Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Post About Favorite Video Games Here!

edited May 2017 in Offtopic
Like the title suggests, post your favorite game(s)/series', and why you like them specifically. 
Tabletop games also included. I hope new people can find new, fun games from this!

My favorite is Earthbound/The Mother series, because of their unique charm and atmosphere.

Comments

• Currently I've really been enjoying Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It's really hilarious to play with friends and it's super satisfying when you disarm the bomb with seconds to spare :)
  • Dark Souls, because of the steep learning curve and world building/lore! Among other things of course
  • Dark Souls has been my favourite game for a long time now. Don't even know how many times I've finished that game now. I loved the challenge and how rewarding it was to finally kill bosses after days of trying *cough* O&S *cough*, not to mention the amazing lore and world.
    I also finished NieR: Automata a few days ago and that game quickly became one of my favourite games, right next to Dark Souls. Seriously, playing that game was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had, beyond amazing, even. Game is a bloody masterpiece, definetly my GOTY.
  • Enter The Gungeon and Terraria are currently my favorites, although I also play Skyrim. Trying to keep myself busy until the end of May!
  • There are 3 games I absolutely love and always come back to: Minecraft, Skyrim, and Borderlands (Any of them really). However lately I've went back to playing Warframe and just Started Dragon Age inquisition last night.
  • Medieval 2 Total War is a favorite of mine, the many mods and fun overall feelings really gives the game a great replayability!
  • Starcraft II will always be one of my favorites. Halo 3 and SC II always compete for my top spot because both of their stories are so damn good (with the rest of the franchises considered). Fun to play, fun to read, fun to watch... the problem is that they are both "Best!" at only one thing, which I value equally. SC II has the most engaging story I've played through in a long time, while Halo 3 had the best MP in console FPS. I will ALWAYS remember those late nights spent in Sandtrap and Valhalla.
  • It's weird but I've recently been getting into minesweeper it's a good time waster.
  • @Ninjathis enter the gungeon is awesome! 
    @cpMetis I love SCII but I could never really get into the multiplayer just because of the super steep learning curve
  • @coconut I loved to watch the esports scene, but gave up after 2 seasons of WoL ladder. The highest I ever got was top spot of Silver 1 for a month. Beat several golds but never got the promotion :(
  • Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door both hold a special place in my heart. I played them both with my dad when I was young, and I've loved their art style/music/stories/humor etc. ever since. I'm really sad about the direction Nintendo has taken the series (as are most fans), but I'll continue to enjoy the first two as long as I can.

In a similar vein, I love the hell out of Undertale, but I don't have that emotional connection to it as I do to Paper Mario.

These other games aren't my favorites, but I still enjoy Overwatch, Darkest Dungeon, Enter the Gungeon, Terraria, Viscera Cleanup Detail, and any games by the creators of World of Goo. I could list more but I'll stop here.
  • @cpMetis Yeah! SCII is my favourite eSport to watch :D and I think I only ever was in bronze, but I only played on the ladder for like a month haha 
  • edited May 2017
    DvZ, Urealms and a good Pokemon game/mod. However do i ether watch youtube/anime or work on custom URealms stuff these days.
  • Factorio is my life right now, recommend for anybody who doesn't like having free time
  • Cave Story is pretty great. It can be difficult in parts but that just adds to the victory in the end.
  • Rimworld is all I play atm :) 
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explores of Sky. This game is still my number 1. Spent 100's of hours when it first came out, pluse I had alot less work back then. Only game to make me cry from feels, now cry from anger is a different story that this game has also made me do. So many feelings if Joy and Saddness.

Another fun one I have been playing alot if lately is Titenfall 2.
  • Overwatch is my favorite currently. I've also been playing a lot of Stardew valley and Breath of the Wild. 
  • @Knifu_Waifu Explorers of Sky is probably my favourite Pokemon game ever - the story is lot more intense and involved than the main games, and it's prettier than the later Mystery Dungeon games.

A recurring favourite of mine is Kerbal Space Program. Most likely hundreds of hours played, and I always end up coming back to it, even if I take breaks that last months. And a great community, to boot.
  • Bastion is definitely one of my favourite games! The hand painted art/graphics, gameplay, story, and music all tie together to make just an all around beautiful game. One of the only games thats really made me emotional, too  ~_~
  • Though a bit obscure, one of my favorite games is Knytt Underground. It's incredibly relaxing, while still providing a lot of challenge at times. Plus, the soundtrack has the best ambient music I've ever heard. It calms me down and I listen to it all the time when I'm working.

Plus, it's a massive game with a massive map, and I've played through it multiple times. Because of this, subtle variations in a playthrough can make it a completely new experience for me.
  • @ImagineBaggins Gotta agree with you on the Paper Mario series. Though I can't speak for the most recent game (haven't played) and I didn't like Sticker Star, TTYD and the original are by far two of my most favorite games of all time.

Other than those, I've been a long time Pokemon fan. I play pretty casually compared to some, but I love the games to death all the same.

But my #1 game has gotta be Banjo Kazooie. Can't get enough of that game, man. Started doing a series for it on youtube close to a year ago, but I had to put it on hold indefinitely due to hardware issues (My n64 is not in the greatest condition whoops). Would love to finish that up though. I'm also really happy with the recent release of Yooka Laylee. It really captures the old feel of Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie.
  • Right now I enjoy playing the arcade in Overwatch on PC and Shadowverse on Steam. My all time favorite games are Tekken 3 and Crash Team Racing for PS1 though.
  • edited May 2017
    Hmm, lemme see here:
    TF2, Overwatch, Undertale, most Legend of Zelda games, Garry's Mod, Left 4 Dead 2, Soul Calibur II, IV and V, any Mario Kart, any Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Pearl, Fran Bow, Oxenfree, Life Is Strange, A Wolf Among Us, Minecraft (not so much these days tho, only sometimes play big tech modpacks with friends), Super Mario 64 (DS), GTA San Andreas, GTA V, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Dungeons and Dragons, URealms Live (obviously :D), bunch of older Lego games (Lego Racers 2, Island Extreme Stunts), Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Rust, Borderlands 2, Loadout, BioShock Infinite, Portal 1 and 2, Shovel Knight, SUPERHOT, Psychonauts...

...what am I doing with my life?
  • World of Warcraft is my favorite
  • edited May 2017
    My tastes in games is wide and varied, but I'm always here for the JRPGs, for as much as I can ever sit and read stuff.... :| So a lot of games (old or not) are good, sometimes though I just need a game I can sit and play and not think too hard about, Smash and TF2 come to mind, good sensless fun lol.
    I'm just started 999 and Tales of Beseria, playing Overwatch occasionally and generally badly, and have been playing Final Fantasy XIV since that's ever been a thing. (please send help or at least a snack, catgirl dress up simulator is taking up all my time lol)
  • Although I don't have a favorite, I'd say that The Legend of Zelda series is my favorite series of games. (I'm currently playing BOTW and love it!  ~_~
  • Big fan of Runescape, more specifically Old School Runescape! Really enjoyable experience and easy to get into.
  • I absolutely love games driven by stories so one of my favorites from this year was OneShot. I just found it on steam one day during a sale and thought why not so I bought it and it was amazing. Otherwise I've been playing some Guild Wars 2 lately and Heroes of the Storm.