Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Phil's URealms Season 4 Expansion

Before we start:
I have also put together all the information in this google doc, if you'd prefer reading that:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lMBdqyVecOEORtsFUOxXt5bhSwiZFWh2e9ZNHtyGh4o/edit?usp=sharing

Introduction

Hi my name is Phil and this is my Urealms Season 4 Expansion. It includes a few balance changes, new cards and a new “Passive Deck” that includes all of the passives found in Urealms Season 4. The purpose of the changes is to make the game more fun to host publically, the old cards work but I feel these work a bit better for a setting like the one I am hosting in. Btw I host games on URealms Unified and create Trailers to hype up my campaigns, so I get a wide variety of people to join my games. Some enjoy combat more than RP others are the other way around. So these changes are made to (hopefully) help everyone.

The mod can be found here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1872730320

Changed Cards

These Cards were changed for multiple reasons. Usually it was to improve consistency while still trying to keep the original flavour of the card or just changing balance. A lot of changes are made specifically for public games, since their playstyle differs from the show’s.

Porc
custom card
The old Porc had the rare but occurring problem that they had little to no stamina at the end of CC. Getting rid of these extreme RNG effects in CC makes it more consistent to create a playable character while still giving the option of making a porc unique using a companion as a passive.

Dwarf
custom card
Dwarf was often either amazing or horrific. Getting one of the (what felt like) dozens of pot puppies was never a good experience. I thought about giving them a selection, but that didn’t turn out fun. Giving them back their starting gold seemed like the best option. In addition to that they gain a small stamina increase and the option to get a random companion for 500 gold. So if a player really wants to test that rng it is still an option.

Lethal Arms
custom card
Lethal Arms was very powerful to begin with. Getting a random Weapon and increasing it’s damage by 10 is already very powerful, but the once per game effect was pushing this passive from powerful to overpowered. This tuned down version is still powerful, but shouldn’t be as game breaking.

Dainty
custom card
Getting Dainty basically meant for a lot of players “Hey I will get a selection of 5 instead of a random attribute, since it gave negative stamina and the option to pick a potentially great one. This changed version should make it so the instant “I wanna grow” occurs less.

Beta
custom card
The drawback of Beta would work great for the show where CC is basically run by the GM, meaning they keep track of the purchased items and gold. In public games CC is usually run on a trust basis where the players do their own shopping and the GM answers questions or deals with cards that draw specific items. This changed Card also adds the benefit that if the Beta sneakily buys an item and the others don’t notice they can keep it.

Lehtargic
custom card
The only reason I changed Lethargic was to make my life as a GM easier. Putting in another player's turn right before the actual players turn always felt weird, so I decided to just make them go last. This way they can still be in the way of line or area attacks but there is not an additional turn introduced.

New Cards

These are my takes on new Cards. These can be races, items, treasures or anything really.

Gnoll
custom card
Gnolls are already Canon in Urealms and there have been a lot of takes on them. This one is based off the design in Stuart’s and Shepard’s Expansion, but has less stamina and more gold. The two passives can be drawn from the provided Random Passive Deck.
Beenu
custom card
Beenu was a tough one to create. I was thinking about giving them half off most items but that seemed very rng dependent again and could get out of hand quickly. They are technologically advanced though, so I decided to let them have 2 Treasures that can be combined. The Idea is that abilities would cast both effects and Weapons could be infused with magical items to add effects. The extra line is there to make sure whatever is created makes sense and you don’t get an armor that has a dagger pointing out of it (if you don’t want to)
2 for 1 Coupon
custom card
This Coupon was first created by Space and me at the end of Season 3. I adjusted the cost for Season 4 and left the rest untouched.
Test Subject
custom card
Just a new cornerstone that makes use of the passive deck. It allows players to choose if the tests were consentual or not.
Mutated
custom card
An attribute similar to Test Subject. (Currently got the wrong picture and text formatting)
Timebender
custom card
A new attribute that makes use of timebender. I had a few instances where timebender was very fun and I’d like to see more of it.
Shopkeeper's VIP Pass
custom card
I like the idea of being able to refresh the shop if you happen to create a character with a lot of gold.
Small Bag of Bilingual Fish
custom card
A small passive with a bit of flavour added to it. Good and cheap poison protection.
Rake
custom card
Honestly I mostly created this because of the joke, but it is a cheap weapon and can be used to round out a character or have some roleplay fun.
Finger Guns
custom card
Born out of a joke in one of my campaigns I decided to make Finger Guns an official Basic Ability. If used by a Kobold it is actually a pretty decent ability, since it lets you drain Anytimes.
Create Shades
custom card
A fun spell that is great for roleplay but has a usage in combat when blinding is a thing.
Explorers Backpack
custom card
A fun item, that ironically every adventurer should have. It’s fun for roleplay and can be used in Combat for a weak but still impactful effect.
200ft of Rope
custom card
This is another fun thing for roleplay.
Summon Jimmy
custom card
Jimmies are supposed to only be able to do simple tasks, should the players ask them to do something else.
Rain Dance
custom card
An anti status ability that has some fun roleplay implications.

Cards made for my custom Lore

These cards were created to fit my custom lore. They aren’t entirely in the spirit of Vanilla Urealms but if you want to use them you are free to.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

These are all the cards created so far. I will post updates in the comments. I would love some feedback on the cards!

Cheers 

Phil o./