Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

What got you into Rob's work?

Comments

• I just found a weird looking minecraft video as a young lad and I liked epic sieges so I kept watching DvZ, and was basically there for the rest of the way through playmindcrack, camelot, LOM, and the actual DvZ servers later on. I was there for Deathrun, Murder, TTT, I watched almost all of the pkmn rob content, even the last few runs Rob did of the latest games, Nuren, season 1 (and actually started playing with other fans even way back then!), lore streams, season 2, and I actually started donating this season! I laughed my ass off at every new entry to Rob's Weird Videos, and eventually found the original channel to watch some of the OG Urealms, but I can never finish it.
  • I came across some of his work online occasionally, and one day decided I wanted to know who this guy was.
  • I discovered rawb when my friend tried making Dwarves VS Zombies on xbox 360 minecraft edition. Interested in the idea of the game I found Rawb and That Slab guy
  • I heard about OldManWillakers through Mindcrack, probably one of PauseUnpause's videos. I think I first saw mention about URealms through the Mindcrack subreddit. Having revisited Rob's channel for the Pokemon Sun holiday show, I decided to start watching through the URealms campaigns in January. Good timing I suppose.

• edited June 2017
    I was following Pause on Twitter, and he tweeted about streaming something called DvZ so I tuned in and I've been hooked ever since. At least 2011 me made some good decisions.
  • Well first i found his really old channel with world of Warcraft, but i didn't find urealms through that. I just happend to see coestar streaming something i didn't recognized and decided to see what it was.  I watched about an hour of unseen rogues when i decided i should watch this all from the start.
  • I first found out about Rob with Dvz but I lost watching rob later then I found Urealms in Season 1 and I actually enjoyed it so yeah that's what happened I guess... Idk how to explain it other than that
  • A friend introduced me to Rawb's DvZ stuff, which I liked.
    I then came across his Blaze black runs, which got me completely hooked.
    Now I can't escape.
  • For me, it was unforgotten realms when it was on escapist. One of my friends told me about the show and I was hooked from there. I started to stop watching his work after a certain point. Forgot about him, ended up stumbling on the brucewillakers channel at some point and saw the buffalo wizards videos. Been keeping up with his content since.
  • my one friend came over and showed me unforgotten realms when i was like 7 and i was hooked from there
  • I found Rob through Pauseunpause and DvZ and I have been following his awesome content ever since.
    OLDMANWILLAKERS!!!
  • My brother started watching a guy named kurt, who joined minecrack. I started watching a few of them, including Pause. I don't remember what the first thing  they did together, but that's when I started watching rob. I think it was Murder (TTT before it was TTT) It feels so long ago. I think I said this on another thread, but I remember watching the first "Realms/Campaign" and the eagerness in Robs voice when he talked about this project. 
  • A friend showed me ep 1 of the escapist run of unforgotten realms and I immediately caught up and started lurking his old website. Eventually that went down though and I didn't know where else to follow him. So I lost track of him for years until I found the Zarlin catacombs campaign on Youtube and proceeded to go nuts for urealms again.  
  • Pauseunpause and tuna bandits
  • I actually first started watching Rob after I heard about him from WowCrendor when they were playing hearthstone together. He was very funny and meshed well with Crendor's demeanor so I checked out his channel, and I'm happy I did. I don't even wanna how many hours I have put into watching all the campaigns.
  • It started with DvZ. As a fan of dwarves in all game types I started watching when it popped up in search for dwarf and minecraft. After binge watching all the videos I started going to live streams, and became a general fan of Rob. Soon I was watching Lords of Minecraft, Played it for the plot, and anything he put out. However when he released the first unforgotten realms video I skipped it, saying "I may be a nerd, but I'm not nerdy enough to watch others play a tabletop game" Soon after I got into D&D and finally gave Romin's Band of Thieves a Chance, and I Never stopped watching. 
  • Ladies choice UHC, rawbs quad kill was amazing. After that I found his channel and proceeded to watch all the videos on there and went back to watch most of the Pokémon rob stuff.
  • Tuna bandits, enough said.
  • I was into minecraft and UHC interested me, but seemed boring. I usually watched one-two episodes and stopped for the season. However one faithful UHC episode I saw a man by the name OLD MAN WILLY. Not only was his name interesting, but he seemed funny and animated in his conversations and playstyle. From that day I became a fan and followed almost everything he did and am loving every moment of it.
  • The old unforgotten realms show he used to do
  • I met rawb 3 times before I became a fan
    1st time I got in one of the very early DVZ games I don't know how I either had friends back then or guessed the password. Both equally unlikely. But deadbones killed me for being a crafter..... I had no ideal what was going on. 

Second time found twitch stream for 12 seconds then got bored cause he went on break as soon as I tuned in. 

The third time was me wondering what ever happened to coestar. I was a fan of the original coe's quest and for some reason remembered it years later and looked him up and there was a video on his channel with rawb. also I watched jimmy the world of Warcraft story and somehow got cussed out by rawb. Which happens a lot more often than you would think anyways I kept running into him so eventually I just became a fan
  • Escapist Unforgotten Realms. I was really sad when it never continued but now I'm super happy with what that thing has turned in to. 
  • i found out about rob from his old dvz streams, became a fan and i have now watched almost everything he has uploaded (minus like some of his pokemon streams)

Fun fact: i found out about rob, coe, and mindcrack (specifically guude) separately back in like 2011 - 2012 so i think its really cool how these (at the time) random 3 content producers i followed became intertwined in one way or another
  • DvZ absolutely, though I had seen thePMLtv before that, but only really got hooked when I saw Pause and Etho in DvZ.
  • The Adventures of Sir Schmoopy of Awesometon, definitely.
  • DvZ with Poose and Etho.
  • Either DvZ or UHC, forget which came first.
  • @NikoKun Rip Guudewillies
  • edited June 2017
    @gonan I literally found Rawb through the same video at the same time lol. Now I'm just hooked on everything he does and I still am chipping through some the old stuff like 2 player.