Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Class Archive: Bard

Welcome to Class Archive were we take a look at a Class see how they have changed with in between each season. Starting with the Original swish army knife of a Class, Warrior.

Disclaimer: Do to limited methods to see older cards some of these Descriptions won't be 100% accurate. Also I'll only be covering Cards from Sunswords and beyond, for Season 1. Also whenever I'm talking about PvP, well me, my old Friends liked test out what each class brings to the table, for the first two Seasons. However I can really do that anymore.

Season One

• Starting Gear and Passives: Warriors start with 2000 gold. Anytime you take damage you may immediately counter attack the target with a basic attack if they are in range.
  • Blockade: Raise up your shield preventing all damage to you and anyone directly behind you for this turn, as long as you can keep your balance. While blocking, you cannot be moved. Your allies may move you during their turn against your will instead of moving themselves. 
  • Charge: Run forward as fast as you can in a straight line dealing 5 damage and pushing any target you run into. Allies may roll to jump on your back or out of the way to avoid this damage. You can stop at any time or until you hit a wall.
  • Chivalry: Jump to the aid of a nearby target taking all damage they would have taken from an attack.
  • Tosser: Lift an adjacent target and throw them at target space. Both targets take 5 damage and are stunned for their next round of combat. Allies can roll to avoid the damage and if successful may also attack or use an ability.
  • Whirlwind: Throw yourself into a whirlwind hitting all adjacent Targets with a melee Basic Attack.
Season 1's Version Warrior was off to an amazing start with Abilities like Blockade, and Chivalry for Support, and Tanking. Charge, and Tosser for disruption, and some decent Damage for Season One standards. But I know what you guys want me to talk about the Warrior's Passive, which can make Warrior a real pain to deal with in PvP, also Chivalry worked with this Passive like bread and butter. Also Whirlwind was a juicy way to spread out the Damage, and since most of the Warrior's Abilities cost 1 Stamina, you could spam them to your hearts content. I guess the only real negative is that Warrior didn't came with a Weapon, in season one, so had to buy your own, and had no method to Double their Damage naturally. However Warrior's did get 2000 gold to spend so Weapons, weren't ever an issue, and If your Playing an Elf you could pick up Blessing of Strength, to fix the Double Damage problem.

Season Two

• Starting Gear and Passives: You start with a Greatsword or Greatshield.
    You start with 1200 gold. Anytime you take damage, you may use a Basic Attack as an Immediate Bonus Action.attack the target with a basic attack if they are in range.
  • Blockade: Raise up your arms or shield to block incoming attacks this round reducing all damage taken to 1. You have access to the Chivarly Class Ability this round and it does not cost Stamina or use up your Anytime Action.
  • Charge: Run as fast as you can in a straight line dealing 5 damage and pushing any Target you run into. Allies may roll to jump on your back or out of the way to avoid this damage. You can stop at any time or until you hit a wall.
  • Chivalry: Jump to the aid of friend in trouble, moving yourself adjacent to an Ally and then taking all damage from an incoming attack for them.
  • Tosser: Lift an adjacent Target and throw them up to 5 spaces at Target space. Foes will take 6 damage if thrown or hit. Allies are granted an Immediate Bonus Action if thrown or a Foe would land on top of them.
  • Whirlwind:  Throw yourself into a whirlwind hitting all adjacent Targets with a Basic Attack. Whirlwinding twice in a row causes you to Enrage doubling the damage of your Basic Attacks until the end of combat.
  • Taunting Blow: Attack a Target with a melee Basic Attack dealing double damage. If successful, the target may only Basic Attack and use Abilities directed at you this round.
Wow, just fix all of Season One Warrior's problems, well Warrior got a Fantastic upgrade with Whirlwind's Double Damage effect, and Taunting Blow, a really underrated Ability honestly, Forcing your Foes to activate your Warrior Passive is pretty scary for anyone who isn't on your side, and Whirlwind allowing you to deal massive damage to groups of enemies, and since the Warrior's Greatsword Dealt 6 Damage for every swing you can do a pretty solid 12 Damage all over the shop. And for those Tanky Variants got the Greatshield and the new version of Blockade. With the Greatshield effectively doubling your Stamina, and Blockade allowing to live dream to spam Chivalry as much as humanly possible, Warrior's oftenly had a field day in PvP, and if you where worried with about Damage, don't since Dwarves get an extra 2000 gold, Gnomes get Treasures, Kobolds can get gold, or Weapon, and Elves can cherry pick two Spells damage was rarely an issue for Warrior overall. Also Charge became a Dual Action, if you wanted to run around at the speed of sound then go ahead. However with 3 Anytimes become a thing mid season kinda messed with Warrior a bit it made you had be a lot smarter with Chivalry, and couldn't just use it every single round. But in the end it just made Blockade better. 

Comments

• Whoa that took awhile come back Tomorrow to see how Season Three Warrior is different overall.
  • God damn, every time I see some of this class review stuff I think about what it would be like if XboxAhoy was into URealms and made a video on each of the classes, would be legendary stuff.

I do enjoy seeing people's reviews and thoughts on classes, partly cause of nostalgia, and because I've tried it out myself and like to hear all the pros and cons people list out, and why they would or wouldn't pick this class.

Nice to put up all those old Warrior class abilities, though. It'll be interesting to see how everything class-wise evolved from season to season.
  • edited January 2018
    @knguy XboxAhoy was what partially in inspired me to do this Series, him and FalseSwipeGaming.
    The Real reason I didn't talk about season three is I kinda started to get tried after awhile. And since Season Two and Three are so drastically different I need more time in order to give a full analysis.
  • edited February 2018

Season Three

Warrior: "A traditional fighter with a wide variety of styles in close range combat"
    Returning Items & Abilities
    Blockade: Blockade just keeps get better with each passing season, Both Damage and Tanky Variants would love this Ability, I mean having the Ability to Block incoming Attacks and Abilities for Party Members, and the potential to trigger your Greatsword on a regular basis is pretty cool in my eyes, also New Ability Warrior got this season makes Blockade incredible for those Tanky Variants.
    Charge: now you could really roll around at the speed of sound, Got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow, Charge now deals 20, and an extremely good mobility tool. So Tanky Variants have a good source of alternative Damage methods. Sorry can't stick around, have to keep movin' on, Guess what lies ahead, only one way to find out.
    Chivalry Pledge:  Well after 2 Season of Chivalry is no longer an Anytime, but a Passive allowing you to use it whenever, and also works wonders the Greatsword and with that New Ability
    Greatshield: The Greatshield now literally Doubles your Stamina allowing you to reach insane Stamina Totals. However you would have to give up the Greatsword.
    Greatsword: The Greatsword now deals 10 Damage, and has the old Warrior Passive. Not much else to say but the same I've saying for two Seasons now, but Greatsword still has it's No Shields Allowed policy, so you would usually have to forgo Stamina for Damage, and Counterattacks.
    Taunting Blow: Pretty much the same as in was in Season 2.
    Tosser: Tosser now deals 15 Damage, if thrown or hit by the Target you thrown.
    Whirlwind: Whirlwind now has a new twist, as it now allows you No-Roll Basic Attack anyone who comes near you, or anyone who passes by. Pretty Great for them Damage Variants who wants to keep the whole No-Roll Basic Attack Train going, or for those Tanky Variants who also want in on the No-Roll Basic Attack fun.

New Items & Abilities
    Battle Roar: Taunting Blow buff rich cousin, Battle Roar allows you to maximize No-Roll Basic Attacks with your Greatsword, or Whirlwind, and protects your Party for a round. And since it's a Limited, you can use it when all your Allies with what they're doing.
    Grindstone: The only way for to Natural Double Damage, however this method is Hands down the one of the Best, allowing you not only it Doubles you and your Parties Damage for the rest of the Game. One and Done boom your dealing 20 Damage Basic Attacks until the heat death of the universe. Even though there are Passives, Cornerstones, and Attributes that do the same thing, but this is unheard of for Abilities so let just a appreciate this Ability for what it is.
    Second Wind: A self Lays on Hands that also gives you 3 Bonus Actions. Good when running low on that Stamina, or if you want to start combat with a big turn.
    Shield Stance: Allowing you to Block on Average Rolls, you cannot go wrong with a copy of Shield, combos well with Blockade, Battle Roar, Chivalry Pledge, Greatshield, Greatsword, and Taunting Blow. Tanky Variants become almost unbreakable walls, and Damage Variants can Block with their Greatsword. 

Overall Warrior was an Amazing Class over years with just some tweaks here and there for each passing season just to show how flexible Warrior is, Damage Variants can use the Tanking Abilities for more Damage and Utility, when 
    Tanky Variants can use Whirlwind, Taunting Blow, Charge, and Tosser to make up for the lack of Greatsword. So Warrior is a Class that can play the role of Support, Tank, or Damage Dealer with relative ease. However Status Effects weren't a welcomed addition for Warrior, Stunning can't defend yourself anymore, Burning, bye bye Bonus Actions and Limiteds, Blinding, and Freezing, no Chivalry, and no Melee, Charming, hello Anti-Party my old friend, Poison, and Silence... Honestly the least of your Worries. Also Ranged Character can be problematic if your purely Melee, and Deathknight's.
    So what do I think of the Warrior Class well. 

"Warrior Raise Your Sword,
    Warrior Standing Tall,
    We put our Trust in you."

Warrior is simple Class with a little bit of everything, with you don't what to do during Character Creation, or new to game go Warrior it's a great Class for both Jimmies, and Veterans alike.

What Class should I do next leave a comment below, and maybe I do you suggestion. (Well their's less than 50 Classes so the odds are good), however do hold back on any Class that introduced in season 3 cause i've seen a lot of them in Action.

• I think the next next class should be the Bard, Sorcerer or Lumberjack. Do them in order of apperance perhaps.
  • edited February 2018
    I guess Bards next.
  • I can't wait to see bard! I also think sorcerer would be really fun to see, because it is one of my favorite classes and has gone through some cool changes through the seasons
  • I like the idea of doing it in order of appearance :D
  • edited March 2018
    Welcome to Class Archive were we take a look at a Class see how they have changed with in between each season. Today entry is all about the Jack of all Trades Bard. Honestly I knew that I was going to have to do Bard, I just didn't thought this early. Well you people requested it so here you go I guess. 

Disclaimer: Do to limited methods to see older cards some of these Descriptions won't be 100% accurate. Also I'll only be covering Cards from Sunswords and beyond, for Season 1. Also whenever I'm talking about PvP, well me, my old Friends liked test out what each class brings to the table, for the first two Seasons. However I can really do that anymore.

Season One

• Starting Gear and Passives: Bards start with a Lute, Flute or Leather Boot. Bards start with 2000 gold. Bards may use non limited abilities of adjacent team mates. 
    • Bolster Spirits: Help an unconscious ally to their feat with a clever pun and a magical touch, giving half of your current stamina to them. The GM may give you bonus stamina based on the quality of this pun.
    • Charm: Take a selfie of yourself and post it to the social media platform of your choice. Once this has been done you may attempt to charm a target. If successful you control their actions on their turn until they break free.
    • Disguise: Change the voice of your character. You may take on the shape of any creature or race until you stop doing the voice, in which case the magic of the spell breaks and you are returned to normal.
    • Lullaby: Create an impromptu song to sing to the table that relates to the events currently unfolding. If your song should impress the Game Master, you may put all enemies who hear it to sleep.
    • Storyteller: Tell the table a story about your character. If your story amuses the GM, he will share some information about the battle or will reveal the maximum Stamina of a target of your choice.

Well Bard... well you see... Bards honestly had a pretty weak start, with no random Items, and not being able to use Limiteds (Ironic ain't it), meant you had to solely rely on the fact that your Party doesn't screw you over, by taking all of the Limiteds which they were all over the place in season one. Bolster Spirits was very unique as it was the only resurrection ability in the game, and could get the job done if need be. Charm was ok for the times, however unlike Season Three were their turn into an almost permanent Companion, Targets can break out of this Charm. Disguise a Roleplay Ability mostly, if your creative you could make good use of this Ability. Lullaby an AoE stun Ability that can pretty good if use at the right time. Storyteller a stalling mechanism that can get some outside information, via sharing some lore about your Character. Also Bards did get 2000 gold, so you could buy some good Armor, and a Weapon, if everything goes south during Character Creation.

Season Two

• Starting Gear and Passives: You start with a Lute, Flute, or Leather Boot. You start with 5 random Regular Items. You start with 2 random Treasures. You start with 200 gold. Bards may use the Class Abilities of Allies as their own.
    • Bolster Spirits: Help a wounded or Unconscious Ally with a magical touch, restoring all of their Stamina. You may not touch yourself.
    • Charm: Attempt to Charm a Target with your allure. If successful, they become your Companion until you lose Consciousness.
    • Disguise: Change the voice of your character. You may take on the shape of any creature or race until you stop doing the voice, in which case the magic of the Spell breaks and you are returned to normal.
    • Lullaby: Sing a soft song that causes Foes who hear it to be put to sleep until they take damage or wake up from a loud noise. Stronger Foes may be resistant to this Spell and wakeup early or even resist it completely.
    • Surefire Melody: Play a quick tune on your favorite instrument to bolster your Allies for this round of combat. Allies in range of this tune are sure to hit with their Basic Attacks and Abilities unless they Critically Fail.
    • Storyteller: Tell the table a story about your character. If your story amuses the GM, he will share some information about the battle or will reveal the maximum Stamina of a target of your choice.

Well Bard got a massive buff in Season Two, with now having access to all of your Party Members Abilities now increasing their effectiveness in combat, as well getting 5 Items, meaning Bards can now run around with Greatswords, and Warhammers, or any other Class item or any other 1000 gold items, or any 2 Treasures that could improve your Bard in terms of Damage, Stamina, Versatility, and overall usefulness, however the biggest problem here is a big ugly "if", yes you could get a a lot of cool items to make you really strong, if your RNG happens to be in your favor, because you have just a good chance to get sh!t all. So Bards biggest/overall problem in Season 2 is a lot of Options not enough Actions, and your at the mercy of RNG. (Ironic ain't it)

Season Three

Returning Items & Abilities
    Adventurers Backpack: You now get 10 Items, which unlike in season two your more likely to get some more useful things, and if not you don't, you can always sell stuff back for 10gold each.
    Jack of All Trades: Holy Sh*t. Well now that Limiteds are now Free Actions, you can now anywhere from 5 to 50 Actions per Combat, and getting an Item that can grant a Bonus Action upon using a Limited, or Bonus Actions in general it a lot easier than in pass seasons.
    Musical Instrument: The spiritual accessory of season one and two's accessories Lute, Flute, and Leather Boot. 
    Bolster Spirits: Your "Get out of Jail Free Card", all jokes a side it's a fantastic Ability for dodging both Death Rolls, and Brutal Death Rolls.
    Charm: Much better in Seasons past, you can now most permanently Charm a Target.
    Disguise: Nothing Has Changed!!!
    StorytellerNothing Has Changed!!!
    Surefire MelodyNothing Has Changed!!!
    Lullaby: 
    Nothing Has Changed!!! No wait, it Freezes now.

New Items & Abilities

Acrobatics: Probably one of the best dodging abilities in the game, since are able to dodge Critical Hits.
    Distracting Shout: ...It's a taunt.
    Divine Mending: It's Literally Lay on Hands, but this won't kill you, if you dare know 2 DARK Spells.

Concussion: Bard is a hard Class to talk about Bard is all about the luck of the draw, if things go in your favor it's a really good Class, but there are cases where you might get stuff that isn't as useful for you. The Abilities are very straight forward, nothing fancy no strings attached, you get what you pay for, some munchkins may argue that their all so worthless however I really do think they useful in the right circumstance, so they're more situational than anything. However Bard for those who want to have fun while playing the game do to their natural silly nature. 

"Sing your foes a Lullaby,
    Bolster the spirits of your friends,
    Mend their broken hearts with your lovely Charm,
    the sun's now setting tell your friends a Story,
    and let the cycle start a again."

So what do I think of the Bard Class well: Bard was always attended to be a Roleplay/Super Support Class, for people who just want to screw around in Combat, or be a real team Player. Sorry if Class Archive, not as detailed as the last one random is extremely difficult to calculate, do to it being well random. Also since the people did leave a comment, so I'll count it a request next I'll be doing Sorcerer.

One more thing, the reason why I didn't mention anything about races is I think I broked my rule of only talking about the Class itself so I'll an side thing called Class Archive Quicke, where I'll about how each race utilize each Class. Over and over out.