Professor Nader "Welcome to the URealms Forums! Please make sure to read the rules before posting!
Your posting ability may be restricted for the first 24 hours!"

Thousands of Cards and Tabletop Simulator

edited May 2017 in Offtopic
So hey everyone.

I get a lot of the tech used within TTS for URL. There's a LUA interface, it seems like TTS can support multiple token states, whatever.

BUT: I've tried to import cards into TTS for a game system that I like (Phoenix:Dawn Command), and from what I understand, you import card sheets. Last I checked, it was 70 or so cards per sheet. URealms has thousands of cards. Probably close to 2000! Isn't that impressive, Jimmy?

Judging  by the fact that I occasionally see a message that TTS is loading one card when Rob pulls a random spell, I'm guessing that he's just importing all of his cards one by one through a script and saving those into the various decks, but I just want to confirm if this is really what's going on, and if there's any common practice/tools to do this, because the tooling around creating those card sheets is, to be honest, kind of shit. It sucks. It's terrible, I don't like it, and creating tokens is even worse -- I hated making cards and making tokens is even worse guys.

I-- just clear my mind and give me the knowledge, please. Help a seekerofknowledge.

Comments

• For the record, I think I figured it out. Saved items and game states are all stored in plaintext JSON files (<Documents>\My Games\Tabletop Simulator\Saves\Saved Objects), and with a knowledge of that file format, they must be simply using a script to create each deck box, for instance.

So JFGI I guess.