Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

MaccianRealms Expansion - 262+ cards

edited October 2018 in Custom Expansions

MaccianRealms Expansion

No-one is sure why it happened, or exactly when, but the realm has changed. Strangers walk it's lands, strange creatures roam the wastelands, new magics are emerging. Madmen shout on the city streets "The Eye is watching". The stories are unbelievable, but you cant shake that feeling. Something, somewhere, is watching you.

Let's start things off with some basics.

TLDR link here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1545119137

Supplies

custom card 

The first of a number of items that allow minor multiclassing. I tried to be thematic with these, but, well, some classes are a little harder than others. But, have I talked about this Potion Mixing Kit? Comes with all the alchemical ingredients needed to create two alchemical class cards, all for the low low price of 150 gold! Whats that? The ingrediants aren't labeled? Sell it anyway. We wont be the ones exploding.

custom card

What's so mystic about this mud? Shamans made it. Or at least someone claiming to be a shaman. 

custom card

Seriously. Don't  drink this.

custom card

Idea from Valkyrie Profile 2. It's an item in that game. 

custom card

Stolen Borrowed alcohol from the realm of holding, could anything else symbolize the Bandito Class?

custom card

You can even cast runes on the runestones.

custom card

At least your party shouldn't starve to death with this.

custom card

Probably purchased from a two dollar store and sold on for a profit.

Enough multiclass cards for now. How about some other useful items?

custom card

Now you wont regret leaving the store without it.... because you didn't. You did buy this, right?

custom card More of a rollplay item, but someone could find a use for it. 

custom card

Like a set of spell scrolls, but for potions.

Utility Pack

custom card

This could be amazing, or pretty terrible. What can I say? I like RNG.

custom card

I wonder how you could open this?

custom card

Oh, that's how.

Following is a new type of item, "Sigils". They offer a defensive option from spells. I'm not going to add a description to each of these

custom card

A "Sign of the Void" is my version of a Sin of the Unforgotten. Something will happen at 5 signs. Currently, Joshua the Flesh Monstrosity is the only one with a sign.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

More roleplay items. This one  could be useful for deciphering ancient texts found in dungeons.

custom card

AKA Megaphone

custom card

Chocobo? That sounds familiar (Final Fantasy) I have experimented with temporary companions with a few cards in this expansion. The main idea would be that they don't take inventory slots, but can only be used in one combat.

custom card

I did this once in a campaign I ran. The player was so unsure whether it was EXP or a damaging potion. (it ended up being EXP, so the player buffed an enemy).

How about some additional potions for the alchemist's (and other people who buy potions) arsenal?

custom card

As you might have noticed by now, "The Void" is a bit of a theme in this expansion. It is the place in between worlds. The great emptiness. The means for how all these new things are entering the realm, and of course where <Redacted>

custom card

You could use this to avoid the dangers of an encounter... or you could turn an enemy into a beach ball.

Weapons

Does anyone even buy weapons for stats anymore? Well, why not buy them for multiclassing? 

custom card

So you can smash your opponents while smashing those chords. Minor inspiration from Monster Hunter.

custom card

If you get the class weapon from these types of cards, feel free to "Upgrade" the multiclass one.

custom card

I feel like I never see monks played. Maybe next season?

custom card

Lore text inspired by Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time". Some other things in here inspired by the series.

custom card

This was almost a focusing orb, then I re-read the sorcerer's description and saw they were supposed to be hybrid spellcaster / meele fighters. 

custom card

Magical bullets. Because who needs to reload?

custom card

I actually checked to see if bronze can conduct electricity. It can, just not as well as silver (the regular thane hammer) or copper and gold (soft materials, not suitable for a warhammer)

custom card

Multiclass on an item, priced appropriatly (I hope). There are several Onion items, so you could try collect them all for the true multiclass experience. Or you could get a lucky with a certain attribute in this expansion...

custom card

Inspired by Stetzer from FF6. A basic ranged weapon, but cool theme (I think)

custom card

Not enough high tier gnomish items in the base game. Perhaps the gnomes that made these types of items came from a different world from the gnomes in the realms?

Armor / Armour

I don't think I was very consistent with my spelling of armor (spellcheck hates NZ English). Please disregard any inconsistencies, or message me and I will change them. Same for spelling/grammar mistakes (except apostrophes, the link to the card breaks if you put them in)

custom card

Haunted armor. Spooky.

custom card

More expensive than other items, because Templar stuff is expensive. Only just noticed while writing this that the card still said Deathknight...

custom card

Was hard to come up with what to give warriors. A weapon? already have it. A Shield? Already have it. Old rusted armour? they didn't have that... until now. 

custom card

Came up with this while in the shower. Thinking on it, so did a lot of these cards...

custom card

I was wondering why Urealms has almost no helmets. How are people protecting their noggins?

Onion Armor

custom card

More Onion gear. Can you collect the whole set?

Shields

Alright, how many characters do I have left before I have to split this into several comments?

custom card

While it is ceremonial, it does still function as a sword.

custom card

I think this was the first multiclass item I came up with. Pretty simple, just slap a sunrune on a shield.

custom card

It has layers. Just like your character, now that you have another class.

custom card

Surprise blocks are great in TCGs. Are they in actual combat? Maybe.

Treasures

custom card

I considered making it an actual weapon for a bit, but a damage value of "Completely corrupts mortal flesh" would have looked a bit silly. Come to think of it, this might even affect some divines...

custom card

From Terry Pratchet's Discworld. If you haven't read Discworld, go read it.

custom card

Also from FF6. Could be useful for coin-flip decisions.

custom card

More chocobo items... when do we meet the actual bird? Patience.

custom card

Originally this item cast the Astrologian (see below) ability starfall, and the black materia was a separate item, but having two treasures summon meteors just didn't sit right with me.

custom card

The opposite of YOLO

custom card

Inspired by Warframe. Big update coming soon(tm) Free to play done right.

custom card

Lets you cast a legendary spell, but at a high price, unless you have an extra life somehow.

custom card

Inspired by Garth Nix's "Old Kingdom" series.

custom card

Balefire was the first legendary spell I made. Don't think any of my players have ever cast it, but oh well. 

custom card

From Hearthstone, almost word for word. High risk item that can potentially just end an encounter.

custom card

There aren't phoenixes in Urealms, right? (Coming in the next update to this mod, wanted to get this expansion out this weekend so I can actually play with all this stuff)

custom card

For when you don't have a titanium greatsword in your shop.

custom card

Had a similar idea in a class legendary thread on the forums ages ago. This could create some funny combos, but hopefully balanced by the fact that the effect breaks if either player messes up.

custom card

From DVZ. What else was berserker going to get?

custom card

The sign of a Blademaster in the Wheel of Time. How these swords ended up in Urealms only the Void knows.

custom card

Upgraded version of the deck of cards from earlier.

custom card

This, like the Sharpsword's 'One's Sheath" can be very funny with the drunken magician's wand.

Cornerstones

Enough items for now, what about the new people walking around the realm?

custom card

Not to be confused with Soldier. Another card inspired by Final Fantasy.

custom card

From Warframe. Spoilers for the Sacrifice Quest. (Sorry)

custom card

While the effect may be strong, triggering it will probably turn literally everyone in the campaign against you. 

custom card

Do I need to clarify where this is inspired from?

custom card

What I love about this cornerstone, is that it is completely pointless. You don't even get the bonus stamina, as it replaces the cornerstone, not adds on top of it.

custom card

RIP machine gun priest. may you never see the light of standard again.

custom card

Hey, that's me! almost. Just need someone to offer me a job...

custom card

The true hero.

custom card

I may seem mad from your point of view, but in my own eyes I am completely validated. Also, I guess we are back to multiclass cards.

custom card

Enchanter was one of the harder ones to come up with an idea for. I didn't just want to give the player an enchanted object, as the class already had that.

custom card

Not everyone has a happy backstory.

custom card

I could have said raised by sandbolds, but they are kinda dicks...

custom card

I came up with this idea, forgot it for a week, then remembered again. I think I remembered the same idea anyway...

custom card

It was about this point that I realized the Buccaneer class wasn't actually in the base set.I even had a card ready for it and everything.

custom card

Were you abandoned to the faeries? Who told you that?

custom card

Minor inspiration from Discworld.

custom card

Never actually read / watched the Harry Potter Series, but my sister is a big fan. Was initially an inspiration from Discworld, but changed it last minute to be a more popular reference.

custom card

I think this is the first multi-class card for a custom class. If you want more info on the classes themselves, keep scrolling.

Attributes

The Void's intrusion has done more than just bring new people into the realms, it has changed those already here.

custom card

Intentional misspelling. more Discworld references.

custom card

The void is no place for mortals. Even a glimpse of... IT... can drive a man mad...

custom card

The opposite of Schizophrenic.

custom card

True Multiclass. How far can you make it go?

custom card 

I'm not a gambling man, but I would say your odds of getting this right are about 1/20.

custom card

Undertale... I wasn't determined enough. Undyne the Undying finished me.

custom card

Not an excuse to be a bad player. Please don't intentionally pPyroblast your sun clerics.

custom card

Back to Multiclass cards. This should be the last batch.

custom card

The attribute multiclass cards were some of the easiest to do. This one was possibly the easiest of the lot.

custom card

The voice sounds like Phineas, FYI

custom card

Goes well with Narcoleptic if you can get two attributes.

custom card

I'm too tired to make proper descriptions for all of these...

custom card

If you manipulate people in board games, and someone notices, you are not going to have a fun game.

custom card

I really don't like the theme of this class, but added it in, just to be fair.

custom card

Probably one of the best ones to get

custom card

Parents got me a calculator watch for Christmas once. I became an actual walking calculator.

custom card

Pretty Obvious.

custom card

I still don't like the name of this one. Meant to be someone who can see across dimensional planes.

Where is the Peasant multiclass card you ask? It already exists in the base set peasant.

Comments

• edited October 2018

Custom Classes

Well, let's get going with these shall we? Have posted a couple of these on the forums before, but want to group the whole lot together.

Custom Class: Mathemancer

custom card

Math? In Urealms? What is this heresy?

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

This spell was broken in it's initial version. I think it has been sufficiently nerfed.

custom card

custom card

IF you have ever used the Arithmetician in FF Tactics (War of the Lions) you will understand how this passive works. It effectively turns all the mathemancer's fairly weak single target abilities into large AOEs. Divider is undoubtably the strongest spell to combo with this, but vector adjustment may be the most fun. God help your enemies if you somehow learn Pyroblast with this.

custom card

GM Note: This isn't like twin fairies. all you have to give is a yes or no answer. it also takes the player's whole turn to do this.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Everybody Jump to the left! And back to the right! This is a fun spell, can also be used to dodge by moving out of the way of the projectile... or turning the projectile around.

custom card

Custom Class: Flesh Monstrosity

custom card

This is the most played custom class so far in my campaigns, and has never disappointed. 

custom card

Basically the core of the class. some companion passives are crazy good. Should probably raise the price a little, but I want the players to have fun.

custom card

custom card

custom card

This is just silly with Drunken Magician's wand. One player cast 8 critical hit spells (on top of about 300 damage) from one crit.

custom card

This acts as a channeling spell, dealing damage every round at the cost of all of your actions essentially. 

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Another temporary companion card.

custom card

custom card

custom card

Custom Class: Geomancer

custom card

Someone played this class once, and immediately got it nerfed for having enough pliances to collapse entire buildings with a single spell. This is why you playtest things.

custom card

The core card of the class. This used to be a weapon, which was dangerous with a couple of cornerstones allowing you to buy almost unlimited amounts of them and deal near infinite damage. Should be much safer as a passive item

custom card

custom card

Also known as: If you have enough pliances, end combat by dropping all foes into the abyss. I may still be a little salty about that final encounter.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

This can get out of control very quickly. GMs, make sure you have some fire handy to prevent the encounter being frozen.

custom card

custom card

From Earth Spirit in Dota

custom card

An alternative to Pliances that, on average, should be a little better, but has less certainty. 

Custom Class: Astrologian

custom card

A Hybrid Warrior / Support caster who's spells have dual effects. The time of day is important to keep track of to ensure your abilities do what you want.

custom card

What is Ultima? That's up to your GM to decide. I would advise against trying to get this. Seriously, opening the campaign fighting against Ultima is a great way to end the campaign early.

custom card

The lack of a range or area on this card is intentional. It hits all foes, regardless of position.

custom card

custom card

Now you can check for invisible traps!

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Custom Class: Voidcaller

custom card

Designed Specifically for this expansion, this class gives some insight into what’s out there.

custom card

The Eye doesn’t care about you. All it wants is… entertainment.

custom card

One of the problems with minions is that they end up blocking line of sight and preventing each other hitting enemies. How do Voidcallers solve this issue? Simple: Stack the minions.

custom card

Short Range teleportation. Always fun, especially for stealth missions.

custom card

Another weakness of minions is their vulnerability to AOE damage. This spell helps mitigate that, but reduces some of the utility of having multiple minions hitting multiple targets. This spell was slightly inspired by Void Lords from Hearthstone.

custom card

If the entire party somehow falls through it, start the campaign known as “The Void” in which the party tries to find a way out before they run out of oxygen, or are torn apart by one of the other denizens of the Void.

custom card custom card

Speaking of denizens of the Void, here’s your chance to meet one. Be careful of the claws, beings from the void need to constantly adapt themselves to survive the hostile environment there.

custom card

A companion, that summons minions, Great! What if I told you there was a legendary void being that summons these companions as an action? (coming soon to a final boss encounter near you)

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Similar to the legendary weapon Thereseesa, this allows you to use your own stamina as bonus power for your spells.

custom card

For the times when you just need an enemy out of the way so you can focus on something else.

custom card

custom card

I’ll admit, I ran out of other ideas for this class on the last ability, but the void causing insanity fits with other aspects of void magic.

Custom Class: Peasant

custom card

The first campaign I introduced this class, 3 out of the four players chose it. Needless to say, they all died, but that shows how a class of roleplay abilities can actually work.

Just in case it isn’t clear, this is a joke class, please don’t pick it in hardcore campaigns (unless you realy want to try a hard campaign with nothing more on your character than a stick and some rags)

custom card

Same as the treasure, but with class art and lore.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Probably the strongest card in this class. The others are all things you can try do with any class, and probably succeed with.

custom card

This card is kind of silly, and really just shows what you missed out on by being a peasant. But hey, if you kill the final boss, you can get your [insert shiny treasure here] back!

custom card

custom card

This basically means, you will deal 3 damage with basic attacks instead of 1. Unless you get a lumberjack’s axe somehow, in which case it’s pretty good.

custom card

custom card

Only Dwarven Peasants, and very lucky ones can ever afford this card. Whatever random class you get, it must be better than peasant.

custom card

*Did I seriously just run out of characters again?*

• edited October 2018

Companions

custom card

The wait is over, the yellow bird has arrived. Based mainly on the chocobos from FF Tactics.

custom card

custom card

custom card

Below are some mercenary companions for the new class, not going into much detail with them.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card custom card

The peasants are interesting, because they join your party whether you want them to or not. They are not very helpful, but some kindhearted players might want to protect them. Others might just feed them to their Void Beast.

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

custom card

Well, What could we follow all that up with? Something beginning with L perhaps? That’s right it’s time for…

Legendary…. Gamemaster Tools.

Just some useful hints for something to make combat a little more “interesting” for the players.

custom card

Again, from the Wheel of Time. Do not, I repeat, do NOT walk into the mist.

custom card

This should surely cure any cold feet your players have.

custom card

Like in that one Deadrealms show.

custom card

This would be so annoying to actually fight in. I think. Never actually been in snow before, doesn’t really snow in my city.

custom card

Hey doc… I don’t feel so good.

custom card

<no comment>

custom card

While this wont affect magicians or chaos mages, this can severely reduce your party’s effectiveness. Use this encounter effect with caution.

custom card

For those times when your party figures out an infinite loop of bonus actions, just drop a freak lightning storm on them.

Legendary Spells

Ok, no joking around this time. Here are some actual legendaries.

custom card

From FF7. This could be used to completely turn an encounter around. Then again, most legendries could probably do that.

custom card

Just… don’t roll 3 ones with this spell.

custom card

That’s right. Impossible Death Roll. You read that correctly.

custom card

I had to, ok? The way this spell is written, it could even affect other campaigns.

custom card

A useful “Undo” button for when things go really wrong.

custom card

3 rounds should give you plenty of time to set up your Coup de Grace on the BBEG.

custom card

So… I guess the campaign is in a forest now.

custom card

The only person who should ever cast this is an insane thane, and even they should realise this will break the whole campaign.

Legendary Items

A lot of these come from the “Tale of Three Worlds” series, which I was reading at the time. Custom made legendaries may be a bit better, but not everyone has time between CC and the campaign to do that.

custom card

Running your finger along the edge to test the sharpness is a great way to lose a finger.

custom card

Currently in my pool of heroes I have Bopen, Virgo and Maelstrom. You can use any character from the show that fits, or even a player who died previously in the campaign if they were suitably heroic.

custom card

Double damage for spells? What madness is this?

custom card

Death roll Poison. That about explains this weapon.

custom card

Which divine did it come from I wonder?

custom card

Triple Damage? Surely you jest. Now Emphavision can deal 29,997 damage.

custom card

The personal weapon of the character I roleplay as in a number of games and on a number of forums. It’s main strength comes from knowing the enemy’s exact stamina at any time.

custom card

Pyroblast it. Do it.

custom card

Yes, this can be used as an impromptu shield for spells.

custom card

The use of this legendary is more up to your imagination, but things it could do in the book it comes from include: Shooting beams out of a sword, Empowering grand magics, resurrecting the dead, melting ice, sating the anger of void deities from the beginning of time…

custom card

Don’t trust the mirror. Unfortunately it’s indestructible and a bad idea to give it away, so just try not to listen to it.

custom card

This doesn’t seem that strong…

custom card

It’s ok, but didn’t  the perfect tesseract also do this?

custom card

Getting better. Though maybe you should stop waking it up…

custom card

I would advise against trying to heal allies at this point.

custom card

What have you done?

Legendary Companions

Watch this space. Currently have 3 planned, there may be more to follow.

Phew, made it to the end. Now, how can I use all these great cards?

Click here - - >https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1545119137

Mad respect to Rob & the team for the amount of work that went into the base game. This expansion took me a couple of months to work on and is tiny compared to the main game, I cant imagine what it took to get the whole thing done.

• Awesome stuff man! I've already taken at least half of these and threw them into my game! Always nice seeing new items I can put in the shop  ~_~
  • mother of god that's a lot of cards