Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Aspects URealms Adaptation (Phase 2)

I made a new thread because I believe that the changes I have made and developed are great enough to justify it. It would require a good deal of rewriting and discarding of information and rules. 

Anyways.

First off, what is this?
This is my URealms adaptation of my fantasy writing project. Adapting my content to the rules and cards of URealms has really helped me think hard about my own world and really be able to properly define or get a hold of my own content. The difference between my world and URealms is that there are more magical elements, more races, and a more complex magic system. Other than that it works just the same.

Second off, how different?
12 magical elements, 12 goddesses (1 for each element), and 11 child races. The big rule I have that differs is that magic is energy, and mass is mass. Energy cannot be turned into mass, nor vice versa, but mass can be infused with energy. I want to play around with some of the rules, like going back to 1 Anytime Action which replenishes every turn but with all the nice things you can do with one and constricting magic by not being able to just memorize spells but needing to bind or record magic on items, say recording a large number of spells in a grimoire or enchanting a piece of armor. Also there is a sort of type effectiveness going on but it serves as a base as I also take into account logic with the elements interactions.

As mentioned before, there are 12 goddesses, each of which has a magical element associated with them and most of which have a child race associated with them. The 12 mentioned goddesses are;

Lux, goddess of Light (Day)
Ignis, goddess of Fire (Heat)
Undine, goddess of Water
Terra, goddess of Earth
Vita, goddess of Life
Sylph, goddess of Wind (and Lightning)
Heima, goddess of Ice (Cold)
Mercura, goddess of Metal
Anima, goddess of Death
Umbra, goddess of Dark (Night)
Sophi'avi, goddess of Wisdom (Knowledge, Time, Space, and all others)
and Voro'avi, goddess of the Void

This is the part where I felt that a new thread was necessary. It took me a while, but I carefully reconstructed and redefined all of the races and then some. Each race is the child of a goddess, making them in-tune with their goddess's element, and each race is divided into 4 categories of cards; Body (Resistances), Blood (Discount), Spirit (Passive), and Blessing (Limited). At the moment, however, I am disregarding the Blood cards because they complicate things in the same way that stamina costs did, which is essentially what they deal with anyways. It should also be mentioned that a lot of the content is based on western mythology, this is especially evident with all of the races as all of them are named after mythological beings. The 10 child races of the goddesses are; 

Angels, children of Lux
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Salamanders, children of Ignis
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Mermaids, children of Undine
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Gnomes, children of Terra
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Nymphs, children of Vita
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Harpies, children of Sylph
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
Snowmen, children of Heima
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

custom card
custom card
Wights, children of Anima
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
and Imps, children of Umbra
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Comments

• edited March 2018
    The first 10 goddesses are divided into 2 groups; the Bonum and the Malum. The Bonum goddesses are the children of Sophi'avi, the goddess of Wisdom, while the Malum goddesses are the children of Voro'avi, the goddess of the Void. The Bonum races are the children of the Bonum goddesses while the Malum races are of course the children of the Malum goddesses. Every race is humanoid in shape, but that is where the similarities end. The Bonum races all have beige skin that darkens with continued exposure to the sun and vertically pointed ears, but hair and eye color are dependent on race. The Malum races are much more demon like in appearance, as each Malum race has horns and tails, but skin tone, eye color, hair color horizontally pointed ears, horn texture, and tail type is different from each other.

I created this universe when I was much younger, so when I look back on it now it is much more 'anime' than I had originally though as there are only human/elf-like races and human/demon-like races, but it is mine and I am going to run with it. 

The reason that each race is divided into many cards is to allow each of them to be mixed and matched in the creation of mixed race characters. Halflings are characters that have the blood of 2 different races in them and are generally accepted depending on the mix, but a character with the blood of 3 or more races in them is considered a Mutt and they aren't very well liked. Some halfling combinations have special names, like Wyverns which are half Salamander half Harpy or Selkies which are half Mermaid half Snowman.

custom card
    custom card
    custom card
    custom card
    custom card
    custom card
    custom card
    custom card

• I am in the process of reworking the fallen cards at the moment but I have encountered issues regarding as to how I should re-implement them. All of the cards I am working on now are pseudo-races that characters can turn into pre or during campaign. These are those;
    Lycanthrope
    Lich
    Vampire
    Succubus
    Concubine
    Ghoul
    Revenant

And I have a hand full of cards that I need to make at a later date. These are those;
    Supplies - Halfling
    Supplies - Fell Cultist
    Supplies - Fell Champion
    Attribute - Necrophobe
    Item - Spell Shard
    Item - Harpy Talons

I had the harpy talons card ready but I think I accidentally deleted it in my documents purge.
  • edited March 2018
    I have made corrections to some of the cards in the first post, and while most of the racial cards I am happy with, some I am not. Some races I was in conflict about as to how they should perform or be written. For example, I wanted Snowmen to be another tanky race but all I ended up doing with them is just letting them half/ignore instances of damage, and I feel that this just may be a little weak. With regards to my plans, Snowmen were the ones that I had least developed, but I did imagine them as self-concerned survivalists, so there was a point that I was going to make it to where Snowmen could force other players to death roll for them, but I felt that this only made them villainous.

Getting that off aside, my real issue lies with the Wights, my dead specialty race. Right now I feel that their cards are a bit wordy, lengthy even. I also forgot to include that I wanted the Wights to be able to detect spirits near them, so now it is a matter of figuring out what I want on the Wight's racial cards. The racial cards are important because it makes the races stand out from each other and it defines as to what certain races can do and what everybody can do. I am thinking that I just simplify the Wight's racial spirit with just the detection of spirits, so that a Wight can just walk up to a skeleton, see the spirit, and it tells them to not step on that tile, it's a booby trap. It feels better to talk about these things, regardless of how well organized this post ended up being.

EDIT: I am clearly tired and need to put this down.
    custom card
  • edited April 2018
    Maybe something to grant you understanding... or interest. How about the prologue? This serves as a sort of creation story that draws parallels with the biblical 7 days of creation story.

Prologue Act 1: Creation
    Day 1: A Thought
    At the beginning of time, there was nothing. A black void, occupied by emptiness, completely mute and desolate of anything. Then, in the barren, vacant space of the void, a thought appeared. That thought was named Sophi'avi, the wisest and most ancient of all the gods, and she took a piece of herself and set it free into the void. The piece then split making two, and the two pieces of Sophi'avi became bright and shined like two stars in the darkness. This was the first day, and Sophia had much to do...
    Day 2: Twin Beacons
    The two pieces of Sophi'avi shined like diamonds in a blank sky, then Lux and Ignis were born and the two gleaming grew to immense sizes, filling the hollow emptiness with two massive balls of light and fire. The brighter more luminescent orb of golden amber color was named the Sun, and the fiery more passionate orb of red hot and orange color was named the Garden. This was the second day, and Lux and Ignis grew tired and went to rest...
    Day 3: Endless Oceans
    The Garden and her sister stood quiet and radiant in the void, glowing and leaving a warmth in the boundless nothingness. Then Undine was born and she wrapped the Garden in rolling waves and oceans, extinguishing the red hot flames and forcing them to hide underneath the layers of molten black rock that formed. This was the third day, and Undine grew tired and went to rest...
    Day 4: Stone Spires
    The oceans that covered the Garden cascaded endlessly over an infinite blue sea that never rested, crashing, lapsing, tossing, and turning for eternity. Then Terra was born and she rose cliffs out of the sea and formed land. Mountains spired above the water and kissed the fickle clouds and the valleys embraced and bathed in the light of the Sun which hung in the vast open void above. This was the fourth day, and Terra grew tired and went to rest...
    Day 5: Life Emerges
    The Garden lay barren and sterile like the sky above it, accompanied by the jagged spires that dominate the the rocky landscape and gaze upon all there was. Then Vita was born and she breathed into the softened soil and life sprung up and painted the land vibrant shades of green. Trees appeared and bore fruit, grass rolled across the hills like waves, and the animals ate from the feast that was nurtured by the soil. This was the fifth day, and Vita grew tired and went to rest...
    Day 6: 
    The Garden basked in the light of its only sister and only companion, the Sun, keeping it company in the awe of the looming abyss, its appetite ever growing. The black veil covered the land and expanded over the seas, the sky was left desolate and the surface vulnerable to it, but the goddess' great accomplishment, the Garden, flourished in the emptiness. This prosperity would prove finite, however, as the stir that the goddesses had created woke an ancient hungerer. Vorri'avi, the great devourer, had been awoken, and she looked upon the Garden with an insatiable hunger. Vorri'avi stood before the Garden and said to all those who could hear her...
    "I created nothing, and nothing I shall return this world to."
    The goddesses, weary and tired from their work, gathered themselves and rose before Vorri'avi ready to defend their creation from her powerful appetite. Like them, however, Vorri'avi was weary as well, having just awoken from her long slumber, so she gazed upon the five goddesses and took pieces of their essence, causing them to falter and become feeble. Vorri'avi fused their essences with her own and bore five children of her own and sent them to wreak havoc on the Garden in her name. This was the sixth day, and Vavorri grew tired grew tired and went to rest.
    Day 7: Tireless Storm
    The air ran and chased itself throughout the Garden, knocking over trees and carrying away animals. Light fell from the clouds like rain but crashed into the surface with terrible power. Scylles ran and danced through the fields and forests with endless spirit, and wherever she ran, the wind followed. When Scylles danced her dance of dynamic vigor, hurricanes formed and shattered all around her. This was the seventh day, and Scylles continued to play...
    Day 8: Bitter Cold
    The rain and water within the Garden froze and turned to snow. The lakes and rivers that ran through it became solid and still. The plants and animals inside the Garden became cold and suffered in the sudden winter. Everything that Heima came near turned to ice. Permafrost formed over the soil and hail fell from the clouds. Snowstorms erupted and covered the land in sheets of white and left anything caught in it cold. This was the eighth day, and Heima continued to wander...
    Day 9: Steeled Intention
    The soil became hard in the Garden, and in some places, it became even harder. The corrupted soil became stronger and more dense than the rocks that composed the tallest mountains or the bones of the most durable creatures. The sharpest mind among all goddesses, Mercura, transformed the soil and rock into metal which could not be cut by the claws of the mightiest beast or shattered by the most violent of avalanches. Having created this perplexing material, Mercura scattered talons made of metal across the Garden's surface which were sharper than the most fearsome hunter's fangs. This was the ninth day, and Mercura continued to fortify...
    Day 10: Mortal Day
    The Sun watched over the Garden and bathed it in its light, but with each passing day Lux grew weaker and found it ever more difficult to hold it in the sky. Eventually, Lux would succumb to her fatigue and fall asleep, letting the Sun fall from the sky and sink beneath the horizon. With the disappearance of the Sun, the Garden was shrouded in darkness, and with the coming of the first night Umbra and Anima were born. 
    When Umbra was born, the Sun had vanished and its light missing, cloaking the Garden in pitch black. While no thing could see in the gloom, Umbra could, but as she was about to join her sisters in chaos, she stopped and gazed upon a pristine and untouched scene she had found and was moved. Umbra had fallen in love with the beauty of the world that the goddesses had created, but as she was admiring the landscape before her, wind, lightning, and ice had fallen upon it and destroyed it, replacing the delight in her heart with sorrow.
    When Anima was born, the Garden had been devastated by the war that the goddesses raged with each other. Anima walked amongst the injured animals and shattered trees and only witnessed pain. She looked upon the ruination caused by the fighting and felt only sympathy for the ill and crippled creatures ravaged by the hurricanes, storms, and metal talons. Anima wished that she could heal them, but she couldn't, so she released the broken from the pain they had endured by freeing them from their shattered bodies and allowing them to peacefully die. Anima released their essence back into the world and their bodies returned to the soil where they came. This was the tenth day, and Umbra and Anima wondered what their purpose was.

What is the command for spoilers/details again? Need proper term for Bonum divines and Malum divines, and I need to settle on a name for the goddess of wind. Can't just keep changing it.