Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

So I heard you like My Hero Academia? Quirk "Class" in URealms

Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1614485877

I've made two completely different versions of this class, one focuses on taking up half your inventory for one completely random spell to simulate a quirk, and the other may actually be pretty fun to play around with. Version 2 of the class focuses on letting you draw a bunch of random spells and some companions and then letting you merge abilities and/or fuse with your companion. Or you could become Quirkless, making you completely unable to cast spells unless they're items or consumables, but then maybe you'll afford a Legendary Spell Scroll or a broken Armor/Shield combination, while having great basic attacks or non-spell abilities.

I'm probably still breaking some standards of URealms cards, even on the second version, with this class, like I have some spell passives with none as the elemental gem. As a gamemaster, you can spin that however you want like letting the player make that card count as a spell of one element or perhaps letting the player become a "skilled none mage", or just have it not count as a skilled mage for any element.

For a potential version 3, I'd probably make it a race instead, where your racial is to just draw a quirk from a deck with a bunch of pre-made quirks, but I don't know if that'd be better or worse. Personally, I like the idea of players making their own quirk more.

In retrospect, it was kind of dumb of me to call the class "Quirk" since that's not really something you use to refer to a person with a quirk as, but oh well. Maybe for version 3 or 4 I'll rename it something different like "Powermerger".

And if it wasn't obvious enough, this class is based off the work of Kouhei Horikoshi, specifically his Manga series My Hero Academia and the anime based off it.

This work falls under the CC BY 4.0 License and can be used and edited freely as long as you provide credit!

Comments