Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

UForums: The Knights Who Say Yis (Canceled)

Of all the Militaries of all the Dwarven Kingdoms, none stand so out as the legendary Knights who say Yis. The Elite unit of the Abracadab Army, these famous Knights were founded by the first King of Abracadab, Mazdak, in a time of great peril. Although that peril has long been forgotten, the many deeds of the Knights has not; from slaying countless Whelplings in the First Dragon War, to preventing the many Communist Coups against Mazdak and his Daughter, Mythra, the Knights are a proud symbol of heroism, chivalry, and of Abracadab itself.

Today, the Knights who say Yis are going over their standard routine; training themselves and their assistants, the Hat Rats, whom the Dwarves of Abracadab love dearly, at the Barrack of Yis. Rumor has been spreading that Golestandt, the Dragon Aspect of Darkness and Death, has reawoken, though the Queen, Mythra, hasn't confirmed anything to them yet. Regardless of whether this threat is real or not, it is important for them to train regardless, for any event that may happen. And unbeknownst to them, a long forgotten threat will be returning to them, this very day...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLAYERS:
@PufflemoreClair Circe - Okagnoma Gnome Magician - Robo-Hat Rat
@Jj_TeRroR_jJLucy 'Lightwave' Achameno - Dwelven Bard - Engorged Hat Rat
@Gushy48 - Blade Marowpaw - Dwarven Higimonser - Hat Rat Horse
@LoreteckZazzs Zaxtolt - Tall Dwarf Wizard - Barney the Hat Rat Patsy
@Toruk - Drew Aero - Tall Dwarf Lumberjack - Inkblot Hat Rat
@Murlin22 - Relmar Yol - Clown Magician - Hat Doorrat

Comments

• We join our heroes at the Barracks of Yis, being instructed by the leader of the Military Organization, Cavalier Alexai Curtov, on their training schedule for the day.

In a deep, elegant voice, Alexai Curtov says "Yis, yis, yis."

(Alright, since none of you are Abracadab Dwarves, I decided to try something funny; I need all of you to roll to see how well you know the Abracadab Language.)
  • @friskyBrisky
    do I get a mod because I am his apprentice so I assume she would got lessons from him?
  • @friskyBrisky
    I could roll, but i'd like to make the argument that since I was created on the orders of King Mazdak, in response to the plague, and made a living in podcasts in various languages, I feel like I would have a good grasp on the language because of that.
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ (Hmmmmm, alright, I'll give you that.)

Lucy flawlessly hears exactly what the Cavalier says. (Men and Women of the esteemed Knights,) he says, (I am very proud with all of your training so far. I have, however, noticed that some of your Hat Rats are not up to snuff with regards to their training. So today, we will be training your Hat Rats, in the ways of Physical and Magical Combat. I expect the same level of expertise in your Hat Rats that I expect in you.)

(Also,) he continues, (Some of you may have heard rumors that Golestandt has been awoken. Currently, I can neither confirm nor deny these Rumors. However, regardless of whether they are true or false, it is important for all of us to maintain our training, for any threat, be it from the Living, the Dead, or Death itself.)

@Murlin22 Relmar hears (Today we train Hat Rats good. I don't know anything about a Dragon).

@Pufflemore (Nope, this makes things funnier.) @Gushy48 Claire and Blade, having the weakest grasps on Abracadab, only hear (Hat. Dragon Lies).
  • @friskyBrisky ;
    *she looks to her master and mouths "ummm i am not sure everyone here got a good understanding of Abracadab Sir." 
  • @friskyBrisky
    "Yis, Yis yis, Yis."
    She responds

(Understood, Sir. Big Cheddar isn't great at fighting, but I have confidence that he will be able to be useful in a fight in some regard. He is a bit timid after all...)
  • edited June 28
    @friskyBrisky
    Blade doesn’t care. He has blades to attend to. He’s off to the side, polishing and sharpening any blades he got to perfection. If his officers need him, they’ll have to call him.

Because blades.
  • @Gushy48 ;
    umm gushy I am right behind Alexia

• @friskyBrisky Come on lineage work! 
  • @Pufflemore
    Oh, my bad. 
  • @Toruk Drew, having had ancestors from Abracadab, is able to understand Alexia perfectly.

@Pufflemore "No," Alexia says. What Claire hears is (Train tongue. Pen.)

What Drew (@Toruk) and Lucy (@Jj_TeRroR_jJ) hear is (That's unfortunate, Madame Circe. I had hoped that hands on experience with Abracadab would have helped you learn about the language, but I guess Gnomes are more into reading and writing then vocalization. Perhaps you need to take notes on the Abracadab Language to better understand it? I'll get you a pen and a piece of paper when I can.)
  • @friskyBrisky ;
    *she looks down a bit sad thinking he is mad of her 
  • @Pufflemore (@friskyBrisky)
    "He's saying that he had hoped that you would pick up on Abracadab naturally, but now thinks you'd potentially learn it easier by making notes about the language instead. If you'd like, I could help you learn a bit of Abracadab after training."

Lucy says to you, noticing the mistranslation which appears to have happened.
  • @Jj_TeRroR_jJ
    ”oh, sure thing.” *she says with a smile 
  • @friskyBrisky @Jj_TeRroR_jJ

Drew would speak rather rapidly with a slight Oceanrian accent as he responds* 
    "Yis Yis yis yes yis!" (Oh! Training with Benny? That is easy mate, we been through a lot in the deep Inkwell Jungles back home so we got some equal works. And now with Horis! We are even better. Horis is a big and shy guy though. Also, why did you doubt my ability to talk? I can talk all day in the proper language of Abracadab just like my ancestors")
  • @friskyBrisky

I know my responds but let's see how good I can hear this.
  • edited June 28
    @Loreteck Zazzs also understands Abracadab, but he hears everyone's Abracadab voice as the stereotypical Abracadab Voice. Barney, the Hat Rat Patsy, can't fully comprehend Abracadab.

@Pufflemore @Jj_TeRroR_jJ "Yis!" Alexia says.
    (Yes, that is exactly what I said! Good work Mrs. Achemeno) (Yes.)

@Toruk "Noh, noh," Alexia says.
    (I never doubted your ability to understand me, Knight Aero. Although I do sometimes worry about the Inky Skelephelk, what with it being an Ageless creature and all.) (Never doubted. Worried about Ageless.)
  • @friskyBrisky ;
    hey did Clair had a vision lately? and is it about Golestandt awakening 
  • edited June 28
    @friskyBrisky
    "pffft are you serous We should be focusing on us then some hat rats especially our magical training forget physical esspicaly for the zazzs of course cause we all know." he points dramticaly up into the air "THAT THE ZAZZS IS KING OF ALL MAGIC!" then looks back alexai"besides Why does the zazzs need o take detour just because his lesser peers suck with training there hat rat with magic.Unlike the zazzs of course."
  • edited June 28
    @Loreteck @friskyBrisky ;
    Lucy just looks at Zazz for a brief moment, before turning back to Alexai with a slightly concerned expression.

"Yis, Yes? Noh, Yes..."
    (Did Zazz skip his ego management training again? I thought something was said about making him more compatible with working alongside the other knights. This could be a problem if the rumors about Golestandt prove to be true, hopefully it isn't going to be such a situation...)
  • edited June 28
    @friskyBrisky *Drew would hold onto Horis's inky leg* "Noh! Yis no" (What! Horis is amazing and perfectly fine.  Don't you worry at all. Horis is well trained until he is not. The big guy is still getting used to his inky self like I was for a time. You don't just go into the ink an instantly know what you can do") (Nice Ageless. Ink self is slow but good)
  • @friskyBrisky ;
    Clair is just standing there looking back at forward to whoever is talking confused as heck
  • @Pufflemore (No, not yet. If you want though, you can try, but you might not have the ability to just see things at random.)

@Loreteck "You're not King of Magic," Barney says with a British Accent. "You're just a loon."

@Jj_TeRroR_jJ @Loreteck "Noh, noh, yis," Alexia says.
    (I don't care what you feel like calling yourself. You are in my regiment, and in my regiment, we keep our Hat Rats in top physical condition. Magic is all well and good, but in a crowded situation, you need the precision of your body. And obviously, Madame Archemino, we need to keep training him in the ways of humility.) (Don't care. Peak Hat Rats. Magic Bad Sometimes. Need Humble.)

@Toruk "... Okay," Alexia says.
    (Alright, but keep a tight leash on him, if you understand me.) (Put on Leash.)
  • @friskyBrisky ;
    she doesn't because I assume you are referring to the seer class and she is a magician 
  • @friskyBrisky  ;@Jj_TeRroR_jJ ;
    "Pah your all just jealous that you don't have the awesome, amazing ability to zazz up any ability like I can, But the zazz will play along since if he is ever to be also king of card games I most get used to situations I am not in depth in and use the most of it towards my advantage, So bring it on!.....so what's this training again?"
  • @friskyBrisky @Loreteck ;
    Lucy sighs, and mutters to herself quietly while shaking her head.

"Noh, no..."
    (If it wasn't part of my job, I'd really hate to work with someone so egotistical like that. Someone'll need to teach him not to be such an narcissist someday before people turn their backs on him because of it.) 

• (Okay, I'm back now. What's going on)
  • @Gushy48 (Nothing yet.)

@Loreteck "I don't even know..." Barney admits.

@Jj_TeRroR_jJ "Yis?" Alexia asks of Lucy.
    (If you wouldn't mind relaying my information to the others, who seem to be having problems with my accent.) (Speak to them please.)