Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

needing help to create a combat encounter

ive been getting into d&d recently after watching urealms from when it started which helped me get into d&d very easy. and the DM uses the calamus app for creating a map to use for his oneshots and campaigns. the place i go to to play d&d has a old flat screen that hes gonna set up so we can use it as a map table when i connect urealms mod from tabletop sim to the tv.
my idea is to do character creation on screen and they write everything down so on the tv during the campaign i can leave it on the part of the map whilst they can move there characters on the tv and roll the dice. ive got a story sorted out but i dont know how to create enemies for stats, stamina attacks etc like lackeys. do i create like character creation or is there a something already out there i can refer to

Comments

• Look under the premade campaigns, their are some encounters their, some of which are really well designed 
  • @thackes I have been told make them characters but make them limited so make the enemies like the companion card or a player character but with limited gold. I would say like 500gold max but its up to you
  • @thackes
    What I often do for my encounters is make a character for the boss, if the boss of the campaign is humanoid, and otherwise just give enemy types two or three abilities they can use, and use 'cinematic health', IE: they don't get hitpoints, I just kill them when it feels like they should die.
    And for things like minibosses (because the standard encounter model is 'miniboss+lackeys') I give them a set amount of health, usually 100-150 and some cooler abilities.
  • @KaeawynShifter awesome ill take that into note as well :)