Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Drawing every day for a year (104 out of 365 complete) I'm back?

Comments

• Couldn't get the feel just did a quick drawing of young virgo doing some writing.
  • Heres mine for today, a dragon (Asian style inspired) drinking tea

• @Javo I like this image very much and I don't know why.
  • @Femmipoo I plan on doing the entire cast if possible

I think I will take a break from doing pictures for the next couple of days since I have strep, and don't feel motivated to draw at the moment.
  • edited February 18
    @Melijeli ;
    Does your character have a name???

@Femmipoo
    Ms paint for the family friendly win. Also the shading is absolutely fantastic on that pun of a creature.

@Zenn_
    I happy that you gave young Virgo a whirl at creating. It looks really good.

@Javo
    Looks pretty nice.

Now for todays drawing

It's okay 2/17/18 

(I just realized I need to make a consistent art style eventually.... Oh well.)

Now it's that random time of the week where I'm going to ask you guys for characters suggestions from Urealms you want drawn tomorrow so give out you suggestions and I'll try to carry one out. Window of opportunity to ask is now till 2;30 pm tomorrow.... so yeah..
  • @TheGallantKnight She doesn't have a name but she needs one because I'm going to make myself re-draw her every 2 years, I'll suggest Ca-Rell because she's one of my many favourite characters

• edited February 18
    @Zenn_ Good ol dorky virgo! I like that he's writing with a feather, nice touch. I wonder what he could be writing about?

@Javo I like that the dragon's tail is a tea leaf, but also I just have a soft spot for dragons in general haha. Complementary colours are great too!

@siennamydog Hope you get better soon! Excited to see the rest when you come back. :) 

@TheGallantKnight I think your art is pretty recognisable, but I totally get what you mean about feeling inconsistent. My drawings change every week lol. Is there a story that goes along with today's painting?

Mine today is inspired by @Melijeli 's 'Taurmaid' comment on my drawing from yesterday, a minotaur that's also a maid? Obviously not how it was intended but I still thought it was funny. Not much else to say except that I went for a batman/old comic feel mostly because I thought a superhero maid minotaur would be funny.

(6/365)
  • @Femmipoo started laugh-crying as I saw this it's so perfect  xD
  • Draw the man the myth the legend
    Bobby bob bobertson 
  • I've done lots of little drawings today because I didn't have time for a big one since it's my mum's birthday but I managed to sort of the concept of weird space people and draw the child (9-ish yrs old) version of still unnamed girl except that's kind of scary because I can't really do body's.

Also they're a tad blurry because #badphotographer
    Shaky Shity Chyld
    2 picograph

• Here's mine for today, two strange eggs in a nest

• @Javo
    Have you ever played Dragonfable? I'm getting some serious dragon egg vibes from that
  • @TheGallantKnight If you really are interested in doing fan Characters, you could do one of the more interesting Characters from one of my UForum Campaigns: Duchess Revi Blazers, from Liberating Azmaca. She's a Dvergr Magician.
  • edited February 20
    @Femmipoo ;
    The Minotaur maid works frighteningly well, and is one of the best things I've seen today.

@
    Melijeli
    She looks incredibly happy/ cheerful.

@
    Javo
    Looks great, and the texture of the nest looks great. (Now I'm starting to think of monster hunter.... Welp time to spend all tonight playing that now)

Now for today's drawing 

asked for by
    @bl1ndn3rd ;

Bob (Being stabbed by Bopen) 2/18/18

Also I had to rush this one since I had some stuff to do today, so tomorrow I'm going to try to make some higher quality art tomorrow.

@friskyBrisky
    I might draw her tomorrow... Also yeah I will draw someone's oc if people want me to, but only if they're somehow related to Urealms. Or from a campaign someone makes. 
  • @TheGallantKnight ;
    Oh snap.
    My request was picked, nice.
    Also, you do Urealms OCs? That's cool...I have a few I'd be willing to request if you're okay doing them 
  • edited February 19
    @Melijeli Glad you like it! With your picture, there's nothing to worry about it, it's a very good start! Unrelated to bodies and anatomy but I really like the way you did the hair.

@Javo Looks good! The different pattern on each egg is super cool.

@TheGallantKnight Rushed or not the result is very nice. R I P Bob. :(

Had some PC issues today and thought I lost everything I'd ever drawn digitally ever (srs tho backup your stuff!), but thankfully it was just a false alarm that lasted most of the day lol. In the spirit of spending most of today mourning thinking about my old drawings I did a redraw of something I did almost exactly a year ago. I think it's aged pretty well because I still like it a lot but hopefully I've improved a bit since then anyway :p

Old one first:

Then here's the new one:

(7/365)
  • My project for today and tomorrow is to draw all of the players, so far I have managed to do Rob (badly), Coe (dreadfully) and Deadbones (actually pretty well) I won't post the collection till all are complete.  :D
  • Heres one for today! This is one that I drew about a week ago, but the one I was doing today turned out too badly for me to feel good about posting. So, here it is, a car!

• edited February 20
    @Femmipoo
    You have improved a incredible amount in the past year. The new attempt at the character looks absolutely stunning. (Also the original still has a nice simplistic charm to it)

@Melijeli
    Looking forward to seeing the cast.

@Javo
    At least you're continuing to draw, also the car looks really nice.

Now for today's drawing

requested by @friskyBrisky ;

Duchess Revi Blazers 2/19/18

I may have taken some creative liberties when drawing her, but I tried to keep the main theme of the character. (Hope your fine with that) 

(Still can't keep a consistent art style..... oh well)
  • @Melijeli Sounds good, I'm keen to see them!

@Javo Haha that's too real man, happens to me all the time. Car looks great though, nice work.

@TheGallantKnight I like it! Definitely captures that duchess feel.

I like the creatures in urealms so today I drew an eaglebear. Based on a bald eagle but in hindsight maybe a different type of eagle would have been better because I think the bright white face looks a bit goofy.

(8/365)
  • @TheGallantKnight That's awesome! And @Jj_TeRroR_jJ (The guy who made her) thinks it's awesome too! :)
  • @TheGallantKnight
    Yeah, like frisky said, you really captured the idea and look of her here!
    It really looks great.
    Maybe if I get a character I really like in the future, I could make them a suggestion for you the next time you open for suggestions.
    :)
  • Here's mine for today, a torch!

Ignore the color dots on the side, those are in case I couldn't re-find the colors I used
  • Also, here's one for tomorrow because I won't be here, a cross-section of a tree.

• Here's one more buffer, a rather low quality, but I am posting it because I like the shape that the horn took

• edited February 21
    @Femmipoo ;
    That's adorable.

@Jj_TeRroR_jJ
    Looking forward to it.

@Javo
    Everything looks pretty good, but the torch is my favorite out of the three.

2/20/18 (I haven't slept in the past 24 hours so I need to sleep so here's something fast.... I'm going to pass out now)

(and the art style change continues)
  • Right, okay so I have changed what I was doing slightly I was going to draw every player (DB, Coe, J-man, Roamin, Spiff, Millboi and Niso) However I got to Roamin and was so unhappy with the drawing I knocked myself back and have lost the motivation to draw the last 3 peeps (Sorry), I will draw them at a later date but not now because I just don't feel like it.

Rawb
    Rawb

Coe

Cooster

Deadbones 

DB BB lt3

Justin

Justin

No-amin

No-amin

In my opinion best to worst goes DB, Rawb, Justin, Coe, Roamin.

Now I'm going to go and lie down and think for a while. :heart: 

• @Javo All of them are good but I espcially like how the rings look on the tree!

@TheGallantKnight 24 hour day on a weekday? Absolute mad man. Looks nice even if it was just a quick one.

@Melijeli I think roamin (and the others) looks fine, but it's okay if you're not happy with it. Sometimes you just have off-days where nothing quite comes out the way you want it to. Hopefully you feel better for a rest though! :heart: 

Thought I fixed my computer issues but apparently not because they're back lol. Here's some traditional art instead today, ya boi maelstrom taking a chill pill even though he's a dragon or whatever. I might edit in a scanned version later because there's a few mistakes I want to touch up in photoshop when I get my pc running again, but for now it's just a badly lit phone pic.

(9/365)
  • edited February 22
    @Melijeli ;
    They look fantastic. Also Rob's portrait is my favorite out of the bunch.

@Femmipoo
    I guess even all knowing maelstrom needs a coffee break every once, and a while to away from the old gods. 

2/21/18 Here's a round of applause (I'm probably going to come back to redo this in the later months when I have time to animate) 

To be honest I know how to properly animation (decently) But I have about 4 more hours of Ap homework due tomorrow (Thank you procrastination)  so I need to get that done.... and not be tempted to make the animation decent..... the urge is strong must resist, MUST RESIST...

Side note: Tomorrow I'm going to try to carve out some time so I can decently animate something fun :drunk: