Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

UForums: Corsair's Quest

The wondrous Kobold city of Starlight, only starting to bustle with the morning sun. The Markets are opening, the ports are preparing, the temples ring their bells or chant their hymns and the royals of the court are beginning their day. Deep within the castle is the Chamber of Royal Artifacts, full of marvelous items the Knacken Royal family collected all over the world. One of the most interesting artifacts is the custom card, a sword that emits pure dark energy. The servants that are cleaning the cases the artifacts are in notice that the sword is emitting more dark energy then usual. None of the servants really understand what this means, and they wonder if they should let the sword get some air...
---
@Loreteck - Catherine Kracken
@Rein - Suke, Pheni and Dam
@TorukOrnella Laradori
@Maris
Niner Neolith
@Pufflemore - Mimy Ocelot
@Jj_TeRroR_jJ - Johan Johnson
---
(@Loreteck, @Maris; We'll get to your Characters in a moment)
@Rein, @Jj_TeRroR_jJ, @Pufflemore, @Toruk Meanwhile, in the near by desert, a group of Kobolds have been lead to a cave, which is weirdly noisy. Peeking inside, the Kobolds see that a large band of Dwarves are gearing up for what appears to be a siege. A few of the Dwarves are talking to what appears to be a weird, stocky Goblin.

"See? What'd I tell ya?" Jamminus, the Goblin that lead them there, says. "My idiot cousin sided with those bastard Dwarves! I told him not to. I told him aligning with the Kobolds was the way to go! But nooooo! Had to honor his family, he said! Had to reclaim the land for the Dwarves, he said! Idiot."
«1345

Comments

  • @friskyBrisky
    Johan, darting his vision around the cavern to distinguish as much info as he can, immediately starts analysing the situation.

    "Siege supplies. Fairly sizable force too, doesn't seem like something just anyone would be able to organise..."
  • @friskyBrisky
    *Mimy is looking around the cave for something that could cause a big explosion while spinning her revolver around her finger*
  • edited January 2020
    @Jj_TeRroR_jJ "I'm tellin' ya," Jamminus says, "This is a full blown invasion. Some Dwarves got it in their heads that they deserve to have the Desert, includin' Starlight. Got some higher ups in that city of theirs. What was it? Lamoa? Lamao? Point is, if you guys don't do something 'bout it now, Starlight's a gonna."

    @Pufflemore Mimy can not see anything explodable from where she is standing.
  • @friskyBrisky
    He glances around, trying to gleam any info that he can, such as if it's solely dwarven (if there is any other racial involvement), any possible ideas of when they'd take action, etc.
    []
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ The room is full of Dwarves and Dvergrs. They mostly appear to be of the Praven Clans, although a few of them appear to be Mosstoe and Dundinborough. The only person that isn't a Dwarf is the weird looking Goblin and Jamminus's Cousin.
  • @friskyBrisky
    *she will try to see what is the siege engines being used and how arm the dwarfs are (aka firearms or bows and swords) 
  • @friskyBrisky
    How many of them are there, and how strong do they appear to be?
  • "Whoah Nelly look at all those short people, and they wanna try and reclaim a desert, what are they gonna do, sink, Hah get it, cause they short HEh heheh" 
  • @Rein
    Johan, who has the custom card attribute, pauses for a brief second before turning to look at you, clearly in a manner which just says "Really...?"
  • "HAH I forgot you are also short, Ah dont worry about it its all good fun ya shorty, plus Im trash talking the enemy whats to worry about" *Suke gives a smug shrug*
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ There appear to be about 7 Dwarves plus the 1 weird looking Goblin. They appear to be average in size for Dwarves, and the Goblin appears to be Dwarven size.

    @Pufflemore Most of them are carrying clubs, however one of them is indeed carrying a Sword. You can't distinguish what Clubs or Swords they have. The Goblin appears to have some kind of Gun. It may be a custom card or a custom card, you're not fully sure.
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ @friskyBrisky @Rein ;
    "Keep a eye on the goblin, he have some short of firearm...ever a blunderbuss or a snakehunter"
  • @Rein @Pufflemore @friskyBrisky @Toruk ;
    "...Well, looks like only a small force, presumably guards for the siege equipment if this is a part of an actual army. Likely a force we can handle so long as we're not reckless. Keep a close eye for anything odd however..."

    He then glares at Mimy
    "And that means no exploding anything yet."
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ ;
    "But it could clear more en...it could destroy some of their eng...ok..."
  • @Pufflemore
    "Look, once they're dealt with fully you can, but maybe we should try and extract some info out of them, and particularly the goblin, who looks to be the organiser."
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ ;
    "ok daaaaaaaad"
    "Why the goblin? They are kill on sight in most dwarf kingdoms."
  • @Pufflemore
    "Information. He is clearly the most well-armed, showing that he has a significant hand in the situation, and once the dwarves are handled, death can be used as leverage for information about why they are here. If needed we can keep one of the dwarves alive too." 
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ ;
    "Kay, should we destroy their siege engines to?*she say this as she do some revolver spinning tricks/pretty much using her GUN THAT LITTERLY CUASE THINGS TO GO BOOM as a figite spinner 
  • @Pufflemore
    "Like i said, after we're done here..."
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ ;
    "Kay"
    *and she finaily put her gun in her horstal after playing with it for abit...she dose spin it in tho
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ @friskyBrisky ;

    *Ornella would stick close to the knight smaller than herself, looking over their head to see into the cave and at the goblin with a gun and then back at Johan* "Johan... want me to run around the room to see what is in there? I can go really fast so I might be able to do it unnoticed! " *Ornella is wearing plate armour and has a shield made from a mushroom cap on her back but doesn't actually have a weapon as she tries to remain calm and close to who she believes is the most veteran of the squad*
  • @Toruk ;@friskyBrisky ;
    "I'm not sure, speed is useful but if you're not quiet they'll tell something's up... hmm..."

    @Toruk ;@Pufflemore @Rein ;@friskyBrisky ;
    Johan looks back at the others, thinking intensely.

    "It's also possible we might be overthinking this, so I have a plan. As I can act without directly moving my body, I can try and go down there alone to see if they are immediately hostile or if there is a possibility of talking things through, gathering intel, and as potential bait. In the meantime, you guys can stand back here prepared to blast them either if things go south, or on my signal of a loud whistle. That way we can guarantee legal security if fighting breaks out.

    Any questions or concerns?"
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ
    ”sooo when you whistle I can blow stuff up?”
  • @Pufflemore
    "You can blow some of the people up, but try not to damage the gear too much during the fighting, you can always blow it up once we're done."
  • edited January 2020
    @Jj_TeRroR_jJ "I'm not too sure that's a good idea," Jamminus says, "8 to one odds aren't really in your favor..."
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ
    *Mimy dose a air fist pump and whisper yes to herself
  • @friskyBrisky
    "That's because I ain't intending on fighting them solo, it's why i'm saying for you guys to stand ready for if things turn hostile. If there is just a misunderstanding, then we avoid escalation entirely. If not, then you guys get the jump on them and catch them a bit off-guard. Worst-case scenario is that they expect this and we don't lose out on much."
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ "No," Jamminus says, "They're definitely out for blood. And blood is bad for business, less you deal in blood, but that ain't my business..."
  • @friskyBrisky
    "Hmm... you certain? If that's the case, then we'll have to attack briefly. I just want to ensure that they show immediate hostility to warrant it. The last thing that Starlight needs is to lose potential allies from an unwarranted attack against dwarves."
  • edited January 2020
    @Jj_TeRroR_jJ "I'm very positive. These guys want your town, and will kill all the Kobolds they can to get it. And that's bad for my business; I'm trying to get a foothold in your markets, and my stupid ass cousin had to go and rally a Dwarven king into wanting your land!"

    "Also, be careful when you do start attacking, cause then me and my cousin will sync." Johan has no idea what the Goblin means by 'Syncing'.
Sign In or Register to comment.