Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

How do you watch urealms?

I like watch the twitch vods. That way I get to see chat. Usually I watch them at the same time as the livestream is going on because I always show up late :(

Comments

• edited May 2017
    I never really care for chat, it's way too chaotic and trolly for me to care about it at all...

That said, I can't always come to the live show, so I tend to watch on youtube instead, but when I do come to the live show I just fullscreen it on one of my screens while playing something that's not very brain taxing on the other screen (I'm a bad multitasker)
  • With my eyes.

Up until now I've watched on YT, but I'm gonna try sooo hard to get to a live show this year because I gotta get there for that divine decision 
  • YouTube watcher here. When it's airing the week after I usually try to watch the videos as soon as they come out. Then I go back and re-watch the campaigns whenever I need something to watch, either while doing low-effort things or trying to fall asleep.

I managed to catch a few shows live last year, but I definitely prefer watching on YouTube. Fits my shorter attention span, lets me go back to re-watch especially funny segments and cool animations.
  • I like to see it live just because I like to watch the campaigns as soon as I can, sometimes I can't catch the first part though so I watch the vods during the stream, I even managed to catch up after a few breaks one time. I don't think I'll make it to the first campaign this season though.  
  • I love the tension of the live campaigns so i'll watch as much of them as i can before i eventually get too tired since its starts at 3am for me :frownbold: . I'll later finish watching the twitch vods from where i left off.
  • with my eyes
  • I watch it live when I can, will watch on YouTube if it's there, but will try to watch twitch vod if YouTube episodes are still coming out, but I usually dislike twitch chat unless there's a certain part that I want to see more reactions do, which would normally be in a YouTube comment somewhere.
  • If I miss a day, I watch the vod. I like it more than the videos on YouTube because it feels live to me.
  • I prefer to watch it on YouTube! I keep my ad blocker off, so the channel can make revenue. I'm personally not a fan of twitch chat, and find it distracting from the show (for me). I really want to support the show though, so sometimes I'll pop into the stream and donate, and I've got two t-shirts and the Bopen sweatshirt :smileneena: 
  • I have never been able to make it to a live show. I always forget, or show up late, and I have a weird tick that I have to watch it from the very beginning.
    So I watch solely on YouTube. But now, with the raffle system, I have a reason to start trying to watch live! 
  • just youtube unfortunately. 

i work graveyard shift and unless i specifically ask off for a weekend like 2 weeks in advance, im not going to have one so i will basically only get to see it via some sort of video hosting. 
  • Generally I watch it live on Twitch. But if for some reason I miss it, then I will watch the Youtube videos. They are easier to watch than the Twitch VOD. The only reason I watch live is to donate and watch chat go nuts when something amazing happens.
  • Well back in the day when the streams started later in the night, I watched the first half live and then the second half using the twitch VOD. But ever since they moved it earlier to 1pm EST I can now watch them live from start to finish.
  • I can't stand not watching things from the beginning and the start time for urealms is like 4 or 5am australian on my sunday. I am not giving up that sleeping time for anything. So I watch the youtube during the week and then if there's a moment I HAVE to see chat reaction to I go find it on the vod.
  • I start watching it live... but then I fall asleep. Usually arond after the second combat. And then catching it on yt.

• Where i live the streams start around 3 am but i managed to make every show live in season 2.
  • I watch a good hour or two every night in bed on my phone. Relaxing. I'm going to try to show up shows live now since they're doing it once a month.
  • I usually watch it via Twitch mobile when I'm at work but if I'm not I usually watch it live via Twitch.
  • I work from home so I usually watch live or via Twitch vod. The long length of the streams (compared to shorter youtube videos) while working is perfect; i can put it up on my bigger second monitor and work on my main with no problem. Helps me focus.
  • I usually watch the youtube post, though with the new season ill try and catch the live show.
  • I watch live but normally in Deadbone's chat since it's less chaotic and we play bingo sometimes and that's fun! I do watch the main chat but it moves so fast!
  • edited May 2017
    I try really hard to watch the live streams but fail severely every time; so I end up catching like an hour of the middle of Twitch, quitting so that I don't spoil it or have real life pop up, and re-watching the entire thing on YouTube.
  • I love supporting the show and making an impact on decisions, so I'm a live viewer. I like to put in a few bucks now and then for something interesting, and also spam chat with what choice everyone should support.  :p
    It just makes you feel really connected when it's live and interactive.
  • Live show with it chromecast'd to my TV.
  • I like lurking in there! @stormoftara
  • I mostly watch while eating dinner on youtube 
  • I mean, I try to make plans to set aside the afternoon/evening of the day of the streams, but as everyone knows, shit happens.  
    When I cannot make the stream, I typically watch the campaign on YouTube throughout the following week or so, but the Twitch stream is definitely the preference. 
  • Generally I am working when the live stream is up. I watch on youtube that way If I miss something I can just rewind it.
  • I watched the first campaign live but I couldn't really make the others live so I watched on YouTube, I plan on watching season 3 live.