Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

What card combinations are crazy or are just plain funny?

The question is pretty much stated above. For an example of funny, peasantrags are worthless if you get peasant because it will consume your inventory space. Just little funny things like that. 

Comments

• edited May 12
    kobold and mischievous is basically a death sentence.
  • @Snonin
    From a 5% chance for the 1 to a 17% chance. That's scary.
  • Fuck. That's scary bro
  • In terms of a crazy damage combo:

1. Cast thedreamworld
    2. Cast absolutezero because of The Dreamworld
    3. Cast terrorizemind, putting all 8 of your party's actions and adding 6 more with empowereddreams
    4. Pray for no low rolls
    7500 damage
  • edited May 12
    @bogalizard

damn, talk about a nuke. I hope this happens at one point during a campaign. It's be amazing 
  • @bogalizard the problem with this, is that nobody can die in the dream world. You can do crazy amounts of damage, but no death.
  • @Dragontbone True, but they can still be Defeated. So, for example, if anyone in your party has righteous, just use the combo on turn 6 and you win as long as there is 1 enemy!

By the way, you could also add in hourglasssandclone Between Dreamworld and Absolute Zero to make it 22500 damage. Any single super high stamina boss? Just live till turn 6 and win! (unless you fail any of the rolls)
  • Fair point, I haven't had,time to go through all the cards yet, so I hadn't seen either of these. But they both are good ways to counter the no kill part. Is there a way to counter the righteous card?
  • Any class that benefits greatly from Critical Hits and Lucky... but especially this combination:

lucky and dulledvorpalslayer

That is a 25%-30% (I dunno, does 15 count?) chance to cause a Death Roll, son. Combined with Kobold/Fluent in Kobold, a Class and some Passives that focus singularly on Basic Attacks (which you must roll for), you can become the scariest person on the battlefield.
    Just make sure to invest in some Overly Protective Chainmail and some Friendship Rings as well, because the GM wants you dead at this point.
  • Gosh, I didn't think of using limiteds as a dreamweaver in a dreamworld. While not being able to kill anyone is a bit of a downer, that opens up a lot of possibilities. Like seriously that could make an amazing BBEG where each time you encounter them they do something completely different than any previous encounter, because they went a different direction in what spells they cast in the dreamworld.
  • What if you had a dream weaver go against a dream weaver. Would that become an inception like effect?
  • @Dragontbone To answer your question about countering the righteous card, there are multiple ways for the GM to counter it. Kill the Righteous player before round 6, kill the big damage player before round 6, use your anytimes to interrupt any of the scary combo limited abilities like Dreamworld or Terrorize Mind, or have an enemy that can stun, silence, or otherwise stop the big damage player from using their abilities, like how the end boss of The Cobblers had an ability to make someone forget how to use a spell.
  • Wow, I knew dreamweaver was strong before, but after reading that? And although it says you personally can't cast legendary spells, do you think that still counts if you have the spell scroll for one? Because if you use siggneeos on the Terrorize Mind, then it just get absurd
  • edited May 13

Large Steeple Hat + Arcane Needler = teleporting everywhere. In a room filled with 25 enemies? Shoot all of them and teleport freaking everywhere.

(EDIT: I give up on trying to hyperlink, I suck at this :( )

• Wow all these combos can make so many good role play characters
  • blackboarguardian + two heavyplate = a minimum of 310hp Paladin. (40 from racial, 30 from class)
    Add in the soldier Cornerstone, now you have a super juggernaut soak damage counter attacking Paladin. FOR THE LIGHT!
  • edited May 13
    I haven't tooled around with the new game stuff very much yet, but for Season 2 I found that the Wizard items (in this case, the monocle) paired with Daredevil attribute made for an interesting trick. The result was a Wizard with Pyroblast, Blizzard, and Arcane Beam (but not fireball or the other spells that make them better), then reset those limiteds by making a basic attack so they could all be cast again.

So the daredevil wizard goes all out casting big spells, then has to draw their sword, and the resulting bloodrush gives them the power to do it all over again.
  • I messed with multi class and got a Kobold spellslinger berserker with four arms quad wielding 2 axes and 2 magical revolvers. It got a little out of hand
  • Going porc and getting the attribute peasant gives you 13 companion abilities, and add wildling on top of that and you are basically a companion with 14 chances of getting a legendary ability
  • @Fyre ;
    Sounds like a thing of true beauty to me. One question though, are you sure that you haven't created Johnny Feo 2.0?
  •  @JukeInTheBox it was pretty ridiculous the character was able to seamlessly switch between melee and ranged amd throw in bearserk and showdown and everyone dies.
  • @Fyre
    If you ever DM a campaign, that character better be an NPC who eventually unlocks the legendary "All In" aka pre-nerf All In. 
  • Yeah that would be cool I would make that the boss and with the pre-nerf all in there would be so many party wipes.
  • @Fyre ;
    That would be a great encounter. Especially if the players won, because it would end up putting them on a pretty high pedestal in your storyline. 
  • mastermagiciansrobesmirrorshield is hilarious, I put this on a boss I had my PC's face, Hilarity ensued. 
  •  @JukeInTheBox yeah imagine that encounter it would be hard to even hit him with him zipping around with Trample and using showdown to get tons of actions as a berserker that would be one heck of a fight.
  • edited May 13
    sandbender has what is technically (with GM permission) an infinite, provided the enemy doesn't have knockback immunity in any form and there are at least 2 enemies on the battlefield (it can be done in a single turn if they are in a location where you can show up between them via dissolve). The combo can be done in two manners, the former being the more reliable should enemies position in such a manner it can be done as they are not capable of messing up the combo by moving on their turn. 
    Note: Combos' reliability can be improved by such things as being an average kobold, though this is solely beneficial for the beginning of the combo as the later steps are no-roll bonus actions, thus not requiring rolling
    Combo option one-
    Requires- dissolve unusualweapon tailwind sandstorm, at least 2 enemies not having knockback reduction 
    1. Use dissolve
    2. Appear next to two enemies
    3. Dissolve creates difficult terrain next to them and thus provides 2 no-roll bonus actions via unusualweapon
    4. Cast sandstorm, choosing the locations for difficult terrain to be to the same side of at least 2 enemies
    5. Cast tailwind, moving all enemies onto the difficult terrain you created via sandstorm proccing an additional no-roll bonus action via unusualweapon for each enemy without knockback immunity
    6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the last 2 no-roll bonus actions you obtain after each use, using the rest of the actions for the highest damage your sandbender is capable of doing, whether that happens to be sandstorm or something else
    (Optional) 7. If you obtained Cementing Wave, use this to stun every foe on the battlefield after having run out of enemies that don't have knockback immunity and aren't defeated as well as no-roll bonus actions
    Combo option two-
    Requires- unusualweapon tailwind sandstorm, at least 2 enemies not having knockback reduction
    1. Cast sandstorm, creating difficult terrain in locations enemies are expected to be next to at the end of their next turn.
    2. Cast tailwind, moving all enemies onto the difficult terrain you created via sandstorm proccing an additional no-roll bonus action via unusualweapon for each enemy without knockback immunity
    3. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the last 2 no-roll bonus actions you obtain after each use, using the rest of the actions for the highest damage your sandbender is capable of doing, whether that happens to be sandstorm or something else
    (Optional) 4. If you obtained Cementing Wave, use this to stun every foe on the battlefield after having run out of enemies that don't have knockback immunity and aren't defeated as well as no-roll bonus actions
    I apologize for the wall of text, yet thought it necessary to explain the combo sufficiently 
  • Another combo that is more innovative than the prior one is using grandravensgift as a shaman alongside hourglasssandclone while being average. The process is as follows-
    1. Have hydrocrescentshield hydroarmor average (average is not necessary, but quite useful for making it, depending on how the GM rules, possibly be infinite)
    2. Cast aquacannon
    3. Cast hourglasssandclone
    4. Cast grandravensgift
    5. Cast whatever spell you wish until you fail through grandravensgift, thus dealing 60 damage per successful cast, thus a spell such as spellripple will provide a total of 180 damage per cast (likely the best spell option for this) and, each time an ally casts a limited, you then can deal 150 damage. Also, depending on the GM's interpretation of how average interacts with grandravensgift, this could be infinite, yet it is still quite powerful even if not, though it is most certainly difficult to obtain the components required. 
  • @WilburWhateley I believe it would do 70 per successful cast because Hydro Crescent Shield heals 20 instead of 10 if you have Hydro Armor.
  • @CookiesAndMil_ Wouldn't it be 20 per cast, spell ripple casts thrice, thus sixty?