Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Tragic Heroes

I wanna ask for everyone's opinions on who they believe are tragic heroes in the URealms universe and who their favorite in any art form is. Reasoning as to why is appreciated my friends ^_^!

Edit (Because I work 12 hours shifts and didn't have time to add my own stuff): I believe one of the biggest tragic heroes we have right now who's story is under the radar right now is Lance Willakers. What's happened to him has been tragic and what I think happens to him will determine whether or not he'll do good. My favorite Tragic hero though is Arthas Menethil from Warcraft series. His loss in protecting his people truly is my favorite story ever.

Comments

• My favorite tragic hero in any art form is Itachi Uchiha, my man got done dirty.
  • I feel like an obvious Urealms Tragic Hero is Kallark. He is an awesome fighter who has risked his life countless times for others. Yet, he is cursed to live his life with Carlos forever taunting him and ruining any chance of happiness.
  • @Kingedyou For real though.

@MasterDJV I agree that was one of the people I thought of when I thought of a tragic hero.
  •  I have the generic answer of Gwenyth Sunsword: (spoilers obviously)
    - her unborn child was killed by the man who loved her.
    - her boyfriend died right in front of her (Xavias)
    - she died becoming the grand paladin when her brother refused the job.
    - her father was killed shifting his tremendous responsibilities to her and Galen.
    -  her boyfreind is being infested by a funk that makes him crazy and untrust worthy.

Rigrena is crazy good with her fan art, like just wow.
  • The greatest Tragic Hero is the nameless Gobolf from Kobold Headhunters. Tried to follow his idol's footsteps, only to be killed by him before he even had a chance to prove his worth.
  • Well if we're going by Aristotle's definition of a tragic hero, I feel like that's suited for Galen.

I'd say Galen's downfall started at the beginning of Season 3. It's his own decision, a cowardly one, of giving up the Grand Paladin title to Gwenyth, giving him the tragic flaw of cowardice. That with the Sin of the Unforgotten, Galen has been breaking apart as in in GS:PI. He's a poor poor boi
    • Gwenyth Sunsword = Lost her baby, boyfriend, multiple lovers, the Silvermine Mountain, and father in what appears to be a short amount of time. She is then bestowed the title of Grand Paladin when neither she nor her brother are ready for such a responsibility.
    • Frank Castle = Lost his family & essentially his life, ends up killing all those that have wronged him and the innocent. Each time I see him in Daredevil or The Punisher I feel sorrow for him.
  • My favourite tragic hero in any media is Simon Petrikov, aka ice king from adventure time. He was a researcher and archaeologist who researched magical artifacts, he found the ice crown and put it on as a joke. It slowly destroyed his mind and phyical appearance initially making him a dangerous and unpredictable force that cast ice magic in a age where magic was basically nonexistent. He survived the destruction of civilisation and started looking after the only other human he found, a small girl called Marceline. he promised her he wouldn’t wear the crown however in the back of his mind he knew that if it came down to it he’d have to wear it to save her. Eventually after a long time travelling with her the situation arose where he had to put on the crown to protect her and unfortunately that was the last final nail in the coffin for his mind and he was completely taken over by the crown.
  • Ian Bates never got a chance to be anything.
  • Velvet from Tales of Berseria. Her peaceful life and all she cared about was ripped away from her by someone she trusted. She turned into a monster and was imprisoned by that same person. Upon breaking free 3 years later, she finds that her betrayer is now the savior of humanity, all because of what he did that ruined her life. A peaceful village girl turned into a monster bent solely on revenge that will kill anyone and destroy anything that gets in her way.

Well, quite a few characters from Tales of Berseria have tragic stories now that i think about it.
  • @Gushy48 I agree there. Plus we've yet to learn more about his story too which makes it interesting to see where he'll end up in all of the conflicts.

@TristionSaiara I agree with that as well. They seem very classical in a sense of nobility and finally because of their activism in a way it is bringing their own down fall with what has happened to all of them in the show so far.
  • @Murlin22
    Not sure Simon would still constitute as tragic after the finale
  • @Kingedyou
    i mean... not to spoil it for people who haven’t seen it but his ending isn’t exactly perfect for him since he loses something very important to him
  • @Murlin22
    Yeah that's fair but he did get Marceline back and he seemed really happy
  • @Murlin22
    Actually, I think Betty is a really good tragic hero
  • @Kingedyou
    yeah he got Marcy back and Marcy got him back, Betty... is a really hard character to analyse. Initially he want to bring back Simon seems healthy almost mandatory of anyone who found out that their lover had that happen to them however as she goes on and on her love becomes an obsession that she nearly ends the world to achieve. She’s technically more of an anti villain then a tragic hero but they are very similar
  • @Murlin22
    Yeah that does seem like a more fair assessment though I feel like with Betty the line there is really blurred
  • @Kingedyou
    it really is but the way the show portrays it is as a bad thing ( which I don’t personally agree with ) making it look more definitive then it is
  • @Murlin22
    Yeah they really played up the whole Betty is out of her mind and over obsessed thing
  • @EveryCarpet ;
    Very good ones I would say.