Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

What is the Role of the Sandbolds

we haven't seen them that much. but we know they are out there. what are there purpose and what will they do in the story, we know they can manipulate time, but not the magnitude and strength of that power, so what do you all think? are they to be trusted, what do they stand for and when do you think we will see them!

Comments

• Well, they seemed to recognise bopen as important, but were aiming for ghostblade, a swell as saving the village. 

My opinion, their a nomadic vigilante like tribe or group, that Maesltrom was once or is still a part off. 
  • i think they might be a secret Kobold society, and that they might be looking to improve/evolve and protect Kobold society
  • (Some of this will be repeating what you guys have said) They've been shown to be able to directly change time, like when they saved the Kobold kids (and if I recall, I think Rob said something about them being player characters in the future or something... but I'm not too sure). - They also appear to have taken Ghostblade. - This part will be easier to understand if you've played WoW (or read about the Bronze Dragonflight), perhaps they have a similar role to the Keepers of Time. Making sure everything goes as it should, and that no "anomalies" pop up. Ghostblade may have been one of these anomalies. However, that's kinda far-fetched it's probably like @Dart said. A nomadic tribe, and they probably try to preserve life where they can. This part is pure speculation; but I think they may be linked to the Order of Chaos in some way as Maelstrom appeared in The Skeleton King as a sort-of sandbold illusion and he also acknowledges the Fourth Wall. And for some reason he just screams "Order of Chaos" whenever I look back on his moments and wiki-page.
  • I think the kobold children were the future player characters@UnluckyBimi
  • I think that the Sandbolds are a Para-military and Religious Organization, that don't really serve the Kobolds as they do their own interests/the interests of the Realm. It's sort of like the GPO, they have important people in it but they don't serve the will of the Sunswords or the Lightbeards, they have their own agenda that those leaders just happen to agree with.

They may also have direct connections to a God of some sort, possibly Thor (Whom the Kobolds are trying to free), and that's why they have time manipulating powers.
  • I think they are TIME GNOMES! :3
  • edited July 20
    i always forget that Thor is apparently hold captured by the dwarfs. yeah if not that's a storyline i would like to see explored in the future ate lest! @friskyBrisky ;
  • T I M E  P O L I C E
  • edited July 20
    ALRIGHT YOU WANNA KNOW FINE I ADMIT IT I DON'T KNOW HOW THE SANDBOLDS WORK. THEY MANIPULATE TIME BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!?? IF YOU MANIPULATE TIME THEN SHOULDENT IT NOT BE THERE??! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN WHAT DOES IT MEAN THEY MANIPULATE TIME? THEY MANIPULATE TIME BUT STUFF STILL HAPPENS IN IT HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN IT WHEN THEY MANIPULATE IT? IT DOSENT MAKE ANY SENSE YOU CANT MANIPULATE TIME!! YOU CANT MANIPULATE TIME! FINE YOU CAN FREEZE TIME AND YOU CAN TURN BACK TIME BUT YOU CANT MANIPULATE TIME THAT DOSENT MAKE SENSE!!!! IT DOSENT MAKE SENSE YOU MANIPULATE TIME NOTHING HAPPENS IN IT! I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOW! SOME ONE TELL ME SOME ONE TELL ME HOW THE SANDBOLDS WORK  I NEED TO KNOW! I NEED TO KNOW HOW THE SANDBOLDS WORK PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE JUST TELL ME!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT ITS CONFUSING I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DO THE SANDBOLDS WOOOOOOORK HOW DO THEY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK HOW DO THE SANDBOLD WORK PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE SOME ONE TELL ME I NEED TO KNOW HOW THE SANDBOLDS WORK                      WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
  • @Potato_Chip Freezing and Turning back time are forms of manipulating time. - I think we broke a Jimmy.
  • @UnluckyBimi don't worry, give him a moment to calm down let him drink his milk and then he will soon be back to normal
  • @LexderMob thor was caught by the dwarves and put in a statue, so he magically asked for help from the kobolds to release him, they did, and as a reward he gave them three wishes, but they could only say: kobold! So he made them a kobold and they were happy, and forgot about the other 2 wishes. That kobold that thor created was magical, and so when he went and bred with the rest of the kobolds, they became a sentient race. Atleast that is the old unforgotten realms lore, but i think it still makes sense seeing that thor made the porcs and dwarves as well.
  • @TalMiko I don't think using the old unforgotten realms lore means much here, as a lot has been over-written and so-on. It's nice for a basis, and I'm pretty sure Rob did reconfirm the origins of the races minus Gnomes and Beenu (who are the same...) that dwarves, porcs and so-on were made by Thor. Kobolds were feral creatures pre-BoM then got smart, Elves are Elves and Goblins are abominations.
  • @Potato_Chip    Concidering they're writing this as they go i wouldn't be surprised if Sandbolds turn out to be a race of King Crimsons. Its not like Rob is afraid of time shenanigans.
  • @Dingou  is that a jojo's reference i hear. i approve
  • We know sandbolds can manipulate time so the only ability's I can think of off the top of my head to what we know so far are the chronomina maxer clock because the sandbolds appeared out of the blue , witching hour because all time was frozen for a moment and lascene because all the kobolds disappeared and they took ghostblade with them if there are any other ability's you guys can think of that the sandbold may have feel free to add on. 
  • edited August 2
    @riel117  the are some spells like Runemaster / Mark of Binding that also have to do with time, but fore the most part i think you named the more relevant once 
  • seems like we learned a bit more about them now.  from the text in Azveltara Z episode, so next episode is likely gonad be the Sandbold episode, i cant wait  
  • So the Sandbolds stopped time to save the Kobolds children that are potentially future player character. So the Kobolds children are important and shouldn't have died.
    Then we learn in the elven pages of the last show that, the sandbolds are working for the Old Gods. So it's make sense that the Sandbolds saved the Kobolds for us, because they will be player characters in a campaign.

With these conclusions I think that the role of the Sandbolds are to save us from our own choice, if we make "mistake" like donating to kill future characters, or they are a time police that preserves the Realm from paradoxes...
  • @Dalard Actually, the elven pages don't say they work for us but that they serve us. (Similar, but different at the same time). Which could mean that they did what they thought we wanted, but not actually what we ordered them to... and that eventually led to their destruction.
  • Yes, you're totally right, but I found it strange that the Sandbolds would be really destroyed. First, we didn't see them that much, it would be sad to just see them one or two time before their destruction, and then, you know, they have Time Power, maybe they are/will not be destroyed because they can hide in Time.
  • What if they're like time cops or something. They're job is to fix any anomalies that might fuck up the timeline or prevent terrible tragedies from happening either that or they try to protect the kobolds from being wiped out because they know what happened to the bennu. I don't know if coes quest is cannon or not but when talking about the great purge kobolds are the example but the elves wiped out a race before the bennu so they're trying to make sure that another great purge won't happen. 
  • @Dalard I think it's safe to say that not all Sandbolds were destroyed, since (I'm just going by time, although the book-ending could've been at a different point in the time-line) the tournament happened before The Skeleton King and in that campaign we witness Sandbolds. So, the over-all view from outsiders could be that they're destroyed but in reality they're hiding from sight (like you said).
  • if they are dedicated to saving kobolds maybe Philhipé isn't dead after all....maybe....no...okay :p

• @DarkMotron Philhipe isn't dead since he didn't die on screen, I'm 75% sure Rob said that. His fate is still unknown.
  • @UnluckyBimi yeah but I think he said something along the lines of 'unknown but he's probably dead'
  • @DarkMotron  in one of his early behind the scene, he said that he was most likely dead and that would make for a better narrative arc for Philhipe to have died. 
  • damn it's hard to wait for the Sandbolds episode, especially as we now know that its coming. hope December go by fast. nothing important happens in December any way.
  • @LexderMob Wow rude i was born in December. On second thought, yea you're right
  • You are wrong. In December people put aside their differences and come together to observe one of the most important event of the year: Star Wars. @LexderMob