Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Elemental Dice!

edited July 2017 in Custom Expansions
Workshop Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959671440

I custom-made some six-sided dice for Tabletop Simulator. Each side represents one of the Elements from URealms Live. I got the idea to make them from Rob's comment on my Food Thread, about needing a way to determine Random Status Effects. Each Status Effect is tied to an Element, so these dice are able to roll for a Random Element (for spells), or a random Status Effect!

And for good measure, I even made 2 separate versions of the d6: A standard Numbered version, and a version with the Element's Letters.

Feel free to use them in your URealms Live games, or even for other RPGs on Tabletop Sim!

(PS: I actually plan on making d12 and d20 versions as well! They may take a bit to be made, but when they are, I will make a new comment and also edit them into this original post)

UPDATE: I have added both Numbered and Lettered d12. Had previously uploaded the Numbered d12, but the one up now is different, as I was unhappy with how many same colors were touching in the original. D20 is proving a lot more difficult just due to how the texture is laid out and my need for perfection.

Comments

• This is awesome, looks good while still showing what the result is easily!
  • hmm. I might want to make this as part of a boss mechanic. Roll the die, draw a random spell of that element.
  • @Gterra2 That was one of the goals and ideas I had behind making them!
  • @Gterra2 Is it alright If integrate this into one of my campaigns for my "Venture Town" Campaign pack that im working on? I felt the need to check with you first after remembering you had the idea before me. 
  • @Gterra2Nah dude go right ahead. Concerns like that are why I put "eel free to use them in your URealms Live games, or even for other RPGs on Tabletop Sim!" right in the OP. :)

• What about stunning that uses a blank gem.
  • @Razer ;
    I don't think Stunning would be in there because it is most certainly the worst status effect you can get, rendering you completely unable to do anything for a turn. There are very few ways to gain immunity to Stun outside of being a Large Tile.
  • edited June 2017
    @Razer Honestly I forgot about Stunned, but I agree with @knguy on that in addition to having initially forgotten. It definitely seems way too punishing to have for a random effect, it's like 3 of the normal effects combined.
  • @Davrial That seems fair.
  • theres a d8 version as well  ;)
  • edited July 2017
    @heartgold3 I was going to do d6 (all the elements), d12 (2 of each element), and d20 (because the rest of URealms uses d20s; I would end up making 1 cause nothing to happen and 20 cause a reroll). I see no point to have a d8 version
  • UPDATE: I've actually finished the D12 already, it was a lot easier now that I know what process to do. As for the D20, that's more difficult, as I want to do something special with the two sides that arent elements. May be a while on that. Will add the D12 to the Workshop mod shortly.
  • @Davrial for the two sides that arent elements have one be nothing happens, and the other is the person that rolled it gets to pick which status effect gets applied.
  • edited July 2017
    @Gterra2 That's pretty close to what I planned on! I was planning on making one side a "nothing happens" and the other side a "Reroll" side. A "pick your own" side might work. The thing that's gonna make it take longer is that I plan on making those sides look extra fancy

• UPDATE: I have added both Numbered and Lettered d12. Had previously uploaded the Numbered d12, but the one up now is different, as I was unhappy with how many same colors were touching in the original. D20 is proving a lot more difficult just due to how the texture is laid out and my need for perfection.

I actually have a surprise planned for when I finish the d20, but it's a secret.
  • daz prdy kewl!  :3