Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

A custom class that's a cut above the rest

The Barber!

Class- custom card

Shaving Razor-

custom card

Spell of Shaving-

custom card

Into Thin Hair-

custom card

Quartet-

custom card

Close shave-

custom card

Quick Cut-

custom card

Little of the Top-

custom card

Crew Cut-

custom card

Time to Dye-

custom card

Barberic Intent-

custom card

Stylist-

custom card

Shear Luck-

custom card

Comments

• I need to figure out how spacing works on here...
  • edited October 2017
    "I never wanted to be a custom card anyways... I always wanted to be... Be a lumberjack!"

It's a little OP though, with that "Little Of The Top" being a Basic and not a Limited...
  • I can't give any balance advice, but I must applaud you for your proficiency in punnery.
  • This is my new favorite class.
  • @friskyBrisky ;
    I don't think it too OP, since a death roll is only a 1/20 chance. That means 19/20 you are just giving someone a free bonus action. Using it against an enemy would be very risky and using it on an ally would be suspenseful.  As an aside, there already is a treasure that causes death rolls, Treasure / Midas Touch
  • So, you said you could use it on an ally, but the bonus action must be used AGAINST instead of ON you. This means it must be negative to you. Also, I would love to play this class with a bunch of greatswords stacked and just take the top of off every enemy I come into contact with.
  • @shellguy True, I guess if you used it on an ally they would have to use an ability against you. Couldn't they use a healing spell or something?
  • @friskyBrisky I considered making a passive called homicidal Barber, but decided to stick with Bareric Intent. Also, Yes it is pretty powerful but the negative is also pretty big if you tried to use it on a boss or something.
  • @Shellguy I thought about that. It's why little off the top only has 1 range.
  • Really love this class. Your puns are razor sharp and the whole class has a really cleanly cut identity. This will definitely be one of the extensions I'm putting in the Class Deck for my own games.

If you want to trim up your cards a little bit, the only thing I noticed that was a little uneven is that game concepts are normally capitalized on cards; Death Roll, Allies, Player, Target, Damage, Bonus Action, ect.
  • @GypsyCow Yeah, I usually forget that. Also, I respect your puns.
  • @NamelessMayor, but that is on, not against maybe changing the wording on how it focused, or just removing the focus would work
  • Honestly, I'd say the most OP ability of this class is 'Quartet', since that quadruples the use of any non-Limited ability. Four total Death Rolls off of 'Little off the Top', four total Bonus Actions from 'Stylist', etc.