Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

What Do You Call The Yellow Part of a Banana?

2»

Comments

• @PoppyrusRose ;
    the gross bitter stringy parts that get stuck in your teeth? :wtfporc: 
  • edited March 2018
    @Ozoner I dunno what starchy bananns you've been eating :ew:, but the string on mine doesn't get stuck; its just another edible part of the banana :peace: 
    im love that rufio emote, btw
  • I think of it as a complex noun. When the yellow part is on its own, it is a 'peel' in my head, since it has been peeled off of the banana. However, when being referred to in the context of the entire fruit, calling it a 'skin' makes sense, though I still tend to default to 'peel' due to being raised in America.

Never heard 'shell' though, and I agree with what a lot of people have said already: to me, 'shell' implies that the casing is hard, or at the very least rigid.
  • Its 1 in the morning but here goes. The fruit is a banana and it has a thick peel, but nobody ever calls it a peel until its been peeled. So you peel a banana and discard the peel. Peeling a peel is like saying ill be brb or in irl. 
  • edited July 2019
  • Why don't you just call it the banana?
  • @Razgrey ;
    I peeled the banana off the banana doesn't sound quite right.
  • I didn't expect such a small amount of people to call it the shell.........
  • @Kingedyou Well, it's not hard, so it's not really a shell.
  • If it's on the banana, it's a skin. If it's off a banana, it's a peel. Simple  :)
  • @Ninja_Goose
    When is it the shell?
  • When the turtle uses it as a nice hat @Kingedyou
  • It's never the shell.
  • I'm pretty sure it's scientifically called the banana "fleece", and should be called that by everyone from now on. It was proven and stated by scientists, so it can't be wrong. >:)
  • In Norwegian, I call it "Skall", which directly translates to Shell, but that's only really because we don't have a word for peel. And trust me when I say that calling it skin is a lot weirder in Norwegian than in English, because "hud" and "skinn" are both so closely accosiated with human (or animal) skin and leather retrospectively. In English, I'd just call it a peel.
  • edited July 2019
  • Well then.
    Does that mean tha bananas have had the Golden Fleece all along?!
  • I will from now on only refer to this sepcific part of a banana, as the fleece. 
  • It's a skin, and you peel it. Calling it a peel is also fine.
    I think people got in the habit of calling it a peel in referencing the discarded skin, so it just started being generally referred to as a peel.
  • @Sangui
    If it's skin you have to remove it like one would skin.
    And I don't look forward to flaying a banana.
  • @KaeawynShifter wow, I guess I know where you stand >:)
    Only weakings don't look forward to using their war scythe on an unsuspecting nann lmao
  • @PoppyrusRose
    Oh...
    I've got a scythe ready.
    I just would rather use it to flay things that aren't bananas.
    like humans
  • @PoppyrusRose
    Hey Poppy wanna go out? you can take the shell off my banana
  • @Kingedyou lol, nice
    Legit, tho, having a harem kinda got old 
    It's not me, it's all 7 of you LUL