Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Drawing every day for a year (106 out of 365 complete) I'm back?

Comments

• @Phendrix Very cool! Party when?? :)

@Javo Love all the art! The courier's Bane is my favourite. Strawberries are deceptively difficult to draw, you did a good job!

Haven't finished the monkey for this one, but here's another mech. SUIT stands for something but I forgot where I wrote it down, I'll find it eventually. I also went outside and drew some trees because it wasn't freezing today lol.

(113/365)

(114/365)
  • Here is mine for today, a bloody dagger!

• @Javo Perspective on the dagger is good! Looks nice dude.

Finished off the suit mech and then a doughnut for national doughnut day. I'm not from the US but I love burning my tongue on hot jam doughnuts so I thought I'd participate anyway :o

(115/365)

(116/365)
  • Here are mine for yesterday and today! The second one is a bit off perspective wise, but I'll post it nonetheless.

• @Javo Looks fine to me! Love the expression in the first one.

Here's another mech. In case it isn't obvious by now, the theme is monkeys. Not super happy with the monkey for this one but I think the mech part turned out nicely.

(117/365)
  • Last mech for the foreseeable future. Made a typo under B.A.R.R.E.L but I'm too lazy to fix it right now.

(118/356)
  • All those mechs are pritty cool, were they inspired by anything? I see alot of monkeys, @Femmipoo ;

• @Knifu_Waifu Thanks! The theme was mostly monkeys, but a couple of them are (mostly superficial) references/plays on words. The coconut and banana are nothing, but SUIT is meant to be a play on 'monkey suit', or a tuxedo, PAW is a literary reference to the Monkey's Paw and BARREL is a nod to the idiom 'as fun as a barrel full of mokneys'. It was just a short challenge/project I decided to do because I have a terrible habit of never finishing anything. :o

Here's todays, some leaves and flowers. Nothing super interesting lol.

(119/365)
  • Here are mine for the last couple days! I'll try to post another one later

• Here's one for today!

• @Javo Jellyfish is very cool! The lighting and fire is also very cool on the most recent one. :)

Hands! Top row is referenced from here, bottom row is drawn without any references. Aim is to do 100 but who knows I might get bored and move onto something more interesting.

(120/365)
  • @TheGallantKnight ;
    You haven't done any drawings since may 22nd, you need to catch up quickly
  • Here's mine for today! The top could have come out better, but I'll live  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @Javo I think the pattern on the top looks great!

More hands. Decided I don't like how I've been shading them so I moved back to lines halfway through.

(121/365)
  • I really like how these are coming out now that I'm only using lines. More of the same.

(122/365)
  • Wow, Master hand looks great
  • @Knifu_Waifu Thank you!

Tried to be a bit quicker with these ones. Also passed 33% yesterday!

(123/365)
  • Halfway there for 100 hands. Not super happy with all of these but the bad ones just make the good ones look better :o

(124/365)
  • edited June 2018
    Sorry that I've been gone. I haven't had a computer since before fanime (You can thank my dog for that), and I finally fix it to a working condition (after countless hours of figuring out what was wrong...everything) so my goal now is to catch back up to @femmipoo, and hopefully this computer is able to keep under the strain I put it through until I get a new one... 

Now after that ITS GOOD TO BE BACK, and after today I'm going to be putting up character animations for my game, and their portraits (It's going to be what I made that day) that should hopefully catch me back up...

now here's a sketch before I start working on animation...

92/356

• Here are mine for the last couple of days! I've been a bit bogged down by my summer job, sorry for the wait! Two of them are disco themed armaments and the other two are more flowers!

• @TheGallantKnight Glad you're back! Sucks about the computer issues, hopefully it holds up. Love the design dude. :)

@Javo Gotta get that dolla dude. Love everything but the bottom flower is really cool, looks great!

It was getting lonely here lol. More hands, shocking.

(125/365)
  • edited June 2018
    @Femmipoo ;
    The hands looks great, and really fluid.

@Javo
    The flowers look amazing.

Okay since it was father's day today I was short on time to animate so I was only able to get a single portrait done today. And so I need to know if the portrait is ready for the game I'm making.... yea or nay (Be extremely harsh please and I'm going to modify to the suggestions)

Main Character (Gywneth) 
    93/356

and the sprite for Gywneth

• @TheGallantKnight For the first image, I can see that you've added the roots to the flower that ends at her bang, a little nice touch. My needless question wonders where is the one that is at her forehead, or the ... hair roots. 

Other than that, I don't see any problems with the sprites. Looks good!  :)
  • @TheGallantKnight Looks great! It's a matter of prefence but I think pushing the contrast with light and shadow could really make the portrait pop. Pushing the contrast/vibrancy of the colour in general could be cool but that's speculation. You could also enlarge the drawing to fill up more of the canvas but that's a bit of a nit pick. I like the character a lot though! If you want I could go more in depth/maybe paint/edit what I mean but it'd have to wait until I get home from work tomorrow because I want to go to bed lol.

Here's mine for tonight, even more hands. Starting to get difficult to find references and come up with poses, but maybe that's a good thing. Only thirty more to go!

(126/265)
  • @femmipoo id totally be that person to count each hand as a day :smile: theyre looking pretty good btw

• I thought I'd pop back in for a quick update let's start with its midnight I'm catching up on rawb's streams and starting a smol art project, the main reason I started a project at 11 pm on a Monday is because I hate the weekends because I have to work but god I love Monday, so I'm in the process of making a pixel Ca-Rell and I might make some others if all goes well I'll squeeze her in when she's done. Everyone's art is looking great and well done on being turned all gold and shiny, have a great day; wherever  :D
  • @Femmipoo ;
    The hands still are looking great.

Also  I tried working with the Gywneth picture with its shading and color scheme needless to say it was a monstrosity, so I just fixed up the lips and small things( I don't feel like I did enough to post it again) then worked on this character. 

Tom 94/365
    (Also there's a lot of empty space since I need to make sure every photo is the same size so I can program it easier in the game, and still have proportions of characters still the size I want. ) And I need to fix up the flowers with this one, but what else can I fix

• Here she is, this morning I decided I wanted to make her mace separately this was after I failed to make Heathera so here is Ca-Rell and her Mace
    Ca-Rell Pixel Art
    I am super happy with how she turned out!
    Ca-Rell Mace Pixel Art
    I gave the handle of the mace a rainbow outline because it looked pretty plain without the RAINBOW!  :3 
    I might make some more pixel art because it was so much fun to do, I used the website https://www.pixilart.com/ it's simple to use and I recommend it if you want to try this sort of thing out, @TheGallantKnight Your drawings are still looking great I think while participating in this you've developed your style more.

Bye  :D
  • Here are mine for the last two days! A goldfish in a bowl and some sort of plant, maybe sea-life

• i may not post ever single day due to how long it takes me to draw something but here is a teasre on a project i am working on