Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Does anyone else find the Murder Bros worship kind of creepy?

Now, don't get me wrong, that campaign was very entertaining. But, the fans of the murder bros really weird me out with how much they love them. A lot of their fans seem to legitimately think that they are somehow not bad people, when all they did was murder innocents. They are not good people!

I know that you can be a fan of the campaign without thinking they are good people, it just seems like most Murder Bros fans are furry edgelords.

Comments

• I see no reason to judge other people for enjoying some murders in a good campaign
  • It wasn't that they enjoyed the fights, it just creeps me out when people say they want to hae sex with the murder bros and make justifications for all they things they did.
  • Basically the distinction i'm making is between people who thought the campaign was fun and people who seem to think that what the murder bros did was right.
  • You want a good 'bold, but you need the bad gem.
  • I enjoyed it. But i wouldnt call any of them good people. I think its just furry edgelords like you said. (Oh god just saying furry edgelord made me cringe)
  • @nikiduke Yeah, and I find it really hypocritical that people hated Lyn Azveltara for doing something similar. Yeah, Lyn Azveltara was more cruel, but they both committed wanton slaughter of innocents. I really think the murder bros only got away with it becausw they were "furry". The campaign was funny, but i haye it when people make excuses for them.
  • Personally i really don't care about what Lyn did. We already knew the Beenu were dead. I don't care who did it. It wasn't a shock to see them get killed. I think that people only dislike what Lyn did more because Rawb made a conscious effort to say. "Hey. This elf chick and her friends are doing a bad thing here. I'm not gonna give the Beenu a fighting chance to magnify the fact that this was a bad thing" 
  • Major difference between Lyn and the murder bros is that the murder bros killed for silver ( and in some cases for fun ) whilst Lyn killed because we promised her a child. Neither are good people but one is more understandable even if not justifiable
  • I hate lyn as a character and as a person, I like the murder bros as characters but hate them as people. Also the law side was really cool as well. I'm surprised so many people like ghostblade going by the same logic.
  • I agree. Lyn is both a bad character and a bad person, and one of my least favorite parts of the series, while the murder bros were still fun, even if they were bad people. I just hate how fans of the murder bros try to excuse their actions, rather than just admitting that they enjoged the evil characters.
  • Thats just the difference between Player Characters and Non Player Characters imo. Player Characters are always more loved, even more so when your a fan of the Player playing them. I see tons of fans whose favorite Characters just happen to be from the same Player. It's pretty normal considering I make you guys spend 3-4 hours with each of the PC characters. Lyn is one of those cutscene characters you dont see that often. Sure we had Spiff play her in a campaign, but I mean that was already after fans had big opinions about the character.

But the Beenu massacre is very comparable to the Murder Bros wiping out the people in the silverflats. Lyn and her assassins killed all the Beenu at the silver mining facility but the Murder Bros murdered an entire town of villagers at a silver train station. Both events are very similar, but the fans put all the blame on Lyn when there were others with her in that massacre as well.
  • But you blame the commander the recruit since the leader is the one who gave the orders