Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

A Wild RIde

I'm sure there will be a bunch of posts like this so feel free to take down if needed. I'm mostly writing it to help myself sort through some thoughts.

This show isn't the kind of thing I would be conventionaly into. Through high school I was a sports fan and still am. I never would have considered anything like dungeons and dragons to be interesting.

I found Rob through DvZ videos when I was a kid and stuck around for all the minecraft content he made. When he stopped doing that I stopped watching for awhile. As much as I was a fan of Rob, I wasn't willing to try new things.

Quite some time later I was on a nostalgia binge of the same old DvZ videos (highly recommend they are still gold) when I had the classic "I wonder what he's doing now" thought. And that's when I clicked on Urealms Live - The Skeleton King.

I didn't understand everything at first but I knew I was interested. What I didn't know was that I had just begun the longest binge watch of my life. I watched every campain that came before that just in time for the season 3 premiere. By then I was at the same point as every other fan. I was able to make it to the live shows and vote on divine decisions. The season three ending cinematic is the hardest I've cried for any show/movie/tv.

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this. I guess I just want to say that Urealms/Rob changed me as a person. It was there for me during my most influential years right up to graduating high school. I am a self-published author in the fantasy genre largely inspired and motivated by this show.

So let's not be sad, but instead celebrate the endless hours of entertainment we got from this show. And let's continue it. Let's keep watching the season 3 finale when we feel like crying. Let's keep forming friendships through the forums, and supporting whatever creative endeavor comes next.

Until that day when it returns...

P.S. sorry work my long windedness.