Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Order of Chaos Board

Comments

• @Kingedyou True, but Rob said to be very very careful with this pwoer and what is written. Also, there very well may be a huge time delay, like in between campaigns.
  • Screw the consequences, I'm going to try to make Lunk ageless.
  • @Caprikel I would stop after this, just to be safe.
  • @Caprikel ;
    Wait.... make yourself sound like a god like a god in their world so he thinks you're all powerful and tell him you can kill him in a heart beat
  • Just saw what you did way better idea well played
  • @friskyBrisky
    Yeah, I should probably stop there for now, and wait to see whether Rob is ok with it or not.
  • Holy shit! xD

• Haha, Caprikel you should be more careful with what you try to do, know everyone that hear you know that you are pro-bopen... And careful with this kind of game because if another DD winner is against Bopen and they try to stop you recruiting you could start a war between the old gods...
  • @Caprikel Question is: would he even know who Bopen is?
    Scratch that: would he even know what an angel is?
    While I disagree with your choice of character to influence, I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

• @Dalard
    Yeah, I won't try to make anyone else ageless, I just want to do my duty as a member of the Order of Chaos and spread glorious CHAOS through the realm.
  • @Dalard
    are you against an old god war though?
  • @Nyrrix
    I chose Lunk since he would likely be the easiest to influence with the promise of strength. 
    Honestly, I'll be satisfied as long as he mentions it at all, even if he did think it was just his imagination. 
  • @Caprikel
    ........ try to talk to Sintour Sallazhar we don't know who he is but we know he has an account on the forums and is a character so we can get immediate results instead of waiting for a campaign
  • @Kingedyou
    What do we know about Sintour Sallazhar? 
  • @Caprikel
    Only the blood tear stuff he posts he's devoted to the old gods he can post on the forums and he has something to do with the art thief (probably)
  • @Kingedyou Hehe, I think it's too soon, there is a strong divide between the pro-bopen vs anti-bopen and another divide between those who want to watch the Realm burn and those who consider themselves guardian of the Realm. But I think by the end of the season there will be the spark that begin this war...
  • I agree with Kingedyou in that Sintour seems to be a mediator of information currently. It might be in our best interests to attempt to divulge information from him. I would like to know what he means by Our Bodies. Your Skins. I know it might seem obvious that it eludes to Old Gods controlling characters, but to this character it could mean something different.
  • I think its definitely possible to know of the existence of the old gods without having an existential crisis about it. Without the knowledge that their world is fake, the old gods are basically like any other higher being in any other fantasy setting. On the topic of which characters could talk to us, Lyn had the ability to converse with Spiff due to her sin. Its interesting to note that with the first 3 confirmed sins, if Lyn had been sinned, the sin activated in Maelstrom's last donation event would have been the fifth.

I kind of want to look at Maelstrom's riddle again.

"You create those like me when you overextend, 
    Sins burned into flesh that cause us to ascend."

This seems to imply that characters with sins become sentient like him. Its his most notable character trait, and we already know that sinned characters can talk to the players at the very least. The important thing about this however, is that it may suggest that Maelstrom is already sinned. It gives a reason why he knows what he knows, and we have an unaccounted for sin. However if this is true, then he now possesses two sins, which may be possible given the original unforgotten realms sins revolved around a single character getting 5 sins, but is unlikely. The other possible sinner is Gwyneth, after she was revived by Galen in GPO, with a spell that specifically says, "Bringing characters back to life may have unexpected consequences," and all of our sins so far, save for Maelstrom's, has involved reviving characters. This is more likely, but it leaves Maelstrom unexplained, although I'm ok with that. This supports the next line,

"And so enjoy your story, the one you picked over me,"

Referring to choosing The Law (Galen), over the Murder Bros (Chimera, possibly related to Maelstrom).

"She will turn on you soon friend, just wait and you see."

Likely referring to Gwyneth, the most important female in the story so far, and one of two sinned females, the other being Lola, a rather minor character. Its mentioned in Lyn's sin donation that "marked Characters will slowly lose themselves to become your servants overtime." If Maelstrom is talking to us here, this probably means that although she will "become a servant" similar to Maelstrom, she will turn on us eventually, somehow.

• edited January 2018
    With what was just recently put on the board, I'm quite perplexed. This will have unforeseen consequences if it is undoubtedly surefire. And as the campaigns go by, it's certain there'll be quite a lot of activity there. A "war" would be inevitable in that case; all it takes is someone who wants to have a bit too much control.

The other point of note is Ouro'ras. We know nothing about him so far, but him having relations with the Old Gods will be quite interesting with Maelstrom's fun new revelation.
  • Should we test who can hear us and who can not (i.e tell Gewenthed to say something in the next camapaing like truck stop or something form the real world)
  • @Kingedyou
    If I were to make a post about Sintour Salazar, what would I say? I'm not sure how I would approach it.
  • @Pufflemore
    I'm so tempted to give false info to Gwyneth about how to kill Bopen to make her fail, but I know that would be going too far.
  • @Caprikel ;
    Even though the two characters have no relation whatsoever, pretend you think Sintour Sallazhar is actually Sallazhar Sintour, the master art thief, and address him as if you were a fan of the latter's exploits. Ask him why he fired the Lizard Wizard, what Douglass is up to, and what paintings he plans on stealing next, along with whatever else you would ask an art thief.

Sintour will have no goddamn clue what you're talking about. It's going to be great.
  • I dont know about you guys, but I'm looking to be super hands-off will all this until we know more. All we know is "hey you can talk to characters now". We dont know who that is, and we dont even really know how it works. Like someone said, every character who we have the ability to interact with can probably see every message, therefore the reason for the whole "Be very careful with what you write here." I dont think just shooting out messages to everyone is very careful.
  • @Caprikel Just ask him if he can hear us and when we will meet him... don't ask too much since it will be the first communication...
  • @Caprikel with great power come great responsibly still should we test who can hear us or not  
  • @Caprikel
    Honestly just introduce yourself he knows we exist and he should be able to reply to your post no need to get fancy
  • But yeah you could also just say nothing and no one would mind. I'm not too crazy about what happens with the Order of Chaos at the moment so if none of the members said anything we could go about our lives enjoying URealms without anyone going super nuts over the OGs.
  • @Pufflemore Isnt that a good reason to not just start spouting messages out without a care?