Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

3D Models of Gwyneth's Duskblade and Bopen's Cutlass

To celebrate Season 4 of URealms I tried to recreate the main weapons of Gwyneth and Bopen since this season will mostly focus on the war between their factions.
Mind you this is the first time I ever try to do anything with 3D models but all things considered I think they came out pretty neat  :)
The software I used is Paint 3D since I found it's pretty easy to use even for a newbie like me (plus it's free <.<).

Gwyneth's Duskblade  :/ 

Bopen's Golden Cutlass  >_< (I used Lily's art from the Bopen t-shirt as reference for this one)

Both together

Lemme know what you think  :) I think I'll try to do Susurflame next using Nick and Pat's model from the S3 Finale.
Link to the album with all the photos plus a couple of extra angles https://imgur.com/a/h9fnzF4

Comments

• Awesome models! 
  • edited July 2019
    very cool

you should try out Blender, considering the amount of tutorials available and its capabilities.
    is paint3d a sculpting type of 3d program? 
  • cool stuff weslid!
  • Thanks guys :D
    @ItsjustAvy I don't think you can do any sculpting in paint 3D, it's really just the basic stuff, but I will definitely try out blender next
  • @Weslid Im kinda curious how you made the cutlass xD
    picking up blender will be good if you want to get into 3d stuff, although its not what i used
  • @ItsjustAvy prepare to facepalm ahahaha
    Basically I mostly used a tool that lets you make lines that become bigger/smaller and I used that for the golden parts of the handle. For the purple part I used the basic ring shape and just copy pasted multiple times slightly changing the size for each of them, while for the blade I just kind of traced from the original pic using a tool where you draw the edge of the shape and it fills it in adding a bit of depth.
    BTW I started playing around with blender this afternoon and after like 30 minutes of pressing all the buttons and a couple of hours of tutorials later I'm starting to understand the basics... you can definitely do WAAAAAAAY much more
  • soon these blades shall clash in battle!
  • @Weslid Interesting
    when i make weapons i kinda do the same thing but with box modeling, like its all different objects mashed together. apparently its a legit way to make things xD

I hope you enjoy blender.