Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

A world of man and beast (Solo rp thread)

Comments

• @nikiduke (oh, kk sorry about that. When I do the full laid out story I'll include names inside it.)
  • ( @nikiduke )
    He will try to be sneaky and make it to the top of the blacksmith's roof, he doesn't want to be seen yet 
  • @WritingWyvern ; You make it to the roof. And at the village center you can see a scene unfolding. A woman from the village is being held up and chocked using only one arm by a female mercenary in black robes. Using your heightened elven hearing. You are able to pick up what's going on.
    "Where are you hiding them. We don't have all day for this" *The mercenary says in a commanding yet calm and collected tone*
    "What.... are you saying? WE DON'T! ACK! KNOW!" *The woman says coughing up blood. The mercenary simply throws her to the ground* "One of you better talk for your sake. I will remind you all that failing to aid us gives us direct permission. As issued by the King. To take you all in as co-conspirators. So talk. Or die. I care very little about which outcome comes to pass" *She holds up the official Royal bounty as issued by the King.*
  • ( @nikiduke )
    (What is the race of the female merc? and is the number of mercs equal, greater, or lesser than his band of bandits?)
  • edited July 24
    @WritingWyvern ; (The female merc appears to be a High elf. Her hair is also visibly white. And there are many mercs. More then enough to outnumber your bandit group. Their quality of gear is ranging from pretty basic to very well equipped. The female merc doesn't look to be wearing much more then robes. But she does have a silver sword. But seems to be in charge. Atleast right now) 
  • ( @nikiduke )
    Aerick will start by grabbing his lute and starting to play a fast beat, to hopefully get everyone's attention. after at least some or all look towards him he slows down the beat and starts to sing.

"Oh, there once was a captain, of a mercenary band.
    She was quite a sight.
    Oh that bloody bitch was pale and thin,
     you might have mistaken her for a skeleton.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh, with those spider-like fingers
    That boney and sharp excuse for a nose,
    Oh those shoulders are sharper than my blades
    with elderly hair and ugly brow

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Oh I wonder if anyone will tell her
    That black isn't meant for everyone
    (He stops playing the lute for a second)
    seriously, my mate, you look like someone trying too hard, trying to be threating and such. Please put some more color in your look darling, you hate when you see people trying so hard to be something, it's sad, don't be sad.
    (He starts back his song)
    Oh her skin burns up in the evening sun
    Her smile is like snakes bitting your eyes

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
    She also looks like she needs to get laid!"
    He ends the song with a bow before standing up with his cocky smile looking down on them all. rolling to see how well he sang it 

( Also I'm shit at writing lyrics, this is more of an overview of what is sort of says, he probably have better burns then me.)
  • edited July 25
    @WritingWyvern ; You sing it very well m8.
    (I hope you realize thats just how high elves look)
    Despite your very negative remarks. The lady merc seems to smile as you reveal yourself
    "Ah good. We have a comedian" *She takes her sword out and it begins to glow very brightly.*
    "Say your prayers. Oh wait. Seems like you have no place of worship. How very unfortunate for you."
  • ( @nikiduke )
    (well that why I said Aerick can probably insult her better, I don’t know things)
    ”hm but fine lady, do we really have to fight just yet? Besides you don’t even know who I am. You really need to work on your pre fight dialogue, work you inner play villain darling. But I guess cutting to the chase is a fine character quality as well.” Aerick said, now thinking about some plays he could write
  • Backstory:
    Before the birth of Princess Alatea, the Forest keeper had ordered that one of his strongest knight were to give birth to a child who would be trained to become the guard to the princess (the guards were willing and either you or me can make the name for the one who gave birth to Adrian if needed). Adrian was the last to be born and was born a few days before the princess. All the babies were not to be named as they would be given a name after the knight to Alatea was determined. There were five children born to try for the role of knight of Princess Alatea". They were all treated as normal children for two year of their lives and afterward were gradually taught the basics of knighthood and their duties as could be knights of princess Alatea. The canidates would as well get to spend time guarding the princess for their training. Its during this time that princess Alatea took a liking to Adrian, when she didnt have a name to address him by, she decided to give him the temporary name of "knight of blue" For His bright blue eyes that stood out to her. Over time whenever the canidates would pracrice guarding the princess, she would get overjoyed. Of course she'd be happy to see all the canidates, but especially Adrian. After some years, the canidates narrowed down to three, the canidates and the princess were know 9 years old and Adrian noticed the princess's interest in him. The Knight's training the canidates had noticed Adrian was hitting hia limits on raw strength and were prepared to cut him and leave the other two for princess Alatea to choose from. She overheard this and secretly ordered that he was not to be cut until the last day and if he still had not grown since then, they could cut him. The knights agreed to this as they wanted to fufill the princess' and they did not think it would affect anything. Later that night, when Adrian was sleeping in his barrack, the princess snuck out to go see him. The princess woke Adrian up. Adrian was against the princess sneaking out, but if it was her wish to do so he would stand by her. She told him how she believed in him and knew he would become her knight in blue, but she told him that he must try even harder than before for her. This bolstered Adrians spirits immensely. After that night he decided to work 120% harder, pushing his body for the last few months before selection. He did gaina little more strength because of this, but this alone would most likely not be enough. Adrian knew this, so he decided he would try to become stronger in another way. He began to develope his swords play and practiced it day in, day out along with his extra training. This was an impressive thing to see, even by the knights standards. The only thing was that Adrian was burning himself out pretty fast. He didnt care though and pushed through. In the end, Adrian had gained a little more strength, but also gained a unique fighting style that had not been previously used (not an op fighting style, just one thats different then the norm and therefore is harder to predict). The knights incharge of the canidates didnt notice this however and were prepared to drop him as a canidate. Adrian however, not wanting to accept the loss, requested a duel between the other canidates to determine whether or not he was worthy of remaining a canidate for the selection. The knight's agreed. A fair duel would definitely decide whether or not Adrian had grown or not. So he dueled the stronger of the two canidates. The fight was brutal and seemed to sway in the favour of the other canidate, that is, until Adrian began using his new sword play. He had made and practiced some new stances and moves that were meant to play against an opponents weaknesses. The swords play wasnt anything amazing, but it was a unique fighting style that the canidate didnt know how to react too. This unique way of fighting is what ended up winning Adrian the fight. Afterward Adrian was comended for his idea to plan against his opponents and was allowed to become a canidate for selection. The next day the ceremomy for the selection began the the princess picked Adrian. He was then given the title Adrian, knight of Princess Alatea and given the sworn duty to protect her.
    (Sorry if the story is a bit iffy, ive been typing it on and off between duties and freetime. Hope its ok. If i messed up somewhere or need clarification just lmk and sorry in advance. Also for the sword fighting thing that isnt really a new style just playing against holes in the fighting style they were taught. Thx again.)
  • @WritingWyvern ; "I prefer anti-hero" Roll to dodge. You better roll high
  • @xxthatguy11xx ; Aight gimme a minute to read through all that. lol
  • ( @nikiduke )
    Oh shit that was fast, he would try to jump off the roof for the dodge
  • @xxthatguy11xx ; Alright well. I think most of it is fine.
    Though i personally wouldn't have assumed the princesses personality. It's not far off enough that i have to criticize it tho. The unique fighting style is vague and i need info on that
  • @WritingWyvern ; Before you can even move a step. A bolt of energy shoots out of the lady mercs sword. Hitting you squarely in the chest. Fracturing some bones. You are sent flying to the ground.
    You are thankfully not dead. But your chest hurts like a bitch
  • ( @nikiduke )
    He grunts in pain getting up, "Of course merc bitch would have a magical sword, and if anyone is the anti-hero it should be me." He said to himself before getting up and seeing how far the mercs are?
  • @WritingWyvern ; All the mercs are continuing with their "questioning" of the populace. Some of them are getting close to the forest. Meanwhile the lady merc is talking with someone. Its... that hooded figure you saw before at the tavern
  • ( @nikiduke )
    "Fuck, divide and conquer, hopefully, the others can pick some of them off." Aerick will try ignoring the pain and pull out both of his cutlasses, taking a deep breath he will try to hid and get as close as he can to the Merc leader and the hooded figure
  • @WritingWyvern ; Ok. Roll for sneaky bandit boy
  • @WritingWyvern ; You sneak behind a hey cart and listen in on the conversation
    "And you are not leading us astray old man? Be wary for i have no love for those who waste my time."
    *You hear an elderly laugh* "Well of course not! Now why would a retired agent of the King. Waste the time of such a noble mission?" *Elderly cough*
    "Very well then. Onward men. We strike at their forest hideout."
  • ( @nikiduke )
    Well, they aren't at the forest hideout, so they should be good, they might be found still because they are on the edge and all. With this information, where is the old man at right now?
  • @WritingWyvern ; (What? The bandits are at your forest hideout. That's your base.)
    Right next to the elf
  • ( @nikiduke )
    (Okay I double-checked, I never told them to stay or leave the base outright, but I did tell them to be ready to ambush them right outside the forest. I'm assuming our base wasn't right on the edge of the forest, near the village? or maybe I'm wrong but I didn't think we were that close)
    Are they heading towards the base side by side 
  • @WritingWyvern ; They are heading there directly (And Writing. By now you should have realized that Bandits for the most part aren't ones to be stealthy or overly intelligent about most things. Considering Bettygallow has been pretty friendly to you. You wouldn't set up that deep in the forest)
  • @nikiduke (its hard to say without creatig afighting style for the knights, but as an example. 
    If the fighting style is usually only used for right handed people, he practiced with his left and right hand and practiced taking jabs toward the left side where the opponent would be less guarded.
    Side note though, this fighting style is just a small thing that now wouldnt really work in a fight. Over the years he's just been practicing different types of sword play. So he isnt as strong as the strongest of knights, but he's high up there with sword play skills.
  • @xxthatguy11xx ; Ok. Just so you know though. You are DEFINITELY an underdog in this story.
    Now that we're done with that. You fine with starting?
  • ( @nikiduke )
    (stealthy nor smart? I mean Aerick is more clever and sneaky then that strong, so I thought at the very least his men would be more incline to follow his lead with that sort of stuff)

Well guess since I have no choice in the matter, looks like it’s time to do some dangerous. He will try to rush the old man and stab him in the back with both of his blades. In a sneak attack to teach this snitch a lesson 
  • edited July 25
    @WritingWyvern ; Alright. Let's roll 
    You run up and stab him in the back. He falls over and starts to bleed out. The mercenary lady just looks at him bleeding out on the ground "Oh good. You did the job for me." *She pockets the sack of gold she was going to give to the man* "Hmpf. A spy of the King. Yeah right"