Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Race Mod: Elven Families

custom card

This idea I had recently; with the new Azveltarian 'Race' (when really, they're just Eastern-Cultured Elves), there was the problem of why the 2 would be separate races from one another, other then heads of families and cultures. Then a solution hit me; similar to my (currently unfinished) Kobold Fur mod, why not do something similar with the Elves? And that something is dividing the Elves into 'Families'.

Now, the biggest problem with this is that we don't have a lot of Families to go off on; the only ones we know for sure of are the Sunswords and the Azveltara. Nevertheless, I have made 'Elven Family' Cards for both of them.

*custom card
*custom card

When we learn of the other major Elven Families (like the Tarciel'Lambeart and the Lotus), then I will start making cards for them as well. Let me know what you guys think!

(This work falls under the CC BY 4.0 License and can be used and edited freely as long as you provide credit.)

Comments

• Well they are divided cause it isn't necessarily their family, but the pact they make when they kill the animal. It isn't about the family itself.
  • @Raynicorn While that is true, it's obvious that the Family influences how the Elves behave in their territories. If the Az Warrior Tattoo was more common, how come we heard nothing of them from any of the Elven Campaigns we've seen before hand (and I mean in universe, not out of universe) in Susnword-centric areas?

It's obvious that the Sunswords don't really like the whole 'Az Warrior, kill an Animal to Transform into them' thing, just like how (through Phineas's mad ramblings) the Sunswords also don't like Intense Dark Magic like "Dark Vision" the Barringster's practice.
  • Yeah, just don't think the other families would have race cards unless they have their own unique bonds or forms. Maybe something like crest cards instead.@friskyBrisky
  • @friskyBrisky Wow these are really cool.
  • I feel it makes more sense to describe these as techniques designed by the individual elven families, that way you don't have to be a part of the family, only trained by them
  • @Friday Hmmm, perhaps that is a better way to describe it. Not entirely sure...
  • I'd say they're more cornerstone (specifically for elves) over-all. But they're a smart idea all-round, although the "protected" thing for me personally makes me think "Hmm. This could include non-elves pretty easily".
  • That's what I think to. Mind Heist says you are trained by the Draughwin to resist charm so it isn't uncommon. In fact a fun thing we could do is predict some forms and techniques of some families. @friskyBrisky
  • Wasn't there something like Blessing of the Sunswords in one of the cowboy campaigns? I wanna put that card on all the Sunsword characters at some point. It will be awhile before we can properly introduce all elven familes because fans can only take so much elf per season :p
  • @Rob  yes in the skeleton crew you mention a Sunsword Blessing. that could be a really cool card
  • There was. Buckeroos. @Rob
  • @Rob iirc the spell was basically the wizard lovers card with out 2s being crit fails.
  • @UnluckyBimi The only reason I put "You are protected by X family" is because, according to (what I remember from) Tower of Ultimate Wizardry 1, all the Elves and Dwelves are under the command of the 7 (it's possibly 8 now) Elven Families, with families like the Barringster's under the Sunswords. I do think I need a better way of saying "You're ruled by the X Family", though.
  • @friskyBrisky "You're sworn to" possibly?
  • Yes, thank you @Rob. Elves are the one race I'm burned out on. I know looking back on it there are less Elf weeks than it feels like to me, but I'm just tired of stories where we are bashed in how evil they are. If we look at racism and ya know genocide as evil. I know one of the major things Rob loves to deal with is there are no good or evil, just perspective and flawed human emotions, but its felt like we're following the evil people for the majority of the last Elven campaigns. Ehhhh.... This isn't the place to vent this.
  • edited September 2017
    Found it by asking on the Wiki Discord. Was a Donation event, not a card.

Tip the Scales  -  Galen Sunsword, after seeing these adventurers in battle, invites the Party to join him after this hunt and travel to the Sunsword kingdom in a campaign next season. He will also bless the group with ancient magic spell called the Blessing of the Sunsword, which grants Players the ability to count 19s as a Critical Success for the remainder of the campaign.

This effect applies to whatever Character that Player is playing as.

The campaign in question will happen regardless if this event triggers as it pertains to overall Sunsword story. This event just offers the chance that the Party may be able to join Galen on his venture home, that is assuming they are able to survive this campaign...

• @Rob to be fair I'm not sick of elven campaigns. I'm ok with seeing another 3 or 4 elven campaigns just so lore can be established. And it's only been 2 elven campaigns in a row, the paladin order was a mixed campaign.
  • The baringsters should receive insane as a family version card.
  • @Konpaatre ; Can't sleep so decided to make a fun one for Barringsters.

custom card

• edited September 2017
    @Konpaatre Well, not all of 'em are insane... we've seen a "normal" Barringster. Like Xavius and Templeton, they were fairly normal. (Edit: And Jenathorn, although not much was known about her so who knows?)
  • @UnluckyBimi That's why I did the choice thing. Lets you play an odd ambitious character which I feel are their actual strengths.

• @Minion I know, I felt it was something that needed to be pointed out just in case. (Although, it's been shown that the Barringsters do have a higher rate of being crazy or that their family lineage is just really unlucky and keeps getting crazies). - Perhaps a Barringster card where you had to roll above a certain number or just a "very high roll" to not be crazy that'd choose between two?
  • edited September 2017
    How about this for the Barringsters? Makes it so they can range from normal to deranged.
    custom card
    custom card

Did the Sunswords as well. Same effect as the one @Minion found from the donation event, but with a slightly different flavor. I like the idea that Phanto liked what he saw. Plus, special markings are neat. It could have glowed gold before the birth of magic and changed to silver after it.
    custom card
    custom card

• Since I've basically been working on a Mod, I'm basically got these Families done. Here is the finished version (ver. 1.0) of the Elven Families Mod:

custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
    *custom card
  • @friskyBrisky This is a cool idea and I love the concept and the cards, my only concern is since you get the normal Elf Race benefits AND these new family benefits (many of which are fairly strong by themselves), it makes being an elf extremely powerful as compared to other races...
  • @MasterDJV I actually cut the original passive from 4 Spells to 2, and you no longer get to chose what Spells you get.