Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Great Tool for Creating Your Own Maps

I wanted to share this free website you can use to make your own maps for games.

http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/

I've used it a lot for making my own maps, I feel a lot of other people can get a lot of use from this too.

Comments

• Oh wow, this looks super useful! Especially when it comes to making maps on the fly because your PCs just did something completely unexpected... again. Thanks!
  • @Timedagger100 ;
    Oh wow, this looks super useful! Especially when it comes to making maps on the fly because your PCs just did something completely unexpected... again. Thanks!

Make sure you save it to your computer often! I've learned that mistake many times before and accidentally hitting backspace to go back a page, to lose and hour or 2 of progress.
  • This is a really cool website thanks for sharing! :)
  • edited May 2017
    @Tripleat you are my hero! Now to figure out how to use this thing...  :|
  • For building maps, I recommend their steam application Dungeon Painter Studio. That's if you have some money to spend of course! Once you create a map you can just download it as a picture. (There's also a Urealms option when it comes to pixel size)
  • @Trakin This is the same application but the web version of it actually.
  • @Tripleat Yes absolutely!I just wanted to recommend the steam app because it has a ton more options, better visuals, a modding community (fan made textures), and more stuff is being added.
    The online painter is fantastic, I just enjoy having a wider variety of things to work with.
  • Thanks now I have the necessary tools