes learned two things - Lokeeda had been brainwashing refugees before sending them through the rift, ensuring that when she went through, she would already have an army of Iron Sky Cultists at her command, waiting to be called upon, to allow her to try to take over the world. And worse yet, that it was only a matter of time before the Beast itself was going to break through into this new reality, and start the apocalypse all over again.

Ten characters survived the final battle (Not including Lokeeda and her lieutenant, Strone). We used the cornerstone randomizer on the website to figure out what sort of life each alternate reality counterpart would've had before recieving the merged conciousness. The results are interesting.

Leilah, a kobold berserker who was tricked into freeing Strone from Brightstone almost ten years prior to the Exodus Rift, awakes as a sister to a butcher in a decent sized village.

Xavier 'Itchy' Ichinowzki, a goblin huntsman and former mayor of a small village in the Rockthorn mountains, awakes as a strongman in a travelling circus. (How i'm going to translate a goblin character from S2 to S3 is up in the air, but, current idea is to use an Elf for his race and just have him be a goblin)

Sally, a dwarf orphan discovered by Gabble the Courageous (Who died during this campaign), awakes as a street rat, and outlaw in one of the major cities in the northern regions.

Alai the Seeress, former guide to Xavier and his town, awakes to find that in this world, she has never lost her sight to her ancient vision ritual, but discovers herself in a foreign land, living among strange creatures.

C'aarn, who was the romantic interest of Leilah, and also a kobold theurgist, awakens after a long meditation at a religious temple in the mountains.

Chief Kallitar, who was once the guard captain of Brightstone, discovers her new life to be that of a roving barbarian and bandit, eager for battle.

Stanislaf Smearnog, pit fighter born near Abracadab, thankfully finds himself somewhere familiar - In one of the magical research institutes within Abracadab itself.

Genevieve, porcish enchanter and friend of Xavier, awakens with broken manacles on her wrist - As it goes, until a few days ago, she was a slave, and has recently escaped.

A guardsman under Kallitar's command who survived wakes to find himself in a mansion, where his family fortune surrounds him.

And lastly, the gnomish investigator hired by the Sorcerian Cor to uncover the disturbance at Seawatch, Gwendolyn Gablast (Or 'GG') discovers that her new life has been bereft of combat - Her family are theatre folk. Actors, playwrights, and musicians.

Why is all this significant? Because I hope to write stories around these ten survivors. They alone have knowledge of Lokeedas plan, and the threat of the Beast - And must find eachother, stop Lokeeda, and rally the world before The Beast arrives. And... As it stands?

None of them have any idea where the others are. And the world is pretty big.
  • Sounds like a pretty good time man cant wait as well
  • edited June 2017
  • yeah I didn't think it be out the next day but still its hard to be patient and wait
  • Get a chess board and use the character creator here
  • edited June 2017
  • it's so close i can almost taste it licks screen
  • we can only hope it really does come tomorrow
  • edited June 2017
  • I should pay more attention. But he still has a few hours for today so maybe it will happen.
  • edited June 2017
  • wait if Rob is actually gonna change defeated to "in danger" does that mean that every single tile had to be redone like that? oh god maybe thats why it took so long
  • edited June 2017
  • @Flavor_Town_Reloaded the tiles use a fan made mod to have the overlays of poisoned/burned/etc. The majority of Rawb's job on the mod is: typos, renaming things, rules, and putting the mod together itself. 
  • @Traitor where is it stated anywhere that the tiles use a fan made mod? unless you just mean the fact that they're objects with different states?
  • edited June 2017
    @Flavor_Town_Reloaded wait nvm I clearly don't know what I am talking about. However changing the tiles shouldn't be hindering him in the process of the mod.
  • edited June 2017
  • @brownhair798 ... yup that's Rob xD
  • In his patreon Rob said the first fan game would be Saturday so unless he is just giving the mod to the people who won it would seem likely that it will come out before Saturday.  
  • edited June 2017
  • edited June 2017
    I just want to apologize.

i'm... i'm gonna go. I'm sorry guys. Sorry I act like an entitled prick.
  • unless you're Mortalbound on twitter, Rob's not mad at you. that's what his rant was about.
  • @brownhair798 you have some serious excitement problems don't ya? Its cool just breath man, why don't you help with the dick thread in the meantime? We need someone as headstrong over there... Were currently talking about honey cum and I'm not sure why