Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Mercenary Companions

The card kindred means you are related to two companions somehow, which made me decide to create Merc Companions, which after making the bulk of the companion deck, are no more. Here is my attempted Revamp! 

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Comments

• edited July 2
    I edited a few of the Companions to make them seem less samey and to give a wider-range of effects than just damage.

I changed Kobold to roll two dice - meaning they probally arn't gonna fail, and they can crit succeed/fail.

For Keen, they have more versitality - rather than copying Dvergr with a 20 damage ?, they can do 10 damage ? heal for 20 and out of danger or Inspire. Not sure if inspire should be next ability or have that effect last for a round of combat. Up to the GM, but they can either do one of those until they get a new attribute or choose when the effect occurs. 

For Dwelf, i felt that they didn't get much compared to others due to the item nerf, especially in comparison to Chad Gnome, so i gave them more options. 

My Main problem with this is how these are all 1000 gold companions, and i agree with that pricing for them based around what they do and normal 1000 gold companions, but there's 9 of them and i don't want to over-saturate dwarfs. Maybe something along the lines of Slavery is Illegal, so you can only sell these for 500 gold?

• Rob mentioned he had an idea for what he was going to do with Mercenary Companions,but he wouldn't release them in the base set of season 4. (Though I do hope they are released before the next season of the show, or not too long after it starts.)

• Ya i'd potentially like to try mercenaries that are already "story" characters, generic NPCs are okay for naming them but often get ignored.