Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Custom Class Dump [Lightbender & Shadowcaster}

I've been running my own custom campaigns for a good few months now and throughout the course of my campaigns I've found myself coming up with new class ideas and making them into their own separate entities. This is a collection of all of the current classes I've come up with, I'll be sure to update this forum frequently when any new class comes out. Enjoy. 
"This work falls under the CC BY 4.0 License and can be used and edited freely as long as you provide credit!"

Exorcist - One who abolishes souls

Exorcist is a damage class that works around the mechanic of souls.
(An exorcised enemy is an enemy who's soul has been separated from their body, exorcised enemies can no longer move, an exorcised enemy will always return to normal after 1 whole round of combat.)
custom card

Ancient Cap
custom card

Astral Vortex
custom card

Consume (Target HAS TO BE exorcised for this)
custom card

Draining Strike
custom card

Exorcise
custom card

Hate Sphere
custom card

Menacing Wave
custom card

Mirror Image
custom card

Reality Release (Only in this form can damage be done to exorcised souls, you're able to stay in this form for as long as you want and can cancel it at anytime. ALSO when entering this form I duplicate the tile of the person using it so that their body can stay where they cast the spell but they can still move as a spirit it's up to preference though.)
custom card

Siphon Soul
custom card

Soulblast
custom card

Soul Sap
custom card

Lightbender

The goal of the lightbender was to make a tank who provides a decent amount of utility but can also pack in the damage after a few rounds.
custom card

Armor of Light (Passive DOES apply to Healing Light and Light Burn)
custom card

Lightsaber
custom card

Lux Shield
custom card

Light Burn
custom card

Blinding Light
custom card

Control the Light!
custom card

Hidden in the Light
custom card

Ignite
custom card

Mass Blind
custom card

Purifying Light
custom card

Splitting Light
custom card

Wall of Light
custom card

Shadowcaster

Shadowcasters fall under the damage classes and are able use spells through a movable and invincible shadow. (You're going to have to use a separate token for the shadow)
custom card

Dark Shadow
custom card

Sucker Punch
custom card

Entomb
custom card

Purge Light
custom card

Shade Slash
custom card

Shadow Bolt
custom card

Shadow Sneak
custom card

Shadow Sprint
custom card

Shadow Steal
custom card

Shadow Swap
custom card

Shadow Vision
custom card

Sinking Uppercut
custom card

Thank you for reading! I'll be sure to add more in the future, I have a few more unreleased classes that I'll release if requested to, I'd just have to rework a mechanic or too and make or more public friendly.
"This work falls under the CC BY 4.0 License and can be used and edited freely as long as you provide credit!"

Comments

• Added both Lightbender and Shadowcaster, enjoy!
  • edited February 2018
    ... The Thaumaturge's "Exorcise" ability seems pointless. - Control the Light's card has the wrong name. - Splitting Light's way too OP, should just be a normal death-roll, since allow for multiple brutal death-rolls from just a limited is wayyyy too OP even if it was a legendary limited it'd still be way too OP (although it'd be justified if it was a legendary limited). - Sucker Punch really shouldn't be a passive, as it comes across as an actual active ability you'd trigger yourself. - Shade Slash is also OP, allowing a non-limited to do 80 damage (120 if purge light has been triggered). It should either be changed to a limited or reduced damage to like 20 normal 30 from the back (since even 30 from a normal ability is higher than the average without any additional requirements). - Shadow Sprint's card has the wrong name. - Sinking Uppercut is also kinda OP with it being a 50 damage normal attack and a knockback. Should be around 25 damage or maybe 30 at a push. - Armor of Light's "15+ rolls at the start of the round increases all light-magic damage by 10" is also kinda OP, should probably reduce it to like 2 or 3 since 10 is essentially adding a free basic attack on top which'd stack, or just make it +10 for that one round and then resetting. Purge Light should be a 1-round thing since a 20-damage increase (and like I've brought up about shade slash) is OP for a perma-thing for one combat. - That's all my specifics, but these 3 classes are pretty powerful and kinda broken. They make alright legendary classes, but they could do with a fair bit of balancing. (And thus ends my criticism). Interesting classes though. - On another note, the "Thaumaturge" really is more of an "Exorcist" since its' entire class is built around the idea of exorcisms more-so than miracles.
  • @UnluckyBimi Thanks for the criticism, I will make changes to the cards ASAP, in my campaigns I've always found enemies to have high health values and with that I've naturally increased the damage of my cards, even so a 120 damage regular attack sounds really broken. Once again thank you and I will get straight to changing the cards. Justifying Sucker Punch and Exorcise, Sucker Punch is suppose to be a passive as your shadow would just naturally attack targets, it's pretty much a free hit (with soon to be reduced damage.) Exorcise is for a combo attack w/ Soulblast and it the meant mostly for a gimmick. Once again, thanks for the criticism, for future classes I'll be sure to keep damage values to a lesser amount.
  • @ImaMapleTree Ah, the soulblast/exorcise combo is kinda OP, although exorcise being a limited that'd essentially make up a 60 damage (based off of 20 x 3, since usually it's 4 to a party and the user doesn't count as an ally) one-time increase. (I know I'm saying to weaken a bunch, but you don't have to). - A lot of my damage-comparisons are to that of the actual URealms cards made by Rob and friends, so it's fine if they fit your own campaign's health-rates. - But yeah, exorcise now does make sense as a card.
  • @UnluckyBimi I want to make my cards as close to that cards that Rob and the URealms crew use. Exorcise + Soulblast is now a 45 damage combo w/ the damage nerf I just made, although I always believed companions (personal and allied NPCS) count towards to soul limit but that's more or less up to the GM. Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll be dumping a few more classes on here in the next week and I'm always up for more criticism.