Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Some basic Weapons/Attributes/Cornerstone I thought might fit well in the game

i have been using this weapons in my own game and thought that they might fit some others groups as well.
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card
custom card

Comments

• edited September 2017
  • @LexderMob
    They seem like fun cards, one problem though

For the Machete and the Backsword, I would suggest that you change the prices to 100

Since a 5 damage weapon for 50 gold is pretty strong, especially since you can restore stamina on high rolls. The only 50 cost weapons that do that deal 1 damage (As far as I can tell)

• @Phendrix  oakcrossbow the Machete doesn't have 15 rang so i think it's fair and in the case of the Backsword. It doesn't give stamina, and its ability is more of a role play ting. so i feel increasing the price is unnecessary.
  • edited September 2017
    this legendary custom card was made by the DM i Play with in my little role play group, her name is Fife, i ask her if it was ok to share this item as i really liked it. she said ok  :)
  • @LexderMob
    But still. With the machete, it's 100% better than acutlass or a Scimitar, other than the extra 5 stamina

So maybe if you reduced the healing by a bit, like make it 10 stamina, then it would be balanced
  • I don't know how I feel about Turncloak. Making a character specifically around betrayal seems inefficient. The reason why Roamin's betrayal in Grand Paladin Order was so effective was because we didn't know it would happen. If everyone sees the attribute turncloak, then they already expect the backstab. Best to just keep the betrayal between the Gm and player instead of the entire party @LexderMob
  • @Raynicorn  the good think with the Turncloak Attribute is that 1: it's not a guarantee so if the character doesn't betray the group, you now have this character that you know in the future might betray them, but you don't know when where and to how! that in itself is a great opportunity for future stores and dramatic development, 2: Roamin's betrayal wasn't effective, it started argument people saying it didn't make sense and it is overall still something that the community is split on. and one of the reason why that is, is because Roamin's character had no clear motivation to specifically betray the paladins, his character just went insane. and that´s why his character made up a unclear motivation right then and there that felt forced 3: just like certain other Attributes, i made this something the DM could simply get rid of, as it is something that doesn't fit all types of campaigns. 4: this Attribute is all about joining the opposition, which we haven't really seen happen in the show. you specifically need another side to join. and then they must offer you to join and even then you can still decline if the offer is not good enough. i specifically wrote the Attribute that way so it would leave things in suspense. so that the option is there but can always be declined if the player says so.
  • @Phendrix  you know what, you right i'm gonna change it. it make sense that it would give less stamina
  • It really isn't a suspense maker though. All it does psychologically is force the party to counter their own party member at character creation rather then build their own decent character. It just does not fit in my opinion. @LexderMob
  • edited September 2017
    @Raynicorn  players don ́t counter a player with the insane attribute, your logical doesn't make sense because if you are role playing then you can have funny interaction with that character, play on the idea that your characters have no idea of his potential betray. have your character rewrite their will to give all their belonging to the Turncloak. if your players are countering their own party members character, then they are not playing to have fun they are Mid-maxing. and as we all know Mid-maxing is just a toxic mentality to have when playing a game like this. and it's the job of the DM to stop players from playing in such toxic ways.
  • Insanity is different than a character betraying a party. It leads to players acting differently, and that is how it will go. Betrayal is just boring if you see it coming. There is no suspense from that. Again betrayal is best if you plan it out with the game master instead of having an attribute reveal something. In all media betrayal is best as a surprise. @LexderMob
  • edited September 2017
    @Raynicorn  As A Game Master and someone how studied storytelling for 5 year and then part time work with it, i have to strongly disagreed. you can play with the concept of betrayal in more than one way, your view is just looking at the attribute from one perspective, as you are always supposed to use Betrayal as a mystery plot twist. and that's just not the case, some of the most suspenseful moments in film are the one we know will happen but not when or how. the entire horror genre is build on the ide that knowing something bad is gonna happen but not when or how can build suspense. you are not seeing it as a form of way to play character interaction or from the player perspective. if they go in with the mentality to play with the ide instead of against it, it can be really fun, i know because just as with the weapon cards i have tested it in game with two groups and they never saw it as something to play against. you can make a group constantly makes fun of that character playing pranks on him until suddenly the group in a situation where the Turncloak gets a chose, betray the group get payback and doom the mission, or do the unexpected and forgive the group be the bigger man, yes we know a situation like this could happen but when it happen it's still suspenseful. because the Attribute / Turncloak (custom) gives you the choice and a reason but not a guarantee.
  • I'm looking at it from multiple angles too, and it is just boring and feels forced. If it is natural than this attribute would be way better. It isn't though. It just messes with the whole team dynamic of the show and the party. Just my opinion, leaving it at that. @LexderMob
  • @Raynicorn  just boring and feels forced. is not much of a argument but i see your point ok. we leaving it at that. i hope i didn't come off as too aggressive, i just love to discuss this type of things and get a bit passionate about my argument sometime
  • I realize. I like debating too, just didn't want it to get too heated as I respect yah. @LexderMob
  • I've been thinking on turncloak and had an idea. Making it this treasure which is basicaly the Mario cape, but critical fails with it charm you for the round or combat. @LexderMob
  • edited September 2017
    that is a cool idea and it could have really good stamina bonus so is more attractive to buy like +50/ 40 @Raynicorn
  • Exactly. It's punny, and traitorous. Praise Benedict Arthus's enchanted cloak. @LexderMob
  • @Raynicorn  i am gonna get to work on that
  • It's genius. Best of both worlds (and sides) @LexderMob
  • edited September 2017
    @Raynicorn custom card something like this, i think would work. i added the 0 stamina rule for the irony, as it gives you so much stamina that just makes it harder to knock you down 
  • Perfect. Just mwah. That is a spicy custom. 
  • @LexderMob ;
    For the bottle of Mana, might be better to just say "You are stunned on low rolls" because it tells the same concept, with just different wording.
  • @bl1ndn3rd  you are absolutely right, i will do that tomorrow
  • edited March 2018
  • edited March 2018
    rephrased it a little :)  custom card
  • edited April 2018
    custom card decided to take the traitor idea i worked on before and take it in a different direction.