Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

The Warlock Class! (S4 Updated)

Hey all, Emp here!

So I was tinkering with the idea of implementing some D&D ideas into URealms and one of my favorite classes in D&D is the Warlock class! So I decided why not and try to implement it into URealms! Each Patron could make the game spicy in their own way, with each adding their own unique flair.

The Warlock class mainly exists as a burst class, as they can burst down enemies at the start of combat through the use of their Pacts. Also their two Legendary Cards kinda dictate their path, with the Pact Weapon making them more of a Melee Class, while their Summon Patron makes them more of a wildcard with a trump card in their back pocket.

custom card

The first card showcased here is the class card. Nothing too important here, just that they add 6 Random Spells and 3 Random Companions to the shop.

custom card

Pact of the Old God is probably one of my favorite because of it's twist on the Great Old One. This one also allows for potential chat interaction into what the Character does. While it might have more of an impact in URealms Live, GM's of home games can probably tie it into fun things, like the Player physically telling the Character things as if they were Sinned. Hmmm...

custom card

Next up is the Wraith! Showcased in A Night to Remember, as Ladrian Cobbler turned into one at the end of the show! This one is fun as it turns the user into an Ageless! Giving them power over the Dark Arts, the Wraith might try to make them spread the word of Bopen!

custom card

Up next is the Valkyrie, which most people know of as the Grand Paladin, but it can also happen as the Legendary Spell Scroll! In this instance, I would say this is the Paladin affiliated card, where you could theoretically summon Gwyneth Sunsword through your pact, or another Valkyrie in your in-game universe!

custom card

The last Pact is the Gumioh. Not officially seen in URealms other than the Gumioh in Azveltara Z, I thought this one would've been interesting to implement as the Earth Pact because of it's connection to Earth and it's ability to transform into an Elven Woman. While this creature is ultimately a companion, it seems like this Gumioh is well known enough to have the roles be reversed!

custom card

One of the two Legendary Cards of the Warlock, the Pact Weapon is a fun card because it gives you the ability to be descriptive about your character. The weapon chosen will have some aesthetic involving your patron. For example, your staff might emanate a little light if it's a gift from the Valkyrie, or a whip might blossom flowers if it's a gift from a Gumioh! This is something that should be talked with with your GM, as this could also tie into your legendary item (if you do those)!

custom card

The last one is probably the most interesting out of the 6th, as it can be used as an ultimate trump card. Summoning a version of your Patron on the battlefield. This card is essentially seen as the "We are in trouble, let's turn the odds." kind of card, where if you use it, you essentially gave yourselves a big boost. Now while this card might have a good Combat use, essentially working as a beefed up clone of yourself, it can also have different roleplay elements! Instead of killing the enemies, a Valkyrie might try to convert them to he Light for example or a Wraith would turn the enemies into an Ageless! This is a nice tool for GM's to be creative with their Patrons instead of making them just killing machines.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed! If you're interested, I might work on some more classes, as I have a few more ideas up my sleeve!

Comments