Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Timeline Flowchart using the wiki [Now updated for Galen Sunsword: PI]

Comments

• Updated for Lyn Azveltara Gaiden and The Sandbolds!

Lyn Azveltara Gaiden comes before Azveltara Z because Lyn didn't have her powers yet given by Quintara Lotus. LAG comes before Tower of Ultimate Wizardry and The Cobblers because it is established that Clockodiles did not exist yet as of LAG. (Fun fact, that's the *only* definitive connection that places LAG before ToUW that isn't based on character dialogue.)

Sandbolds comes after Skeleton King because of the Kobold Children being kidnapped. Act 2 comes after Battle of the Bards because Vanessa has left the Future Winners and became a servant for Lyn Azveltara. Act 3 takes place after Kobold Headhunters because Jack Krysstal dies.

With Sandbolds placing Battle of the Bards and Kobold Headhunters in the timeline, Unseen Rogues is now the only campaign to not have any definitive timeline-related connections to any campaigns other than Senate of Deadlantis.
  • @Azurillkirby I don't have anything to add i'm just amazed
  • @Azurillkirby Has it been confirmed that Neena and Romulus switched places at the exact same time during the whole vampire locket thing? I can't remember if it was or not, but if they did then that would make it possible to place Unseen Rogues as well. Awesome job regardless!
  • @RedDashLion
    Yes that was confirmed when Rob showed us the timeline during the BTS for Den of Devils
  • @Kingedyou
    Two problems with that. 1) it was an internal timeline that was said to have potential inconsistencies. and 2) it was in a BTS, so it isn't canon.
  • @KaeawynShifter
    Yeah but it's definitely a good point to go off of I don't see any reason that headhunters and unseen rogues wouldn't be going on at the same time so why not go off that timeline for it?
  • @Kingedyou
    Because that timeline is not canon and there isn't any proof saying Unseen Rogues and Headhunters are happening at the same or different times.
  • @KaeawynShifter
    Since there's no reason it wouldn't be happening at the same time and while there's no concrete proof that it is happening at the same time at one point Rob definitely thought that and most likely still does I don't see a reason not to use that until it's proven wrong
  • @Kingedyou
    The reason it isn't being used is it can't be proven right, they're only using hard canon for the timeline, so you can't assume anything is correct unless you can directly prove it.
  • @KaeawynShifter
    I guess that's fair and I understand but if it can't be placed anywhere I still don't see why you wouldn't just use the closest thing we have to an accurate placement 
  • @Kingedyou
    Because we can currently accurately place it off to the side. I'm not one of the people actively working on the timeline, so asking one of them would probably get you a better response than me.
  • Yeah, we make sure that we make as few assumptions as possible on the wiki. We don't know very much about how vampire lockets work, so we aren't going to make assumptions about how it works until its officially canonized. Don't get me wrong, it's 95% likely that they take place at the same time, but we will wait until that is actually able to be truly confirmed. 
  • @Azurillkirby
    Alright that makes sense thank you for explaining
  • @Azurillkirby Yeah I figured that wasn't official canon, but couldn't remember. I have my own timeline that uses some assumptions and logic about certain events, it's really interesting what happens to the timeline when you take that away lol
  • The thing with the wiki is that we have to use that policy of not making these logical assumptions because people will (even though they shouldn't) directly cite the wiki and problems have arisen before because of people who do this when we had incorrect information listed. As a result, we need to be as careful as possible when providing information.
  • @Azurillkirby Oh yeah, totally understandable! Wasn't trying to say it was bad or anything, it's just interesting comparing my theorized timeline to the fact-based one.
  • Perhaps we will one day get the follow up campaign for when Nena and Romulus finally meet in real life. Might not confirm that the previous campaign happen at the same time, but it will tie up all the non connected campains.
  • edited January 2018
    FUCK this fucks my Headcannon that Justins character is actualy Jebodiah from Den of Devils 
  • @Rein Do you mean Ralph? That's still very possible, Sandbolds isn't linked to Den of Devils.
  • @Azurillkirby (Yea I like to think that after  the fucking breakdown he had running from dragons, he became the light loving and dragon wanting to kill, Jebodiah, and it kinda does shoot it down cause it seems like Den comes before the children were even born)
  • @Rein Plus, there's the fact that McCarrot (Millbee) kept bringing up 'Maelstrom Jebidiah-Moonkiller'. It's entirely possible that, in a drunken stupor, Ralph forgot his 'name' (Ralph isn't even his real name) and took the name Jebidiah, subconsciously after the man that opened his eyes.
  • @Rein You shouldn't use the position on the flowchart as a definitive marker of when the campaign took place. I personally see Den of Devils as, like, SUPER late in the timeline. Similarly, I think it's a fair assumption that Azveltara Z is pretty far behind Sunswords but they're next to each other on the flowchart just by chance.
  • @Rein @friskyBrisky That is a really cool headcannon, that could still actually work, as there is no campaign confirmed to take place after DoD. Meaning theoretically DoD could still happen after any other campaign, including Sandbolds. The Sandbolds even kinda works as Jebediah's backstory.
  • @magnetised Yea I perfer to think Den of Devils is like at the point where Nisovin somewhat know about what happened with Malestrom, and is looking for some kind of way to contain him perhaps with whatever he is using those dragon eggs for
  • I would presume that there is much more time between Azveltara Z and The Zarlin Catacombs than what the flow chart is currently able to represent. When there is more information available I presume that the Zarlin Catacombs will probably be moved further down to represent how much later it really occurs within the timeline and that would help represent how much later that the Den of Devils would possibly occur.
    Moving it down now would just make the picture bigger than it needs to be.
  • The Cobblers campaign is before The Death of VIrgo Campaign.
  • edited January 2018
    That’s not actually confirmed. It’s like 95% that it is, but since visions aren’t always true we have to be skeptics (and Reginald could’ve already been evil but hiding it very well) and the vision was the only actual thing to confirm that timeline. @MoistForGnomes
  • @UnluckyBimi Rob said it was the case. At the very end of the show.
  • Spoken words also aren’t entirely enough proof for timeline links. @MoistForGnomes
  • edited January 2018
    @UnluckyBimi everything but donation events is spoken words, and these aren't words from a PC they are words from the GM. They're about as cannon as you can get. Hence why Philippe is still dead. No rolls were done against him to kill at all, it was just spoken words from the GM.