Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Connecting the Characters

Hi there!

So I had an idea to make a family tree (for want of a better phrase) showing how all the characters are connected in the URealms world.

This WIP is just what I've gotten so far, clearly there is still a lot left to do but I've been using images from the wiki as place holders. Initially I was going to draw all the characters... yeah that was a mistake (@Sixelona, you seriously get all my respect and admiration for having to do it) So I was wondering if any of the kick-ass community artists would want to help out? 

Because I was thinking of it being a family-tree style all that would be requires is a bust of the character so it can fit in a "Frame". Ideally it only needs to be a 415x530px (3.5x4.5cm) but I can scale it down to fit. I've a list of all the characters I'm connecting (pretty much the same list that's on the wiki) so if you're looking to draw someone specific let me know so I can cross them off.

If anyone would like to help me out by drawing a character, or ask me anything; you can reply to this post, PM me, or send me a message on twitter (http://twitter.com/Hdilie22)
Thanks!
Hdilie :drunk: 

Edit: Updated the image, here's the link to the imgur page too in case it doesn't show up for some reason https://imgur.com/Gr2ekA5

Comments

• Wow, this is amazing and the amount of effort you put into it is just amazing, even just looking at it seems so complicated to do, well done!
  • This must look better on a computer, I’m on mobile right now. Could turn mine on but too busy
  • Good job! that's a big tree. Also I love the dragon art!!
  • Do you possibly have the picture in a higher resolution? it's hard to read some of the names
  • @Ozoner sure, I was just showing a WIP of what I have done so far, but I’ll upload a slightly more complete one that’s a higher resolution tomorrow for you :drunk: 
  • Thanks so much, i didn't even know of the existence of some of those characters cool!
  • Just curious, but when did Jenathorn get revealed as Xavius' mother?
  • @UnluckyBimi ;
    Fall of Dundinborouh, I think it was a lore card chat unlocked
  • @Milk Huh. Never knew that. 
  • I love how Bob is on his own with no connections made in the middle of a lot of empty space. Thinking about it now, I wouldn't know how to show his relations with everyone he knows; Gwyneth, Phineas, Are'ani, Bei Mei X'hirt, to name a few. at least not without crossing a whole bunch of other lines.
  • @magnetised Well, the thing with Bob is that he's linked to pretty much all the "big guys" in URealms somehow. He's linked to Lyn and her Assassins, Gwyneth and the Order and now he's with Bopen. He's everywhere.
  • @UnluckyBimi bob is what coober was always meant too be
  • @magnetised yeah, he's one of the ones I haven't gotten around to connecting yet... There are too many connections!
  • Yo you're gilded.
  • edited December 10
    Damn this is awesome as hell! Also it's my own personal headcanon from the day he was drawn on six's stream that the Templar templar AKA THICC BOY is Kolvar Sunsword, my reasoning being that I remember Virgo stating something along the lines that Kolvar was strong/bigger and the art clearly shows elf ears and also I would like to imagine a world were this is true.

obviously you don't have to use the art but that would be the art in my eyes to represent him.
  • Vlarungar and Quintara are linked by... you know :wink: 
  • I don’t think all of those Sunsword characters are canon, as the only mention of them was in a vision. We can’t assume all visions are canon.
  • @kreeperkiller63 All visions are canon, just not all of 'em are accurate/true.
  • @UnluckyBimi I think my point still applies, the vision isn’t confirmed to be true. So we can’t assume that those Sunsword characters exist.

but yeah maybe I should have been more specific.
  • @kreeperkiller63 I'd personally say to assume that characters in Visions exist 'til we see otherwise, especially since most of the visions we've seen so far (that have been either confirmed true/false) have all been true.
  • @UnluckyBimi maybe, I just feel it kind of works like characters saying something. Just because a character says something doesn't mean it's true, just because a character has a vision doesn't mean it's true.
  • @kreeperkiller63 I'm not saying they're true, just that we should keep them closer to "true" 'til proven otherwise based on what information we have. - Just 'cause visions aren't always true, doesn't mean all the ones we've seen aren't all true (especially when none have been disproven but a bunch have been proven).
  • Wow this is really awesome, good job! :smileporc:
    Btw, Gwyneth and Galen's mother's name is Gwyndolin Sunsword, we know it from the GPO preview video ;)

• i think Rob said that many Elfs where created by Phanto after the Leomarises, but I cant remember if that was during a campaign, or during a BTS. Mind you, we dont know how many generation where before the second act of Senate of Deadlantest. S0 if it was a campaign, at some point, each Family would connect to Phanto. Also, shouldnt Lyssa and Percy have a dotted line between them, not solid. Everything else is great. Very ambitious project, that for sure. When you complete it, it would sure help refresh memories when returning character show up. 
  • @UnluckyBimi Actually, our choice made it that the Visions can be out and out lies with no truth to them at all. Of course, Rob says that just making lies would make the visions not fun, so he's planning to mostly stick with half-truths and deceit. But the Visions can be lies, and I'm almost 100% certain the first Vision (Layla and Rohbear's Marriage) is a complete lie.
  • @friskyBrisky This is why I voted to make all visions true, since it would have made my life on adding things to the wiki a whole lot easier...
  • @friskyBrisky Yes, the visions can be straight-up lies (I never said they couldn't) but that all the (proven) ones we've seen so far (where it could be proven as true or false) have been true.
  • Isn't Trandon supposed to be one of the original members of the Barringsters, according to the first ToUW campaign? So he and Stuart should probably be above Reginald if this were arranged as a genealogy.
  • @Arkanite I’m 85% sure he was the founder of the Barringsters, according to Roamin. 
  • @UnluckyBimi ;
    But I think that character reactions to visions would be different if the people they saw weren't real, so maybe some visions that Borris Cobbler had may have non canon characters if he doesn't know them, but there are some vision, like the Reginald one, that probably were true.