Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

[UPDATED!] Player Manager and Overlay built in Google Sheets!

UPDATE: (open spoiler)
Got a sick new update for the document using @Tripleat 's stamina calculating idea!
Check it out in action:

If you haven't changed anything in the document yet, feel free to make a new copy and start over :)
If you want to keep your existing document, make a copy of the document and copy the cyan squares from the copy to yours, then copy the top portion of the script (or better yet, from this pastebin)
If you change the position of these cyan cells, make sure to update them in the top part of the script, aka this:

The "total" var is the green text and the "change" var is the cyan box. Make sure to update all four sets of vars :)

Hello everyone! Today I've created a version of my player tracker/overlay that is freely usable for everyone!

This overlay features a stamina tracker (with progress bar), gold tracker, and gem tracker.

To modify player name, stamina, and money, simply type in the boxes on the left. To "set" gems to used, select the cell with the gem and press delete.

If you have any questions about this or want to request something specific, don't be afraid to ask!

To use this, make a copy of the sheet from HERE and add it somewhere in your google drive.

To use the buttons, you need to authorize your Google account with the script attached to the document. Sadly I couldn't disable this, but the script doesn't take any information from you or your drive. To authorize, try clicking any of the buttons and a prompt will pop up. You only need to do this once per sheet (if you make a copy of your own sheet you still need to do this on the new one)

To view the script, go to "Tools > Script editor..." or view it on pastebin.

Make sure to only modify the numbers on the top of the sheet, not in the yellow box. That info is updated automatically when you make a change, and typing in it will break the overlay.

To use on stream/video, add the window as a source in your preferred program (I recommend OBS) and Chroma Color out the color yellow. It's also recommended that you add some sort of background behind this as it's hard to see when placed over Tabletop Simulator by itself. This is the semi-transparent image I used in the screenshot below

Now for some screenshots :)

This work falls under the CC BY 4.0 License and can be used and edited freely as long as you provide credit!

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I have to say, this is really neat and handy. If only I can figure out how to use it >.< not sure how to copy the file.

EDIT: Wow I feel stupid... thanks @Bigfoot ! :)
  • edited July 2017
    @Cloud top left, click File > Make a copy

Edit: No problem! :)
  • Dude this is awesome!
  • pinging @cj_the_magic_man who I know could use this
  • Cool. It took me a second to get it. By buttons he means the Reset big blue buttons and nothing else on the spread sheet is a "button" Just delete the gems from the other table and it updates on the big yellow one and when you edit the numbers/gold it also updates!

Pretty damn clever and good use of chroma keying for anyone who wants to stream it. Nice work!
  • I guess I was over thinking what I needed for what I thought I'd have to write in excel, to make something similar. Maybe if I have some time to lie to my boss about what I'm working on, I'll write one up in VBA. 

Cool Sheet @Bigfoot , I never used Scripts from google sheets is it difficult?

• You think you could do a quick video tutorial on this? Kinda having a hard time figuring out the chroma color thing in obs. I got the file copied and the window is in the sources but all I see is black from that source.
  • This is absolute genius! This'll be very useful to track NPCs as well.
  • edited July 2017
    @Rob thanks Rawb! Yea, probably gonna elaborate more on the post later on so it isnt as confusing :)

@Vongeo as far as I could tell its in javascript, and as someone completely inexperienced with the language, it was fairly simple. I searched google's knowledgebase for the functions I needed and it worked out.

@Gterra2 I probably will to be honest. reading back what I wro te, it doesnt make as much sense as it does in my head. I'll tag you in a reply if/when I make it :)

@Nyrrix thanks! multiple sheets and some font/size changes could give you a full stream overlay of every character you could ever want o:
  • HOLY SHIT @Snarky THIS IS THE BEST

THANK YOU @Bigfoot ;

DO YOU WANT MY ITEM TABLES I CAN GIVE THEM
  • aren't I the best, to at you? @cj_the_magic_man
  • @cj_the_magic_man i'm not sure I know what you mean by item tables :P
  • I just saw the way you did the health bars and that,s an extremely clever way to do that. Only if there was a way to set it up so you can say input a number into an empty cell, and when you press enter it deletes that number and changes a value, I haven't figured out a way to do that just yet. What I've done before was something simple like a list where you can input the numbers but of course you need to scroll down the list to continue to do damage. 

I'm not that familiar with scripts or codes, so this has been the best I've could of done. I love what you've figured out though with the stamina bar.
  • edited July 2017
    @Tripleat I was trying to do something similar using onEdit(e) in the script but i was having trouble making it trigger only in a specific cell. If I can manage to get that to work it, your idea would be 100% do-able.

That's genius how you made it easier to calculate stamina. I'm gonna look into your idea and see what I can come up with :) If I get it working I'll reply again with a link to an example
  • edited July 2017
    @Tripleat Success! Here's the spreadsheet with the example if you wanna give it a shot :) Type into the cells to increase/decrease, or change the stamina value on its own.

Again, you'll have to copy the spreadsheet, then authorize the script before it can run. Also you'll have to hard-code each increase/decrease/total value cell. Check the script in "Tools > Script editor..." or check out the pastebin.

Hope this was what you were looking for c:

edit: gif example:

• @Bigfoot You are officially my new favourite person
  • edited July 2017
    @Bigfoot ;
    Just got home for lunch now, and I'm looking at the script editor, I'll see if i can figure this out and add another one like that, and maybe even try to change it's looks up a little to organize it better. I never have played with scripts before so I'm gonna try to do so now.

EDIT: Alright, its easy to add on to it, I should have no problem working this and changing the style up a bit, I'll post what I make with it on here later!
  • edited July 2017
    Alright this was what I got so far while on my lunch break

I really love that new script, it will help so much in combats with multiple NPC's, though this right here only covers actions, which I can try to set up on the other side of the Sheet, but again short on time.

Just the time to set it up can be a bit tedious, but its only a one time set up, its just a lot of copy pasting, then Ctrl-F to replace all the numbers, so it's not the worst thing. 
  • edited July 2017
    @Tripleat looks pretty sweet! Honestly, you could get away with only one box to change the total since typing a negative into the "add" box will still decrease the value. It also lowers the amount of copy/pasting you'd have to do
  • edited July 2017
    Oooo nice, actually if I did that, I could add a special button that would be restore stamina that sets that characters health back to max.

And also I could add that gem system you created to the right side to keep track of NPC actions as well
  • @Tripleat sounds good! I'm gonna have to figure out a way to fit this into my campaign notes spreadsheet, we'll see how it goes :P
  • Very nice, any chance of getting the same gems as Saxtens tracker? 
  • @CaptainThorn It's unlikely as I'd have to find a way to move images with a script, but I'll see what I can do :D
  • @CaptainThorn a bit of research tells me this should be possible! gonna look into it and provide an alternate spreadsheet you can copy from if i'm successful
  • @Bigfoot that's awesome dude, good luck!
  • YOOOO that's amazing! Thank you! 
  • edited July 2017
    Got a sick new update for the document using @Tripleat 's stamina calculating idea!

Check it out in action:

If you haven't changed anything in the document yet, feel free to make a new copy and start over :)

If you want to keep your existing document, make a copy of the document and copy the cyan squares from the copy to yours, then copy the top portion of the script (or better yet, from this pastebin)

If you change the position of these cyan cells, make sure to update them in the top part of the script, aka this:

The "total" var is the green text and the "change" var is the cyan box. Make sure to update all four sets of vars :)