Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Bopen (what we know and how to kill)

Here is a brief summary of the ideas on Bopen so far

Go for the ring because

"He would venture out alone, with nothing but a Black Ring." and

"Bopen's power was hidden, in a Ring of all things. Forged by the gods, this Ring made him King.

"For no one could slay him, and soon everyone would fall. Bopen took all he could find, no treasure was too small."
Badger_IronHide

There once was a pirate,
named B O P E N.
He was Ageless from the beginning,
and was Ageless till the end.

He was captain of a ship
who sailed and who stole,
any and all treasure
because that was his goal.

To take all for himself,
and leave none for the rest.
Your life or your Magic,
that was his quest.

He would venture out alone,
with nothing but a Black Ring.
The crew waited for his return,
and while waiting would sing.

"Hopen for the Bopen
We pirates will sing.
Surrender your treasure,
or Death we will bring.

Hopen for the Bopen
And plunder the shrine.
Your gold is now gone,
your Life is now mine"

Bopen's power was hidden,
in a Ring of all things.
Forged by the gods,
this Ring made him King.

For no one could slay him,
and soon everyone would fall.
Bopen took all he could find,
no treasure was too small.

Soon he had stolen everything,
and taken all the lives.
With none left to plunder,
his crew would soon die.

And then Bopen was alone,
with no one left to betray.
For Ageless is a curse,
that locks your spirit away.

Those who fear death
will always be afraid.
Because all things must live,
and all things must fade.

The sword is the ring destroy that

CaesarBarringster

Bopen is not a believer because he was stopped in time

Murlin22

Gold is the source of Bopens power

Kreeperkiller63

Legendary / Greater Pyroblast + Alchemist / Fortune Potion and if the GM(Rob in this case) allowed it Cornerstone / Outlaw on the deathroll.

CasualCow

The skeleton body is just being controlled by the sword, the sword is his soul

Plague

Killing bopen is possable because rob said "please describe how you are doing this brutal death roll on bopen, this is very important, I need to know everything about it"

Shane

Kill bopen with Dalfgan, but be careful because should Dalfgan die the ageless get more power. He  has been captured once maybe he could be captured again.

TamTroll

"The creature that killed Virgo Sunsword was no ageless and was no god, an unkillable pile of cursed bones on the edge of ascension, i'd wager."..."It is my belief that something or someone has access to creation magic, and created this monster and being that their are only a handful of wielders of such magic I was hoping Quintara could shed some light on some suspects for us." hint to bopens origins

Zack

No I mean that somehow goldstants mind was separated from his physical being and that ended up becoming bopen some how

Claytonimore20

I haven't seen this mentioned yet so I guess I'll say something. In puppet pals only two things that we've seen are in color, Bopen's sword, and Quintara Lotus. This leads me to think that the sword is made by some divine? I could be totally crazy but hey its a theory.

Lathren

Adding on to the Phanto theory, Phanto is now a dark ring in the sky. Also, we, the old gods, caused Phanto to die creating a dark ring like the poem says.

Mychest88

my theory is that like the grand paladin has the source of all the realms light bopen has the source of all darkness fused to his soul but because hes ageless instead of waiting for someone to do a ritual or whatever it is you do to become the gp since his soul is more then likely not actually connected to his body thus not moving on when he "dies" it probably slowly possesses whoever is in contact with his "ring" for extended periods of time. (aka probably what happens in the fall of Dudinborough to the prince.)

Megabozoman

Comments

• edited December 4
    here is some key points I want to point out.
    Killing bopen is possable because rob said "please describe how you are doing this brutal death roll on bopen, this is very important, I need to know everything about it"
    "The creature that killed Virgo Sunsword was no ageless and was no god, an unkillable pile of cursed bones on the edge of ascension, i'd wager."..."It is my belief that something or someone has access to creation magic, and created this monster and being that their are only a handful of wielders of such magic I was hoping Quintara could shed some light on some suspects for us." hint to bopens origins
    Adding on to the Phanto theory, Phanto is now a dark ring in the sky. Also, we, the old gods, caused Phanto to die creating a dark ring like the poem says.
    my theory is that like the grand paladin has the source of all the realms light bopen has the source of all darkness
    For Ageless is a curse,
    that locks your spirit away.
    Bopen's power was hidden,
    in a Ring of all things.
     Forged by the gods,
    this Ring made him King.
    Phanto is Bopens ring,  so to kill Bopen you need to kill the moon.

edit: also the sword has to be important in same way either as a source of power, or as the link of bopens ring to his body. and I think this because these two lines. 
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet so I guess I'll say something. In puppet pals only two things that we've seen are in color, Bopen's sword, and Quintara Lotus. This leads me to think that the sword is made by some divine? I could be totally crazy but hey its a theory.

Please let me know what you think of this idea and any ideas of your own, this form will also serve as a collection point of bopen data (discounting the wiki)
  • @TheIr0nKn1ght ... Errr, Phanto isn't Mindless. He's dead, and is now the moon. The one who became mindless was Golestandt. 
  • @UnluckyBimi ; oh my bad thank you!
  • I'd be willing to bet here that Bopen is magically based. Seeing as how he has a Purple Aura akin to the arcane tree of magics. As Phineas stated too he doesn't have a dark glow like normal ageless and his bones were in the wrong places. That in account too the golem fought in Dundenborough also stated making a deal with 'him'. Now, he could have been blade made with a magic so powerful he became self aware. Because of that the sword made use of the rather vast amounts of physical magic around it to manipulate it surroundings and create a golem which may feed it magic as some sort of conduit hence the aura.
  • I think we should have a believer kill Bopen there wouldn’t be any bones so Bopen couldn’t reform
  • @Revoltman
    yeah, unfortunately I assume whatever he is he will just float away and find something else to inhabit