Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Anytime Armory

Post where new Anytimes for Season 4 are explained

As you consider a future where Stamina and Anytimes are placed on separate sides of a scale, here's some interesting new cards I've created that might better define such a struggle. Even if the new Anytime Actions and the return of the red gem aren't completely official and won't be for a long while, I've still found it nice to mess around with the gem and see what kind of stuff I could create with it.

This deck should have more than enough red gems for your next adventure.

Armor & Shields
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Weapons
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Passives
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Consumables
custom card
custom card
custom card

I thought it would've been worthwhile to try putting icons in the post. Guess I won't be doing that again.

Comments

• Precision Crossbow's pretty OP, unless it's just a wording issue, as it means you could just constantly interrupt enemies no matter what they'd be doing and essentially gives you unlimited anytimes.
  • @knguy I love items like Dreamfish Opiate, you nailed the functionality vs trade-off there.
  • @UnluckyBimi
    The new anytime rules say that once you use an Anytime Action to do something you can't do that something with Anytime Actions again, until the end of combat. If you use an Anytime Action to block with your shield you can no longer use an Anytime Action to block with your shield, you have to use it to dodge or parry the attack or whatever you can come up with. Precision Crossbow just allows to ignore that rule so you can always interrupt with Basic Attacks (you still use up an Anytime Action), it's great when combined with heartbarkcrossbow or onessheath.  
  • The Precision Crossbow's alright. It's the kind of weapon you would pick up if you really don't have much to do with your Anytimes, have one or two Basic Attack Abilities that are your go-to for interrupting, or have the abilities Rolling Shot or Demonstration.

There's the other problem, of course, where if you want to make use of those six Anytimes (in an offensive manner, not like blocking or dodging), you gotta fill up on Abilities or you gotta get creative.
  • edited December 2017
    @Tiggas However the wording of the card says: "You may interrupt with basic attacks as much as you like in combat", which quite clearly states you can just basic attack to interrupt anytime, now if the wording was different or along the lines of "You may use a basic attack to interrupt, multiple times". The wording just allows for somebody to just mass-spam basic attacks during an opponent's action at the moment, is what I'm getting at. (Edit/Addition) BTW, I do realize I'm being a bit anal over the words and judging 'em more so by my URealms groups' actions (since one has recently started arguing the chuff over everything to min-max the most).