Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Sonderp's attempts at remaking classes for S4 (Now with 100% more Sorcerer!)

Inspired by CasualCow's remake of the Seeker class to S4, I decided to give it a crack with Deathknight as well. So I've made this thread to collage all my attempts at revising some of the classes that was in Season 3 but haven't been brought over yet, or will just be straight up cut. A lot of these are gonna have drastically changed or even complete homebrew abilities.

Deathknight (and Spinechiller)

The obvious solution that's been proposed with it is to take the S3 version of it and split it in 2 to sort of make it a Dark-based Deathknight and then another ice-based class. So here's what I've done to take a crack at that

Deathknight:
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Spinechiller:
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Sorcerer

Sorcerer used to be my favorite class in Season 3, and I'm sad to see it go, but it was probably for the best. Deep down, I probably really only liked it for Blink anyway. It was the old class of Basic abilities. Most of the really good abilities the Sorcerer had in Season 3 have all been turned into basic abilities, so I've made a revision of the Sorcerer that's almost like a mirror of the Wizard. Whereas the Wizard has almost all Anytime abilities and only one regular, I figured the Sorcerer could go the opposite, where it has a bunch of different options to go for with Regular abilities, that provide it with as much utility as possible. For the themes of the class, I've sort of tried to tie it in with the schools of magic in D&D, where each of its abilities ties in with one of the schools. I also went for a neat circle of elements, where all of its abilities connected to eachother with the elemental gems while covering all elements.
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Comments

• Looks pretty good! Love the name for the new one. The only potential change I'd make is increasing the Axe of Malice to 40 dmg. Previously it dealt more than double the Damage of the next highest weapon(10), but at 30 it is only at double the Damage of the normal 15. Though balance is still up in the air so who knows really.
  • Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I didn't realize how much better regular action attacks had gotten with making the norm for good weapons 15 @MasterDJV
  • Personally I'd rework Dark Frenzy - Gamemasters work in different ways, and not all of them have light spells, making it an anytime for one basic attack in most situations. But I do love the idea of a Dark Frenzy, using dark power to enhance them, but maybe not a much, much worse seven sided strike. 

custom card

This card is balanced that if anyone other than a deathknight got the card, it's not to useful beyond absorbing their health and becoming a large tile for a turn. With a deathknight and beign a large tile, you'd do 60 damage a round, having used one of your anytimes to go dark frenzy. This means you'd have to use two of your remainign anytimes, to do 60 damage each to a single target. It adds a lot of flair, and the living weapon part of Axe of Malice maxes more sense witht his addition, absorbing strength from their victims. @Sonderp ;

• So for Bane of Ice: -40 stamina and it becomes a 15 damage weapon, which is now the regular amount for classes.Getting two additional ice spells would be rare in s3, but with a much more limited shop with s4, i don't think Bane of Ice is too useful compared to Beserker, or Ranger or the other basic attacking classes.
  • Eh. I think your Frenzy is a bit wordy and complicated @Dart ;, especially compared to the rest of the class. I see what you're going for but I think its too much too much. If it were to be changed, I'd personally take it this way:

custom card

More of a Dark rampage where you go all out. Great for slashing through hordes or a squad until you crit fail. The 4 upfront Bonus Actions may be a little excessive but IDK how S4 will balance out yet lol
  • Spinechiller feels a bit weak compared to Deathknight, if you pick up all the class spells then you only deal 15 base with Bane of Ice (which is 30 because of Frost Cut). But this is a good start.
  • Yeah, I guess doing just one basic attack with an anytime and anytime ability in certain circumstances would be quite underpowered, @Dart . Your idea seems quite interesting and has a lot more flair, but I feel like there's a bit too much info in the card that makes it much more difficult to wrap your head around every little detail of how it works.
    I think it works just fine if the Dark Frenzy is just scaled up a little bit. Like I know it's mostly just a worse Seven Sided Strike unless you're fighting the Grand Paladin or such. I also don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with Dark Frenzy just being a modified version of Spirit Rush, since this ability goes pretty well with the Axe of Malice and organically works around the restrictions of it, rather than just saying that you ignore the restrictions.
    So I'd rather just try and adjust the balance of how many basic attacks it gets. Like see if it works best as "x many attacks+1 for each light spell" or "x many attacks, more/double if they're a skilled light mage".
  • That's a good point, I guess making Bane of Ice have 10 base damage would make Frost Cut deal 40 if you got all the class spells, the same as an Axe of Malice Deathstrike. And when you're building up the damage of the weapon more than that, you're draining away the armor and race stamina and such to fit more spells to increase the damage. And even then it probably won't be too bad since Berserkers easily deal 60 damage now. @CasualCow
  • edited June 26
    @Sonderp How's this? 

custom card

Less Wordy than the last one, but instead of keeping track of targets killed by basic attacks and bopping skilled light mages a second time, when you kill a skilled light mage its a big rush of power, which can take you out of danger. 

• Rob
    Rob
    edited June 27
    Death Knight is benched because it potentially has Minions and Minions don't exist in S4 atm. It doesn't make sense to have the class until it can have it's Minion cards as well, same with all classes who have a minion based theme.

Also splitting classes into 2 is silly. There isn't a single S4 class that makes sense to turn into 2 classes rather then keeping 6 cards and moving more to generic. In order to make 2 classes you ultimately have to keep cards that aren't strong to begin with.

For example, axe of malice is so boring. It might be the most boring weapon if you compare it to other S4 cards right now. All it does is a ton of damage. It can't change or be buffed. You can't combo it. It just does a lot of damage and has a ton of words on it that tell you not to have fun with it.
  • Thanks for the feedback, Rob. Now that you mention it, there are quite a lot of stuff here that's generic enough for everyone to do without being a dedicated "Deathknight". I didn't really realize just how boring most of the Deathknight stuff was that I put on the pure Dark one was.
  • Took a crack at making Sorcerer for S4, since it was one of my favorite classes in S3 (even if only for some of its spells that then became basic abilities). It has its own section in the original post and put an explanation of the cards in a spoiler in this post as well. So if you want to just have a look at the cards, just go back to the original post, but if you wanna read my explanations of them, look in this post.
    I know it was talked about making the Sorcerer more of a wind mage in S3, but tbh, I always thought that was a bit boring and not representative of how it played previously. I figured since Sorcerer was mostly just a swiss army knife of spells in S3, maybe making it a Jack of all Traits for spellcasting in S4 wouldn't be too bad either. So I took most varieties of usefulness I could think of, that being close-range high-damage DPR, Long range DPR, Healing, mobility, AOE and make a decent ability for all of those that seems fun and unique enough to be considered too unique to just be Basic abilities (some of them aren't really fun yet, so I'll think of better alternatives or ways to make them more interesting).

cards and explanations:

custom card
    custom card - This is a bit weird of a Passive, the idea is that opponents miss more when you blind them, so it's taking advantage of that, while still having a nice effect even if they're not blinded. It probably could be made into a treasure instead though, so I'll try and think of something more interesting. (or maybe a neat once-per-game effect as well)
    custom card - D&D's Clone, but you can use it as a regular action as much as you want! The primary use of this ability would be safeguards against death, but it could also be used for mobility. "I conjure up a clone of myself on the other side of that pit and then give myself a paper cut to transfer my soul into it!"
    custom card - The most fun way I could think of making a Sorcerer heal people without doing something basic as conjuring refreshments: by using painkiller-Illusion magic and present it as Lay on Hands.
    custom card - Basically lesser Flare, I know this goes against the idea of making class abilities more special while Basic abilities are something everyone could learn to do, so I'll try to think of a cooler ability than this.
    custom card - Roy Mustang, the URealms ability
    custom card - Scaled it up for S4 and basically combined it with Flap, which I think is mostly gone. Pretty good close range DPS if you can position yourself well.

• Did some changes to Sorcerer. 2 armor on the class card seemed a bit uninspired, like I just added it because of how necessary it is for players to pick armor adding classes, so now I changed it to add Weapons instead, giving it a chance of adding Mage hands to the shop (close enough to Magefist). I feel that with the Once per game effect, Shard of Misdirection is good enough to be a Class item here. Changed the name and added an extra effect of Scorching Flame to hopefully make it more interesting, would have to test to see if it's good enough as Flair Shot. I think Placebo Restoration, Conjure Clone, Explosion Cloud and Energy Punchu are good enough (at least on paper, would still have to play test to see if it needs adjustments in practice).

So here are the changed cards: